Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where to park your toon before Launch?

As the title states, where are you going to park your toon before launch to start right away?

For the Horde, they'll probably launch from the docks to the northeast of Orgrimmar.

I'd presume that the Alliance will use the docks in Stormwind?

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    As the title states, where are you going to park your toon before launch to start right away?

In Dalaran above Kara

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    In Dalaran above Kara
    There isnt a place to even bind your hearthstone there are you sure? I figured maybe Dal but didnt think of the one above kara doesnt that seem out of the way to fly to for everyone, or will there be a quick travel some way to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    There isnt a place to even bind your hearthstone there are you sure? I figured maybe Dal but didnt think of the one above kara doesnt that seem out of the way to fly to for everyone, or will there be a quick travel some way to get there?

As soon as Legion goes live, Khgadar servent shows up offering a quest to meet him in Dalaran above Kara. We see it get teleported to The Broken Shore, then the very next quest is about our artifact chain. You can park your toon there and log out, when you log on for Legion you get the quest and you are already at Dalaran.

As soon as Legion goes live, Khgadar servent shows up offering a quest to meet him in Dalaran above Kara. We see it get teleported to The Broken Shore, then the very next quest is about our artifact chain. You can park your toon there and log out, when you log on for Legion you get the quest and you are already at Dalaran.
    Awesome thanks for the info, just what was I was looking for you are a lifesaver

In Dalaran above Kara
    For Horde players park it in the cleft of shadow. There's a port that takes you straight to new Dal. There's nothing to confirm that you'll phase correctly if you're already there.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    For Horde players park it in the cleft of shadow. There's a port that takes you straight to new Dal. There's nothing to confirm that you'll phase correctly if you're already there.
    even better, take the new dal hearthstone now and park your char anywhere!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    even better, take the new dal hearthstone now and park your char anywhere!!
    its fixed - you can't currently get the dal-hs anymore

You get your weapon quests from Dalaran above Karazhan after they move it to the Broken Isles. Then you get your weapon quest while walking through Dalaran after a minute, once you get the weapon you go to the Broken Isles.

/endthread

Probably Swamp of Sorrows so I won't have to load into Dalaran. But servers will probably crash when trying to load on to the Broke Isles.

Deleted
    Doesn't really matter where you park your toon unless you're a hardcore player that wants to race along with other players to level 110.

On it's butt

Seriously though, probably somewhere near the first step of the expansion. I'm honestly so super excited to get those artifact weapons and start going at the new content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    For the Horde, they'll probably launch from the docks to the northeast of Orgrimmar.

I'd presume that the Alliance will use the docks in Stormwind?
    Where are you going? Northrend?

Pretty sure most people will want to go to the broken shore via dalaran

So how do you get to Legion Dalaran?

Doesn't matter really, but I'll stay out of the Garrison just to avoid the lag that is bound to happen. Can't wait to finally be leaving the place behind in the dust.

I'll be in my garrison to turn in some quests then set my hearth to somewhere close to kara.

My guess is that Legion will launch much like WoD where as soon as the switch is flipped the appropriate NPCs will just spawn. So being in new Dalaran will most likely be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    My guess is that Legion will launch much like WoD where as soon as the switch is flipped the appropriate NPCs will just spawn. So being in new Dalaran will most likely be best.
    Judging by their launch tests, every npc should be in their correct spot August 23/4. (Doesn't appear any new npcs spawn). Though we should know on that week if everything looks normal for launch.

On Topic: I'll be in Dalaran. Launches are fun so probably will be staying up for it. Considered doing the extra Draenor bonus quests and stuff but I think it's safer to avoid as many loading screens and different zones that can crash as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I like someone's idea of logging out in Darkshire. It's probably better than say SW, your garrison, or any major city for lag purposes. I don't think it's going to matter much though. Launch is going to be a sh*t-show like usual with server crashes and lag like it always is. I'll be pleasantly surprised if not, but I'm not holding my breath.