Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She was made warchief so people will finally learn her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    How about Lor'themar...?
    he does not even want to be the leader of the blood elves. what makes you think he would want to be the leader of the horde? he is the reluctant leader/hero archetype.

So... Sylvanas was with the horde way longer than any of the other choices (as one of the race leader).

Lor Themar only proved useful in MoP.

Gallywix is basically useless.

Baine... I really don't see a Tauren be a warchief tbh. Dunno why. Tho if Cairne was still alive....

Saurfang : no. We all know orcs are bad leaders.

No trolls to rule anymore.

Sylvanas has like the most experience, she has the best army. She cannot die (yet), she can raise the fallen and most importantly : she's been trying to keep her people alive for like forever. Now she'll use all her ressources (and she has some pretty darn good ones) to protect the horde.

Sounds like the perfect fit to me.

Would you really trust the Blood Elves with leadership ? The ones that always fall down to their primitive instincts (aka mana mana, arcanic power) ?
    or the orcs that either let them people down to follow the path of Jesus or the ones that keep getting corrupted easily ?
    or the goblins... that will sell you if they can ?

Homophobia is so gay.

The impression I get from that scene is that Voljin didnt trust her until the Broken Shore where she proved both that she is loyal to the horde and their most capable leader.

Deleted
    How about Lor'themar...?
    Lorthemar wantend to join the alliance in mop

No fcking way this alliance fanboy can ever become warchief

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The impression I get from that scene is that Voljin didnt trust her until the Broken Shore where she proved both that she is loyal to the horde and their most capable leader.
    That was my impression too.
    And being leader will force Sylvanas into a more open role and less shady stuff.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Can someone explain the reasoning behind the choice behind voljins snap choice to make her warcheif anyways?
    Who else could it have been? Baine is a fledgling newb, Goblin leader Gizzlewyx (or w/e his name is) is a corrupt businessman only worried about his profits, BELF leader is useless in every way. He hasn't done anything ever since he was introduced 3 expansions ago, so much so that I still don't even know his name. Thrall is a shell of his former self and will forever be a faction neutral characters now.

Only one with the balls big enough and the ass bad enough to lead is Sylvannas.

I guess Saurfang was the only other valid option, but he was never a faction leader to begin with, would have been odd if he was promoted twice to faction leader and warchief all in one go out of nowhere. Would be like skipping the Vice President and going to Secretary of State as the new president.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-08-20 at 04:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Lorthemar wantend to join the alliance in mop

No fcking way this alliance fanboy can ever become warchief
    when was it?
    was it on alliance side? can't remember that on horde side or I didn't play trough that questline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    when was it?
    was it on alliance side? can't remember that on horde side or I didn't play trough that questline
    on horde side when Garosh ordered to steal the divine bell and Jaina went all nuts with the purging of Dalaran, Lorthemar is pissed because the agreement with Varian, on joining the alliance, he was working on fell to pieces

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    when was it?
    Essentially Garosh had gone full Garithos and Lor'themar had enough. He did what any leader of their people would do in that situation and seek other alliances. Since there is only two major factions the logical choice was Alliance. It's not being a fanboy of the Alliance. It's about making sure his people are no longer being used as cannon fodder for Garrosh's petty ego. Going neutral was not an option since leaving the horde without an allied side with you would have had his people outright slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm convinced those "spirits" Vol'jin was listening to were actually whispers from Varimathras.
    im convinced genn and jaina is dreadlords, see how silly botch things are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

in case of questlines, in what area did that start? wanna play/see that

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Essentially Garosh had gone full Garithos and Lor'themar had enough. He did what any leader of their people would do in that situation and seek other alliances. Since there is only two major factions the logical choice was Alliance. It's not being a fanboy of the Alliance. It's about making sure his people are no longer being used as cannon fodder for Garrosh's petty ego. Going neutral was not an option since leaving the horde without an allied side with you would have had his people outright slaughtered.
    well that makes sense, before your comment I read it as lor'themar wanted to betray the horde or wanted to be an highelve again

The horde have no other option. No one else in the horde comes close to Sylvanas. And don't say Saurfang. He's old as fuck already.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by remoraid View Post
    I created an account to quote Vol'jin himself:

"Some will not understand"

And I think that's all the reason we're gonna get for now. But I agree with Crysthalica to a T.
    "Many will not understand"

Why is Syvanis warchief? :fanservice

How about Lor'themar...?
    I.e. Sylvanas' subordinate until just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Someone on reddit put forward a theory that Vol'jin made her warchief because he doesn't trust her. If Sylvanas is warchief, she can no longer do shady stuff behind the scenes, because now everyone has their eyes on her.
    Didn't prevent Garrosh from constructing a whole hidden base just under Ogrimmar (still not sure why Vol'jin created a link between that action of Garrosh specifically and lust for power tbh). And Sylvanas still rules from UC.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-21 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    "Many will not understand"
    "MMO Champion will not understand"

Some of the explanations people try to list for Sylvanas being the only choice is so horrible.

I would vote Lor'Themar a thousand times over, and no, I'm not a blood elf fan in any way. Lor'Themar is smart, I'm 100% sure he would start a Horde council of all leaders to lead with him. He knows the Warchief system is not working all too well with "one leading everything."

Either him, or Baine would be the best, because both would actually seek a proper way to work with the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has the most experience with battle tactics as well as she was around the last time the legion invaded. she is the most logical choice currently. We also don't see Voljin's corpse so who is to say that this isn't a cover of sorts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    It could just be the deceiver. Don't know what reason kil'jaeden would have to put the most capable military commander in charge, but seems like something a warcraft villain would do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    She proved great capability to retreat and shove it to her allies in the broken shore. Great commander indeed.

She lost against Arthas to begin with... so, yeah... great commander you got there. Be careful she doesn't turn on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmage View Post
    Why is Syvanis warchief? :fanservice
    Lets be honest, this is the real reason.