Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I got to rank 10 before BGs even existed (10 years ago? LOL). I do miss world pvp and how fast paced it was back then. The skill I found was in using your abilities/CDs to take on multiple people etc in a fast paced environment. Although back then when WSG came out, people still died just as fast - good old Barman Ganker and its slow speed for big crits!

No, it's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by BoonOP View Post
    I got to rank 10 before BGs even existed (10 years ago? LOL). I do miss world pvp and how fast paced it was back then. The skill I found was in using your abilities/CDs to take on multiple people etc in a fast paced environment. Although back then when WSG came out, people still died just as fast - good old Barman Ganker and its slow speed for big crits!
    Oh really? You went from rank 0 to rank 10 in 3 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Oh really? You went from rank 0 to rank 10 in 3 weeks?
    It was roughly 2 months between 1.4 and 1.5. Back then you only went up ranks every Tuesday, and if you put time into it you didn't go from 0 to 1. You could make leaps through the early ranks. Hell there was a hunter on my server at the time (Kil'Jaeden) that hit Grand Marshal via world pvp.

All the chilldwind point battles, wars over whipper root tubers in Ashenvale, etc. It was good times.

/EndNostalgia
    Last edited by BoonOP; 2016-08-18 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

Classes are dying like they should to me, and things seem much healthier.

lol what? dying like they should be?!? let me guess rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by BoonOP View Post
    Look I can't recall the exact time frame from the honor system to the introduction of WSG, but I'm fairly certain if was more than 3 weeks. I definitely had the full blue set prior to WSGs release which was rank 10 for the head/shoulders. Back then you only went up ranks every Tuesday, and if you put time into it you didn't go from 0 to 1. You could make leaps through the early ranks. Hell there was a hunter on my server at the time (Kil'Jaeden) that hit Grand Marshal via world pvp.

All the chilldwind point battles, wars over whipper root tubers in Ashenvale, etc. It was good times.

/EndNostalgia
    Eh, you could be right. I don't seem to recall it being possible though. Wiki has May 5th as honor system release, and June 7th as BG release. 4 resets at most, and standing 1 is 13k RP. rank 14 is 60k RP and you decay 20% per week so... maybe the wiki dates are wrong, though.

Eh, you could be right. I don't seem to recall it being possible though. Wiki has May 5th as honor system release, and June 7th as BG release. 4 resets at most, and standing 1 is 13k RP. rank 14 is 60k RP and you decay 20% per week so... maybe the wiki dates are wrong, though.
    Ya had just updated my response when I decided to look up the dates. I truly wasn't trying to brag, just remembering my younger days fondly and surprised I still play from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lol what? dying like they should be?!? let me guess rogue.
    Yes, people should be dying in PVP.

Yes, people should be dying in PVP.
    and people do!?!? but the it was implied he expects people should flop over for being looked at by him.

People who go on and on about wpvp are only interested if they outnumber, outgear, or outlevel you, and they're generally scummy assholes to boot, who try to justify it all in some dumb way. Otherwise, they turn tail and run away. That is WoW world pvp, and it is a total joke.

But it sure beats getting destroyed by fresh 100's/110's in BGs with normalized gear because you're actually not that great at pvp.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

There's a lot of people posting in this thread that are STILL bitter at being destroyed in wpvp, lol.

WPVP is better, more fun, and most resembles what real WoW pvp SHOULD be about.

Yeah, WPvP can be really exhilarating Back and fourth, grouping to defend them self, retaliation etcetera. There's no "grand" goal to it either, you gain almost no honour, no objectives or anything "rewarding", only fun, or despair if you dislike WPvP.

It's great when players create their own activity's instead of only demanding new content. Imagination is great!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.