Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Oh, we are talking about the risks of drugs and alcohol now? here is my take.

I have no issue with weed smokers, but the lies they spew annoy me. Dude, Smoking is bad for you. Weed is not 100% safe. Sure, it won't cause cancer, but inhaling burning smoke of anything is not gonna make you healthier. Sure it is comparable to cigs and drinking and yes they are legal, but pointing to to other bad things doesn't make something good. That is how we end up with trump vs Hillary, and no one likes that shit.

And cigs didn't start off as carcinogenic poison. It is plant too. Tobacco grows from the ground just like weed. Everything you say about weed can be said for tobacco. There is one difference. Companies got their hands on the market. You think native Americans gave a fuck about additives and trying to make it as addictive as possible? No.

The bad thing is that Weed will follow the same path. Don't kid yourself. Yes it is "safer" now, but what do you think will happen once it is 100% legal and Phillip Morris starts making it? You think they are not gonna take all that cigarette making mojo and put it into their weed?

Anyways, my point is this. Own your shit weed smokers.

-You know there is still a negative stigma
    -Common sense says that inhaling burning material is bad for you.
    -Operating a vehicle or any motor equipment under influence is fucking reckless and makes you an asshole.
    -You are not better than drinkers or cig smokers.
    -You know if your company is drug friendly or not.

Just be adults man. I have a friend who you would think is the most straight laced dude ever. Nerdy, was an officer in the Army, a stickler for rules. Dude is actively working with an organization to legalize weed across the nation. Those marches on washington and meetings with congressmen? He does that. He has Facebook posts where he is shaking the hand of government officials after a discussion on marijuana laws. Dude is the real deal. And when people who use do dumb shit like drive under the influence, or get fired for using drugs, it only gives the opposition ammunition.

So OP. Be smart man. Smoking and driving is just as bad as drinking and driving to me. And I had a roommate who smoked and drove because campus was catching on to him smoking in the room. I never snitched and even smoked with him a couple times. he just smoked so much it was getting in the halls (3 joints a day minimum. He was a dealer) He even admitted he was an asshole for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    hey dont be that guy that smokes 20+ joints a day, and after some time converts to islam and marry an egypt women with already 5 kids, making one more per year. Had a friend do this, now he is at 9 kids and a hardcore salafistic islam guy that cant get a job, because he states he has to pray 5 times a day and his religion doesnt allow him to work at prayertimes.

smoking weed too much fucks your brain pretty hardcore.
    The fuck does religion have to do with this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    To start a war. It's working splendidly.

But in all seriousness, this thread isn't helpful anymore and it's bringing all the Trump supporters out from under their rocks, so I won't be reading comments from here on out. Thank you for all who replied with helpful answers....and the rest of you....seek therapy. :]
    I support trump over Hillary. You Partisan peeps need to stop this.

(For the record, i hate them both., Just like Trump over Hillary)

I've always heard weed smokers say how unfair it is that weed stays in your system for months on end while heroin, alcohol are gone within a few days.

Saliva test though? Employers use urine tests around here.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    No cause I don't smoke regularly.

At my last job we had drug tests at "random". Usually after a vacation. So you know what I did? I only smoked the first couple days, and then steered clear after. The rest of teh time, I did not smoke cause that would get me in trouble.

The way you word that response makes it seem like you got into an accident. Dude, you did drugs. I don't think some substances like weed should be illegal, but at your job it seems like whatever you smoked was and you knew it. So that is on you man.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I was giving it to you straight. When someone asks "will I pass my drug test?" usually they do not. And I have many friends who do many drugs. I have heard it all. Flushing your system, diluting urine, all that.
    Very weird that they can even test you at random...
    If you have a high risk job maybe... Or suspicion of being stoned on the job...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

This thread shows why drug tests shouldn't be warned about... ever.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Very weird that they can even test you at random...
    If you have a high risk job maybe... Or suspicion of being stoned on the job...
    High risk job. Guns and shit.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking it won't be too big of a deal, since even if I do fail, it'll be by such a small amount. My friend works there and a coworker said they are lenient with weed on the drug tests.
    depends on the potency of the tests, also if and when u did it last.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the GI Joes and Turtles tell you not to do drugs?!

