Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Wow. It's been THAT long?

Well, at least the broke the fasting with a damn fine meal.
    Not really since it's just recycled content.

Granted I'm sure it'll be fun and all, but nope not a "damn fine meal"

I commented on this back in January. It's pretty weird that most people haven't seen this pattern.

It is pretty obvious that new dungeons pretty much equals smaller raids. In TBC there was 1 new dungeon, along with a 5 boss raid. WotLK launched with only 2 new bosses (Sarth and Malygos) along with scaled up old raid. Then we got the amazing raid that was Ulduar. After that we got 1 new dungeon that takes place in a single arena, along with a 5 boss raid that takes place in that exact same arena plus an extra room for the final boss. We then got 3 new dungeons and a large raid. But the only reason we were able to get those new dungeons was because they put very little resources into ToC and the first tier with Naxx.

Now moving on to Cata. It launches with 3 raids with a total of 13 bosses. After that we get a rehashed ZA and a completely remade ZG in 4.1. In 4.2, we get a 7 boss raid. And then to finish it off, we get 3 new dungeons with an 8 boss raid.

Now lets look at MoP and WoD. No new dungeons throughout both expansions, but all raids had 12+ bosses.

TBC

Raid Bosses: 41
    New Dungeon Bosses: 4

Total Bosses: 45

Wrath

Raid Bosses: 34 (excluding Naxx)
    New Dungeon Bosses: 11

Cata

Raid Bosses: 28
    New Dungeon Bosses: 17 (excluding ZA)

MoP

Raid Bosses: 43

Total Bosses: 43

WoD

Raid Bosses: 30

Total Bosses: 30
    The only difference is WoD, where they were attempting to go for a 1 year xpac (obviously failing miserably). But in terms of bosses per tier, it stays consistent.

After Cata, which had 1 tier with 7 bosses and another with 8, people were demanding that Blizzard make bigger tiers. So they did. But that came at the cost of post launch dungeons. It made sense. People wanted larger raids and dungeons (pre-Mythic+) became obsolete much quicker than raids. It was a logical design decision.

Because WoD used so little resources and Mythic+ is now a thing, they can put more work into dungeons in Legion without taking away from raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not really since it's just recycled content.

Granted I'm sure it'll be fun and all, but nope not a "damn fine meal"
    Highly disagree, Karazhan was my favorite raid. Damn still is! So visiting it again it's simply amazing for me. Also we do not know how much of it will be recycled. If they just use the same place, but there is a new story tied to it, it's new content for me. So it is a damn fine meal for me!

Ofc, that is just me.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    i remember the color because i'm not dumb enough to get pitchforked aka to continue subbing for a game that has little innovative contents. Karazhan 7.1 is a huge question mark mainly due to history repeating itself with the ZA/ZG dungeon remake.
    And yet here you are, debating and starting arguments with random strangers over a game you don't even play anymore.

Now, who is the pathetic one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    And yet, the dungeon they will give us is just rehashed content. Making it a nine boss gindfest is a huge mistake. Huge. Blizzard can't do a single thing right anymore.
    Then...........quit and stop bitching about it here?

It also will kinda-sorta mark the 10 year anniversary of Karazhan as a form of instance within the game (assuming 7.1 is around January-Februrary).

People forget all the bitching and complaining there was about the ICC 5-mans and Ruby Sanctum and how many players really disliked mini fill-in content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Wait, you wiped in ZG and ZA in cata? Repeatedly enough so you remember? Holy shit, I have no words..
    Apparently you ran them once with your overgeared raiding buddies and went back to raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    People forget all the bitching and complaining there was about the ICC 5-mans and Ruby Sanctum and how many players really disliked mini fill-in content.
    This.

I actually understand what Watcher said in the interview. The ICC 5 mans and the ones before and after didnt only add 5 mans, they basicly took away all the other 5 mans making people run the same 2-3 5 mans the rest of the expansion.

Without a fix for that problem until now i get why they havent made new 5 mans.

Seems to me like they put a lot of thought and effort into this

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    It is pathetic and laziness from blizz not giving us more dungeons than what we have from lauch of an expansion, took em 2 fucking expansions to realize that
    Again though; It wasn't laziness, it was a design choice. Yes, I agree it should've been something they realised a lot sooner, but it wasn't as if they couldn't be bothered, they clearly believed they were on the right path.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think It'll be a good idea if these 'mega dungeons' could wrap up older story lines too. And they wouldn't take as much development as a full raid. Maybe we could see the Abyssal Maw raid though this format.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I think It'll be a good idea if these 'mega dungeons' could wrap up older story lines too. And they wouldn't take as much development as a full raid. Maybe we could see the Abyssal Maw raid though this format.
    Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Ever since they just cut that off I've been asking for SOMETHING to come up regarding what went on after Neptulon got yoinked. They made him seem so small and insignificant compared to the rest of the elemental lords.