Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Nice try, but adults with jobs don't get butthurt over video games.
    Comment of the millennium.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Everyone and their mother is playing a DH so of course they are going to use every ability. Without using BD and EB their rotation could literally be one single button used every so often on a single target.

Spot on design Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

You are all the reasons wrong with this game man, seriously.
    This. Let people have fun in this game man. It is after all a game.

Deleted
    I can smell the Doritos and Mountain Dew from here.

Why do I Blade Dance on ST? Two reasons, First I'll be using first blood while leveling and second bc fuck you, I'll do what I want and still out dps you.

Jesus Christ! The toxic behavior and entitlement of all your new schoolers are laughable.

As many other with common sense has already mentioned: disregarding the fact that 100% dodge is a pretty fucking sweet bonus for the ability, the actual DPS loss with using blade dance on cooldown is minuscule.

You simply base your argument over the fact that it is "less" damage but completely fail to know how much less. You even bring up the childish argument of "even a few seconds longer to kill a boss is not alright". I mean, come on dude!

This is not a factor. Not here, not anywhere.

I know you all love to think you are the shit in this game, but get a life really.

So lets actually answer this question. Simcraft has a special conditional for using Blade Dance on single targets called "blade_dance_worth_using". The default profile uses it over Chaos Strike when that conditional evaluates true. More detail at this link:

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s.../Demon-Hunters

As you can see, the conditional is actually quite complicated and not anything a human would be able to consistently execute. That's why the common wisdom is simply "Don't use BD on single-targets". It's at best 0.9% DPS gain if you use it properly (and I don't see how that's possible!) and potentially a 4.8% total DPS loss. Of course if you need the dodge to stay alive go for it.

DH_Havoc_T19P using Blade Dance/Death Sweep when B_D_W_U: 244.8k DPS
    DH_Havoc_T19P not using Blade Dance/Death Sweep on single targets at all: 242.6k DPS (-0.9%)
    DH_Havoc_T19P using Blade Dance/Death Sweep over Chaos Strike all the time: 233.5k DPS (-4.8%)

And then lets check in with the First Blood talent, which buffs Blade Dance on single targets.

DH_Havoc_T19P using Blade Dance/Death Sweep when B_D_W_U: 231.2k DPS (-5.8%)
    DH_Havoc_T19P using Blade Dance/Death Sweep over Chaos Strike all the time: 231.4k DPS (-5.8%)

So First Blood does make Blade Dance DPS-neutral versus Chaos Strike on single-targets, but it's such a significant DPS loss versus Bloodlet that it simply isn't competitive, even at L110 with loaded artifact and all the talents.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-08-15 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    You don't cast Blizzard on raid bosses, and you don't use Blade Dance.

It really hurts my eyes to see this happen so much. The First Blood talent isn't even available yet, so there really are no excuses.
    "Please make the Demon Hunter experience for you even more boring than it is."

Blade Dance should receive a buff where it's slightly superior to Chaos Strike single target so we have a reason to pop it every 8 seconds or whatever it is. People really like their dull rotations.

That's what the First Blood talent is for. If you want to use Blade Dance single target, pick that talent.

Only problem is that it's balanced too low-- it's DPS-neutral with Chaos Strike on single-targets. But Bloodlet is DPS-positive, and it cleaves to 3 targets!

The right fix is to buff First Blood and add AE damage to Fel Blade. That way they would be competitive with Bloodlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You mean one button because Demon Blades is the best talent in that row? :P
    Two buttons sounds right. You also have Fel Rush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    "Please make the Demon Hunter experience for you even more boring than it is."

Blade Dance should receive a buff where it's slightly superior to Chaos Strike single target so we have a reason to pop it every 8 seconds or whatever it is. People really like their dull rotations.
    First Blood, take it when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    First Blood, take it when you can.
    (And do 6% less overall damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Cool get carried by someone else then.
    Seriously...how many people here have anything at all to do with your raid? I mean, if half the forum was coming to you for a spot, hell even a 10th I could get this comment.

It's like looking at someone through their window buttering their bread wrong and you screaming through that window "THAT SHIT DOESN'T FLY IN MY HOUSE". It's honestly a less useful sentiment than actually pressing BD on a single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    (And do 6% less overall damage.)
    meh 6% is small enough for anything not progress related that if someone just likes pressing it, then fine.

i dunno 2 target eyebeam seems worth it if you know your not going to get more adds for a few mins

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    meh 6% is small enough for anything not progress related that if someone just likes pressing it, then fine.
    Everybody has to make that choice for themselves.

For me, <5% is small enough that I wouldn't do anything I found truly annoying to get it, like Fel Rushing/Vengeful Leaping constantly. Once the performance differential is over ~5%, I would feel obligated to play that way, even if I hated the playstyle. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Everybody has to make that choice for themselves.

For me, <5% is small enough that I wouldn't do anything I found truly annoying to get it, like Fel Rushing/Vengeful Leaping constantly. Once the performance differential is over ~5%, I would feel obligated to play that way, even if I hated the playstyle. But that's just me.
    I give about a 10% rating for other people. For me, well I am bad so if I don't do everything I can my many mistakes will over take me. I generally play what is best or at least what is best to the best of my knowledge. I started fel rushing all the time because of a thread here over the weekend. Found my dps went up by damn close to 8k

Oh-- using fel rush is much more than 6%. It's a whopping 18% on its own; more combined with Momentum. That's mandatory for everybody.

Deleted
    How is this 9 pages

As I've seen mentioned a couple times in this thread, it does have 100% dodge baked into it, so not every DH you see using BD is using it as part of a single target rotation. I use it to avoid damage when I can instead of using defensive abilities with longer cooldowns. Kicking players for using an ability in a manner you deem unacceptable is just childish. As long as it's not wiping the party/raid over and over through it's misuse, who the hell cares. How about instead you politely instruct them how to use it properly in about the same amount of time you took to no doubt be toxic and teach instead of discourage. Do you even realize the effect it has on a new player or even a casual player when they are showed the ropes or small tricks most players overlook? Here's a hint, it's builds a solid player base to recruit from because most of those players you helped get the itch to learn more and get better. I've been playing since 2005, hardcore raiding, casual etc etc etc, it's how I was taught to play then and how I return the favor now whenever I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try hard raiders during pre-patch.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    You don't cast Blizzard on raid bosses, and you don't use Blade Dance.

It really hurts my eyes to see this happen so much. The First Blood talent isn't even available yet, so there really are no excuses.
    You have no idea what your talking about. I play DH 110 on beta, Blade Dance is absolutely wonderful vs single target in pvp, with or without First blood talent. I've killed many players using blade dance, its nothing like Blizzard it does far more damage single target than Blizzard does. Any DH who doesnt use blade dance single target is a fool.

I'm maining DH in legion played it so much in beta and love the class. I'm a pvper so couldnt care less about raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    You have no idea what your talking about. I play DH 110 on beta, Blade Dance is absolutely wonderful vs single target in pvp, with or without First blood talent. I've killed many players using blade dance, its nothing like Blizzard it does far more damage single target than Blizzard does. Any DH who doesnt use blade dance single target is a fool.

I'm maining DH in legion played it so much in beta and love the class. I'm a pvper so couldnt care less about raiding.
    In PvE, there's NO reason to use Blade Dance in ST at all.

In PvP, if you're not being focused, there's no reason at all either.