15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    On character load in, so every time you restart your game.
    ahh thats nice.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Started doing some early HR online and had the first bad experience, doing round robin where everyones taking turns and get a guy who, no surprise sadly, was going "je suis un monte" and "pardone, pardone" every hunt kept trying to push everyone in low rank gear to do the highest possible rank version of things like deviljho in lr gear with lr weapons and refusing to take turns and keeps desperately looking for carries before calling everyone "fa-gg-ets" and leaving after triple carting on HR4 Aruzos -_-

Someones gotta keep the stereotype alive i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Started doing some early HR online and had the first bad experience, doing round robin where everyones taking turns and get a guy who, no surprise sadly, was going "je suis un monte" and "pardone, pardone" every hunt kept trying to push everyone in low rank gear to do the highest possible rank version of things like deviljho in lr gear with lr weapons and refusing to take turns and keeps desperately looking for carries before calling everyone "fa-gg-ets" and leaving after triple carting on HR4 Aruzos -_-

Someones gotta keep the stereotype alive i guess.
    Wait azuros can actually kill you I never knew.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I'll tell you something that can kill you, a goddamn Bullfango tackling you from off screen into a plesioth hip check!

At LR every map having multiple tackling small monsters is annoying, at HR its genuinely infuriating at times. It feels like a DS2 style "different team thinks throw more mobs at a problem makes it a challenge' style design flaw.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you something that can kill you, a goddamn Bullfango tackling you from off screen into a plesioth hip check!

At LR every map having multiple tackling small monsters is annoying, at HR its genuinely infuriating at times. It feels like a DS2 style "different team thinks throw more mobs at a problem makes it a challenge' style design flaw.
    This is the reason I commit bullfango genocide in any hunt where they could be a problem before going after the target monster.

- - - Updated - - -

found a great palicoe last night was able to get emergency retreat piercing boomerangs big boomerangs earplugs Crit Up L and boomerang pro on it.

I finally finished my set (mostly) the other night. I *wanted* a sharpness charm with at least 6 total (including slots with razor sharp jewel) so I could have razor sharp but ended up opting for evasion +2. Also didn't get max level DreadQueen dual blades but...yeah it was enough to completely rock Kushla Daora in about 10 minutes so that was fun. Then I went to give the advanced quest to take out five monsters and by the Yian Garuga (second) I got crushed because I'm so used to adept bow. Pretty fun though.

I also need to get myself one of those (near)perfect palicos so I can have my prowler but no luck yet.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I tried to futs around with adept bow for the first time today and I'm next level awful at it. Aiming ranged weapons just feels so incredibly awkward in this game. Figured I'd give it a go since the game decided to troll me with not one but two normal up 5 OOO charms for the fancy bow set (and y'know never give me the blademaster charms I'm looking for). Maybe something I'll revisit when I'm bored but don't feel like its for me right now.

And legion launching next weeks really gonna put a damper on my MH time QQ
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Legion's Launch will certainly put a damper on all home game time. I have to wait on my wife to get off work anyway before going home so there'll still be time there (~")~.

My biggest beef with bow (and this'll probably extend to bowguns if I ever try them) is that the little nub while useful, sometimes is finicky enough to make aiming absolutely awful. I've heard of people putting a psp stick on it but I'm not 100% confident in myself to mod my 3DS and will probably just deal with it for now...or continue to transition back to blademaster. Bow is fun, but I certainly miss being right in the thick of it like I was using Guild style with Greatsword while farming Rathians for the Rathian Plate.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

I did the psp stick thing, definitely think its worth it but it is a bit finnicky sometimes. I've had issues where it'll hold a direction down until I restart the gameboy. And I had to mod the stick by squeezing it with a pair of pliers so the mount was a square instead of an oval cause it would rock back and forth which would cause issues. It's definitely not as flawless of a mod as people make it out to be, but its definitely doable and really simple.

In an absolute worst case scenario you just shove the rubber nub back in, it's a really painless process. And I'm a hyper paranoid person when it comes to doing things like that. Btw I had the direction getting stuck initially until I did the square thing and recalibrated it inside the game. After that it was fine for quite a while until it did it again the other day, but hasn't done it since. Also its never happened during play, it either happens at startup or doesn't.

I tried to futs around with adept bow for the first time today and I'm next level awful at it. Aiming ranged weapons just feels so incredibly awkward in this game. Figured I'd give it a go since the game decided to troll me with not one but two normal up 5 OOO charms for the fancy bow set (and y'know never give me the blademaster charms I'm looking for). Maybe something I'll revisit when I'm bored but don't feel like its for me right now.

And legion launching next weeks really gonna put a damper on my MH time QQ
    In 4U they changed the default aim setting so that you charge with R and aim with X. This is "Type 2". In Generations, you can change this in the start menu -> page 2/2 -> options -> page 2/3 -> Bow controls. Type 1 is what I've always used, which is X to charge and R to aim. I'm not sure what Generations has as the default, though. Tips for aiming below.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Legion's Launch will certainly put a damper on all home game time. I have to wait on my wife to get off work anyway before going home so there'll still be time there (~")~.

My biggest beef with bow (and this'll probably extend to bowguns if I ever try them) is that the little nub while useful, sometimes is finicky enough to make aiming absolutely awful. I've heard of people putting a psp stick on it but I'm not 100% confident in myself to mod my 3DS and will probably just deal with it for now...or continue to transition back to blademaster. Bow is fun, but I certainly miss being right in the thick of it like I was using Guild style with Greatsword while farming Rathians for the Rathian Plate.
    Might I suggest using the left d-pad to aim when charging/firing? If you're trying to aim while moving, you're going to have a hard time. Generally, you only want to aim when you're trying to break a specific part or hit a weak point that is not at head level. It really helps if you're stationary for this and since you'll be still for a sec to aim, you might as well use the left d-pad to lessen the strain on your right hand. For the rest of the time, you should be firing without aiming and staying on the move while charging. It shouldn't take long to get a feel for where your arrows will land while blind firing.