So I took a SALIVA drug test (kept a piece of cotton in my mouth for a couple minutes). I was sober for about a week, and then I started smoking again for about 10 days. In those 10 days I smoked daily, but LESS THAN 1 gram collectively. I smoked 36 hours prior to the test. In those 36 hours, I brushed my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, etc vigorously followed by a 2-3min mouthwash every morning, mid-day, and night. I also chewed a bunch of gum, drank plenty of water, and I'm only 125lbs with a very high metabolism. The tests are getting sent to a lab, so it's not the immediate on-site test.

I've read that THC is only detectable up from 1-12, 1-24, and 1-48 hours. But then I've read horror stories where it can be up to 72+ hours. If anyone has been in a similar situation as me (casual/light, but daily smoker), any serious answers or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Any serious answers won't change the test results. Just tell them your mouth repeatedly fell on a stick of pot......daily.

- - - Updated - - -

I was only aware of the test 36 hours prior, hence why I didn't smoke for 36 hours. It doesn't sound like you've been in this situation or very knowledgeable about it.
    If they gave you 36 hours notice, those hours would make no difference. It's like telling you the pop quiz is on Friday. It seems every pot head is too high to think about this. Every pot head frets about drug tests but none make the effort to quit, even when they can lose their job; yet they all say they can quit anytime they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I took a SALIVA drug test (kept a piece of cotton in my mouth for a couple minutes). I was sober for about a week, and then I started smoking again for about 10 days. In those 10 days I smoked daily, but LESS THAN 1 gram collectively. I smoked 36 hours prior to the test. In those 36 hours, I brushed my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, etc vigorously followed by a 2-3min mouthwash every morning, mid-day, and night. I also chewed a bunch of gum, drank plenty of water, and I'm only 125lbs with a very high metabolism. The tests are getting sent to a lab, so it's not the immediate on-site test.

I've read that THC is only detectable up from 1-12, 1-24, and 1-48 hours. But then I've read horror stories where it can be up to 72+ hours. If anyone has been in a similar situation as me (casual/light, but daily smoker), any serious answers or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    The way you pass a drug test is to not do drugs and stop being a pothead. People who are always looking for ways to do things that they arent supposed to be doing and get away with it piss me off! And it isnt just crack hos and pot heads. Its pirates, people who use VPNs to circumvent geofencing, people who use hacked directv cards to avoid paying for cable, people who use apps like Ways to avoid getting traffic citations, people who lie about their household income to get welfare benefits (hiding live in boyfriends/girlfriends so their income doesnt count against them), etc...
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-08-22 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    get serious about quitting if you want to have a job bro.
    ^this.

...and to add..."If you want to keep that job..."

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The way you pass a drug test is to not do drugs and stop being a pothead. People who are always looking for ways to do things that they arent supposed to be doing and get away with it piss me off!
    Yes because the government and corporations always know what is best for us. Yay conformity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Yes because the government and corporations always know what is best for us. Yay conformity!
    You dont like the law, then work to have it changed by running for office or campaigning for someone else, otherwise you can go to jail and rot for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    If you don't want to work for either...well, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You dont like the law, then work to have it changed by running for office or campaigning for someone else, otherwise you can go to jail and rot for all I care
    You act like the situation is black and white; newsflash, you can be actively working to engender change while still breaking the law. People treat themselves with cannabis for pain relief from cancer for instance, these are the same people who march and protest and vote.

You seem to be under the impression that because something is illegal it is also wrong. This is a false correlation; that's why laws get changed.

Get off your high (sorry, sober) horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you don't want to work for either...well, good luck with that.
    I don't want to work for either. I work in order to obtain currency to spend on leisure activities that I actually do enjoy. If I could stop working and have enough money to support myself, I would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I hope not, and I hope this teaches you a lesson.
    They will never learn something from that. I know those guys, beside that they are mostly...less intelligent

you all need to go watch weediquette
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If I want to "watch" anything I can simply go back to my old ghetto neighborhood..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    THC can be detected in your system for up to a year, ( hair follicle test for example does a good job at detecting any THC in a person long after consumption or even contact)

Saliva tests can provide false positives and are far more inaccurate but do their job. I'd assume your not passing the test but saliva tests are weak and have problems so you may be fine.

As for all these people throwing around insults and being condescending to those who use for medical or recreational use, Just shut up. Hating/ridiculing something due to propaganda without any proper research is why this world is in it's current state.

Ignorance nowadays is maddening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Safe bet is always a week prior to saliva tests but it varies by person. You might be SOL, OP. Lets just say your chances are higher than say a piss/hair test.