Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

LEGION Tier only drops as items and not Tokens accordign to gamescom Q&A

This was posted on reddit.

If 2 rogue gloves drop and you have 0 rogues, they will be vendored. Unlike in WoD if you have no rogues, DK's Mages and Druids can still use them.

Ok this the reddit post is FALSE:

Tier Tokens are still there for ML.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow devs just tweeted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

So its only item drops for PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The actual "Proof" for this is garbage, its people reading into things that were said by people who said they had no clue

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ontent/d6odcyr
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2016-08-19 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually kinda okay with this. The last time I was meaningfully invested in raiding outside hitting it up to see the environment, catch the story, and get a nice set of shinies to wear, tier items dropped as themselves anyway, and ideally they'll put in bad-luck protection to reduce the chances of bosses dropping tier items for classes you don't have in the raid (but not a 100% protection so you don't get raids class-stacking to quickly gear up an alt/new recruit by abusing the personal loot trading system).

At least in theory; in practice this might be a gigantic pain in the ass and end up seeing tokens brought back in the next tier if it doesn't work out well.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    its extreamly unlikley it will drop peices no one has... so if you have dks, mages and druids it will choose one of those, but if you have none then it will be random...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its extreamly unlikley it will drop peices no one has... so if you have dks, mages and druids it will choose one of those, but if you have none then it will be random...
    So if the 2 druids in the raid already have the specific tier piece, the guild should bench them to avoid useless set drop. Sounds amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone can find the VOD, I 'll post it in the OP. I am P sure Chaud will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    So if the 2 druids in the raid already have the specific tier piece, the guild should bench them to avoid useless set drop. Sounds amazing.
    still the same with personal loot

and yes this has allways been a thing, if you had fully geared people, and had people who wernt geared you would bring them in for the chance of gear, for example, in wrath all our people who could use deathbringers will had it, so some of our guys would sit out, just to let somone come in and get another one for somone

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    still the same with personal loot
    no real guild will ever use personal loot -_-

this seems extremly fucked up change :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    lots of guilds use it cause like... no loot drama ever! "well its personal loot, no ones fault bro"

just like how NO ONE pet battles or NO ONE likes lfr
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-19 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    this is beyond retard even for blizzard standard, i can't believe sane human beings thought of this change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Right. Thats like the the most ignorant thing i've heard today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Right. Thats like the the most ignorant thing i've heard today.
    he's right tho, only scrubs use personal in progression.

Really bad change. Like 3 steps backwards with the whole loot system, on top of all the new RNG.

Bring atleast one of every class. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they are going back to this way. I guess they figured with no weapon drops of any kind, they need to make up for the loot drop somehow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    he's right tho, only scrubs use personal in progression.
    Cleared mythic within 3 months.

We are planning on doing personal loot.

I'm sure thats very casual for someone like you in Method. But i can assure you we are well above 50%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Bring atleast one of every class. Problem solved.
    drop 4-5 clases entirely, use personal loot. trade. problem even more solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Cleared mythic within 3 months.

We are planning on doing personal loot.

I'm sure thats very casual for someone like you in Method. But i can assure you we are well above 50%
    You've never used it before this retard change, my point still stands, also I don't believe you anyway.

There are 6 slots now for tier which helps. It's interesting because the token system did encourage arbitrarily required setups. Eg, can't run a 10m raid with priests, DH, pallies and locks because for some reason they are all on Conq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The reason for this seem to be that you don't know if a piece is gonna be warforged/socket before you use the token. Why not just have the warforged/socket bonus show up on the token itself?

This is another perfect example of Blizzard inconstancy and lazyness over the years. Tokens came into the game to solve some problems about loots (mainly : loots waste).
    The motivation behind this change seems to be : "Like this people will know if it a war/titan-forged piece".

To that, i would simply ask : why not make the application (of war/titan-forged) on the token instead of the loot ? Yeah, it ask some programmation works but at least, half of them won't be put on garbage right away.

Is blizzard too lazy about it? If the hidden goal is to priorize personnal loot over master loot, just remove master loot from the game and that's it. People will complain no matter what but this way, you're less hypocritical.

They are going to implement this change and people will heavily complain about the SAME problem than during classic. Then, they will re implement token 1 tier further with the war/titan-forged on the token.

Just put your programmers at work and spare us month of rage/complain, thx you very much.