Thread: keto diet

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Actually, the evidence does support it. The WHO itself has stated it (google WHO red meat and WHO processed meat), and the Harvard's guide for a healthy plate that I linked states to avoid red meat, bacon, etc. Both of these are backed by the latest medical scientific research.
    I agree, the evidence does support it. You can do keto within Harvard's guidelines, however. Sortof.

Actually, the evidence does support it. The WHO itself has stated it (google WHO red meat and WHO processed meat), and the Harvard's guide for a healthy plate that I linked states to avoid red meat, bacon, etc. Both of these are backed by the latest medical scientific research.
    Yeah, lots of organizations have stated this, but they've been doing so without evidence to back it up. Nutritional science has been scandalously corrupt for decades.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yeah, lots of organizations have stated this, but they've been doing so without evidence to back it up. Nutritional science has been scandalously corrupt for decades.
    Without evidence to back it up? How can you say that with a straight face? Do you think the WHO and other scientific organizations just make huge claims like this without backing it up?

"The IARC Working Group considered more than 800 different studies on cancer in humans (some studies provided data on both types of meat; in total more than 700 epidemiological studies provided data on red meat and more than 400 epidemiological studies provided data on processed meat)."

"The IARC Working Group consisted of 22 experts from 10 countries."

And it's not just the WHO who states this, Harvard School of Medicine and the American Dietetic Association also say the same thing as do many other reputable organizations. At the end of the day the studies and evidence is there, you can choose to stay ignorant if it makes you happy.

Without evidence to back it up? How can you say that with a straight face? Do you think the WHO and other scientific organizations just make huge claims like this without backing it up?

"The IARC Working Group considered more than 800 different studies on cancer in humans (some studies provided data on both types of meat; in total more than 700 epidemiological studies provided data on red meat and more than 400 epidemiological studies provided data on processed meat)."

"The IARC Working Group consisted of 22 experts from 10 countries."

And it's not just the WHO who states this, Harvard School of Medicine and the American Dietetic Association also say the same thing as do many other reputable organizations. At the end of the day the studies and evidence is there, you can choose to stay ignorant if it makes you happy.
    Whoa. You were talking about HEART DISEASE, not cancer.

You do know that cancer and heart disease are different things, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Whoa. You were talking about HEART DISEASE, not cancer.

You do know that cancer and heart disease are different things, right?
    Both, it is linked to both.

"The World Health Organisation has classified processed meats – including ham, salami, sausages and hot dogs – as a class 1 carcinogen which means that there is strong evidence that processed meats cause cancer. Red meat, such as beef, lamb and pork has been classified as a 'probable' cause of cancer."

Well thankfully the water works is starting to slow down.

I can see where I am probably going to start needing to buy some fiber pills down the road. I went all day yesterday without going to the bathroom.

Pissing every couple of hours from all this extra liquid sure is annoying though.

I was thinking about switching to a Keto diet. Will this affect my performance in the gym?

As for fibre I thought that you could eat fibre heavy foods and only account for the net carbs?

Both, it is linked to both.

"The World Health Organisation has classified processed meats – including ham, salami, sausages and hot dogs – as a class 1 carcinogen which means that there is strong evidence that processed meats cause cancer. Red meat, such as beef, lamb and pork has been classified as a 'probable' cause of cancer."
    There is nothing in your quote about heart disease. Please stop making up shit.

I'm assuming most of it was water weight, but in one week I've dropped 6lbs. I didn't even think that was possible.

There is nothing in your quote about heart disease. Please stop making up shit.
    Seems like you're too lazy to inform yourself, stay ignorant then if it makes you happy.

Seems like you're too lazy to inform yourself, stay ignorant then if it makes you happy.
    Yeah, as I thought. You have absolutely nothing to back up your baldfaced lie that red meat causes heart disease. And that's because, as I have told you, there isn't evidence that it does so.

