DRW follows what you are attacking. If the target is out of range for DRW, it won't mimic abilities. It has the shitty pet AI so target swapping during DRW or using it on a moving target is a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair it happens even in melee range or if I switch back to the original target :<

Guess I better be a bit more careful about what I DRW on and when.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

DRW kinda dances around, so it might be on the left when you swap to right.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess that's why it's called "Dancing" Rune Weapon then huh

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Guess that's why it's called "Dancing" Rune Weapon then huh
    Boooooooooooo.

I tried to replicate it a few times in dungeons, and noticed it only once or twice, may be a range thing based on where our friend decides to dance but am unsure.
    Rambler.

How is DKs single target in legion?

I've mained a paladin for ages but i'm considering maining DK as I've always loved them and i think the new system for them is great but playing one on pre patch, my AoE is insane whilst my ST is very weak.

Quick question:

On boss mechanics that require you to have active mitigation up does bone shield count?

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    Quick question:

On boss mechanics that require you to have active mitigation up does bone shield count?
    No - Marrowrend provides a 3 second buff after usage, same as death strike "Recently Death striked" <- this is your AM.

It's a bit annoying that its on GCD tho.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    How is DKs single target in legion?

I've mained a paladin for ages but i'm considering maining DK as I've always loved them and i think the new system for them is great but playing one on pre patch, my AoE is insane whilst my ST is very weak.
    Like most tanks, weak ST, stupid strong AE. We'll likely show up on meters more because our AE might be a bit better than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    Boooooooooooo.

I tried to replicate it a few times in dungeons, and noticed it only once or twice, may be a range thing based on where our friend decides to dance but am unsure.
    The best replication point is probably Hellfire High Council - but it's far from consistent even there. I hope it's not a big issue in Legion, it's really annoying having your 3min cd do literally nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    The best replication point is probably Hellfire High Council - but it's far from consistent even there. I hope it's not a big issue in Legion, it's really annoying having your 3min cd do literally nothing for you.
    It's there for moral support, and to give people the illusion that you used a cd so if you die you can blame healers.
    Rambler.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Am I the only one who'd love to find a glyph for less yelling in combat?
    They could call it "Glyph of Stone Cold Killer". You could keep all the yelling if you want your character to do that, or glyph it off if you'd rather fight without it.
    Absolutely not, class fantasy is a MUST in Legion. No exceptions.

would it kill them if DS applied blood shield before doing damage? that way unending thirst could at least see some use
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    would it kill them if DS applied blood shield before doing damage? that way unending thirst could at least see some use
    erm it's actually pretty good lmao

it's not like you can only cast 1 DS

Devil's advocate: The leech part isn't tied to Death Striking twice, in PvP you won't necessarily have the Blood Shield pop quickly, and in circumstances where you're not actively tanking your Blood Shield will remain unbroken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Devil's advocate: The leech part isn't tied to Death Striking twice, in PvP you won't necessarily have the Blood Shield pop quickly, and in circumstances where you're not actively tanking your Blood Shield will remain unbroken.
    In most raid fights in Legion both tanks get damage most of the time. There one way - our blood shield can last longer if you get magical damage when BS prevent only physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    you now need to have blood shield up before the leech and damage boost take place
    ie : the first deathstrike without bloodshield has 0 benefit from unending thirst
    yes but most of the time if you arent tanking you probably are at full health
    and if for some weird reason you arent tanking but taking damage that damage would probably break your blood shield
    i can see some use for it but its quite situational

and yes you can DS twice in a row to get a benefit but youll need a boss swing timer or something to prevent bloodshield from breaking. any addon recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    you now need to have blood shield up before the leech and damage boost take place
    ie : the first deathstrike without bloodshield has 0 benefit from unending thirst
    yes but most of the time if you arent tanking you probably are at full health
    and if for some weird reason you arent tanking but taking damage that damage would probably break your blood shield
    i can see some use for it but its quite situational

and yes you can DS twice in a row to get a benefit but youll need a boss swing timer or something to prevent bloodshield from breaking. any addon recommendations?
    Do you have evidence that DS applies damage before Blood Shield? Because I remember that for a few patches during beta everyone was saying that the shield applied first, so Death Strike simply always has bonus damage and leech.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Do you have evidence that DS applies damage before Blood Shield? Because I remember that for a few patches during beta everyone was saying that the shield applied first, so Death Strike simply always has bonus damage and leech.
    Later patches, it got hotfixed. Ever since that point, it's followed that you'd need the shield up before leech and damage boost take place.