@Zaithor It's type 2 by default. Its just gonna take getting used to, aiming with your facing feels kind of awkward which is odd cause that's exactly what you do with blademaster weps. Maybe its the depth perception since its ranged?

It works swell for moving and aiming I'm just not used to it.

@<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=784632" target="_blank">Zaithor</a> It's type 2 by default. Its just gonna take getting used to, aiming with your facing feels kind of awkward which is odd cause that's exactly what you do with blademaster weps. Maybe its the depth perception since its ranged?

It works swell for moving and aiming I'm just not used to it.
    Are you actually aiming with X? because thats really only for the rare moments you are above the monster being distracted by others or when its trapped. Otherwise just hold R and shoot when charged with A to folow up with a power shot.

Best way to get used to it is something like Khezu or Zinogre with easy tells and mostly frontal attacks. Try spinning around as you charge so you can get used to turning then letting fly with an arrow.

GH's old 4U video for power type shows the bow gameplay basics best. Its very different to the guns.

Bow drastically changes how you fight in a hunt but its got a lot of little depths that mean you keep finding new things to do.
    e.g:
    -If you can get a +10 blast charm that means any bow can use blast coatings as well as having an element like dragon or water which is inane for part breaking
    -If you leap off a ledge in adept style, not sure about the others, you dont need to melee with an arrow using A but you can fire an arrow with R for more damage and longer range and still topple and mount the monster
    -You can hold R and immediately press A you can fire the power shot without the first shot which gives you time to pull and adept dodge because if you do the shot into power shot there is a brief second where you can't dodge which means you eat shit against enraged monsters.
    -As adept your back step is replaced by a roll forwards with i frames so close range coatings are pretty valuable compared to other styles

theres a long list of things that makes adept bow a really deep playstyle that i enjoy a lot, but the ingame tutorials never really explain it.

Are you actually aiming with X? because thats really only for the rare moments you are above the monster being distracted by others or when its trapped. Otherwise just hold R and shoot when charged with A to folow up with a power shot.
    Personally I wasn't doing it a ton with what little I played it, just aiming with your facing was awkward to me though. I decided to do some of the low rank quests that I never did for completionism while practicing and fought some smaller monsters (like great maccao) and there'd be times I'd totally whiff the thing because I'd face it and that would happen to be just slightly to the right of it.

Though I do notice people aim with X quite a bit in a lot of these videos to make sure they're hitting the head. I mean that gaijinhunter video is more aiming then it isn't.

-You can hold R and immediately press A you can fire the power shot without the first shot which gives you time to pull and adept dodge because if you do the shot into power shot there is a brief second where you can't dodge which means you eat shit against enraged monsters.
    Do people do this much? I did it by accident in one of the hunts but I don't think I ever see people doing it in videos.

I already got those charms I mentioned so I'm just using that cookie cutter build you may have seen around with the teostra bow and a focus, normal / true / load up, ammo saver set.

Aim or straight is situtional but if you are not solo theres usually someone else on head/tail duty so you end up on wings/legs/back which rarely requires aiming. Though aiming is useful in other ways, like how you can activate triple shot in X mode and you can re-aim the second and third shots at others.

I'm a scumbag who hasn't farmed for any good armor yet. I'm rocking maxed Teostra bow and the durambros gunner set with stam recovery via decorations and charms. So I have partbreaker, focus, and stam recov right now. Its not awful, bit I need to probably migrate to something else in the future. That of course relying on me not going back to blademaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got online with a random streamer I was watching last night and did a whole bunch of silver narga fights and I gotta say the silverwind set looks pretty nice especially when you get it to +6 and get the silverwind skill active Evade distance up evasion+2 crit eye+3 and crit boost seems pretty decent (and the set looks awesome)

Yeah its pretty good as long as you aren't using adept. I'm making one for a raw dmg DB set just for funsies that probably won't see much use just picking up the CE3 and crit boost while squeezing in razorsharp. I've wanted to use the narga set since I started in 4u but its just never been a set that worked well with DB's since its always been an evasion set and they never seem to want to make evasion a useful skill for db's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its pretty good as long as you aren't using adept. I'm making one for a raw dmg DB set just for funsies that probably won't see much use just picking up the CE3 and crit boost while squeezing in razorsharp. I've wanted to use the narga set since I started in 4u but its just never been a set that worked well with DB's since its always been an evasion set and they never seem to want to make evasion a useful skill for db's.
    I switch between striker and aerial so it should hold out pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I switch between striker and aerial so it should hold out pretty good for me.
    I hear its pretty darned good for some weapons, evasion still wouldn't really do anything for striker DB. Not sure if it interacts with the aerial evade or nah.

I see people using that set a lot with swax cause that works out well and the evade extender is really helpful.

W/ evasion +2 I'm not sure if its actually working w/ my aerial DB set (which means back to farming for a sharpness charm!). Of course I could just be really bad at evading w/ the aerial dodge, but I haven't noticed it like I did in 4U. That said, I still use Bow for all my harder non Kushla Daora hunts.

Low ranks complete on hunter's hub now to clean out the high ranks 4 and 5 since those're the annoying ones. I've also got 50% of all the awards now huzzah!