Yeah, as I thought. You have absolutely nothing to back up your baldfaced lie that red meat causes heart disease. And that's because, as I have told you, there isn't evidence that it does so.
    I can't be bothered to find a source right now, but I know there was a study of over 200,000 people in the US that determined no statistical evidence of red meat, or more specifically, saturated fats causing increased risk of heart disease.

The same study determined that trans-fats are unhealthy in any quantity.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I can't be bothered to find a source right now, but I know there was a study of over 200,000 people in the US that determined no statistical evidence of red meat, or more specifically, saturated fats causing increased risk of heart disease.

The same study determined that trans-fats are unhealthy in any quantity.
    Yes, you can find links to such studies in Nina Teicholz's recent book "The Big Fat Surprise".

It's pretty sad you refuse to google it yourself, it's so easy to find. If you actually wanted to research it the information is out there. I guess you want to stay ignorant. Your source is "The Big Fat Lie" a popular science book written by an "Investigative journalist". Enough said, lol.

That popular science writer says you should eat more saturated fats. Guess it's for the shock value to sell more books? Meanwhile, here's what these top scientific organizations have to say:

"Medical, scientific, heart-health, governmental and intergovernmental, and professional authorities, such as the World Health Organization, the American Dietetic Association, the Dietitians of Canada, the British Dietetic Association, American Heart Association, the British Heart Foundation, the World Heart Federation, the British National Health Service, the United States Food and Drug Administration, and the European Food Safety Authority advise that saturated fat is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD), and recommend dietary limits on saturated fats as one means of reducing that risk."

At this point I'll just stop arguing with you. It's clear you have set your mind that bacon is great for you and you will continue to filter out any science saying otherwise. Let's be honest here, with a pic like that, you're probably not worth arguing with.

It's pretty sad you refuse to google it yourself, it's so easy to find. If you actually wanted to research it the information is out there. I guess you want to stay ignorant. Your source is "The Big Fat Lie" a popular science book written by an "Investigative journalist". Enough said, lol.
    I have looked for this supposed evidence. It isn't there.

Why don't you try your googling again, only this time (1) don't stop when you find "cancer", and (2) give me something in the primary literature, not the crypto-vegan propaganda echo chamber?

In any case, YOU are the one who started with this claim. It is up to YOU, not me, to present the evidence. Otherwise, it is obvious that you are a lying blowhard who cannot admit he was spewing unsubstantiated BS.

I have looked for this supposed evidence. It isn't there.

Why don't you try your googling again, only this time (1) don't stop when you find "cancer", and (2) give me something in the primary literature, not the crypto-vegan propaganda echo chamber?

In any case, YOU are the one who started with this claim. It is up to YOU, not me, to present the evidence. Otherwise, it is obvious that you are a lying blowhard who cannot admit he was spewing unsubstantiated BS.
    For funsies: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/121/21/2271.short

A recent systematic review from primary literature. I'm not going to spoil the results and just let people actually read the literature rather than assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    For funsies: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/121/21/2271.short

A recent systematic review from primary literature. I'm not going to spoil the results and just let people actually read the literature rather than assume.
    "Consumption of processed meats, but not red meats, is associated with higher incidence of CHD and diabetes mellitus"

Neat.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Consumption of most processed food is garbage food and should be avoided anyway, especially if you're living in the US where everything is GMO or glyphosate or some other toxic shit.

I use keto for over a year so far, I feel a lot better for it, and I make sure my meats and fish are organic. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    "Consumption of processed meats, but not red meats, is associated with higher incidence of CHD and diabetes mellitus"

Neat.
    And it would be amusing if that association were due to processed meats being eaten more with carbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    especially if you're living in the US where everything is GMO or glyphosate or some other toxic shit.
    Don't forget contamination of our food by witchcraft and demons. That's about at the same level of concern as what you just wrote there.

And it would be amusing if that association were due to processed meats being eaten more with carbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget contamination of our food by witchcraft and demons. That's about at the same level of concern as what you just wrote there.
    Awww that's ok. You live in ignorance. I understand.