Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not everything. Class design was changed for the worse. Aside from that though, it looks great.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The revamped karazhan for Legion will mythic only at launch of 7.1 and have many more bosses than the average dungeon. The Deva described it as being "like a 5 man raid".
    "Like a 5m raid" is not the same as an actual 5m raid. What they meant, is basically, that it's a huge dungeon, like a raid usually is.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Not everything. Class design was changed for the worse. Aside from that though, it looks great.
    I think the class design is fine for the most part. There's just a good chunk that relies on having your artifact.

15+ Year Old Account
    By a milestone. I see they have put many work in Legion.

Also the theme is beter for both factions. Once common enemy.

I think alot of people will like this beter.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

like a gif say...everything

For starters Legion's Pre-launch event is miles ahead of WoD'S poor excuse of a pre-launch event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    So why legion will do better than wod?
    it will have decent dungeon and world content on launch worth doin

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If you break down what made WoD such a lackluster expansion, and compare to Legion, you see that this time around, players won't be content starved in 2 weeks because this time, things outside of raids are rewarding and compelling to do for progress, and they require effort and time to do, which makes it feel like you actually accomplished something.

MoP feedback destroyed WoD. We had megathreads seemingly every other day on the official forums, mostly by the same 200-500 people, complaining about things feeling "mandatory" or "a dull chore". So they removed that. The things that gave the game longevity in the long run.

They neutered professions to a joke that was easy to cap and then you skilled up just by logging in every day to buy a recipe every 5 days. All mats was tradeable on the AH.
    We got no dailies, and thus we didn't get factions worth repping up for. They just rewarded cosmetic junk. Maybe it was MoPs heavy focus on making raiding as accessible as possible that led both Blizzard and us to believe that as long as raiding is open for all, we'll have enough to keep us occupied.

They removed Valor because capping that every week was "yet another chore" so we had no vendors that sold raid-level loot because the only currency, Apexis, was uncapped which made acquisition slow as hell, and the rewards lackluster. My only concern so far with Legion is that there's still no Valor vendor because "calculated loot is boring", maybe, but it's something you look foward to. And something to do on alts.
    5mans lost all their longevity without Valor, so they became irrelevant the moment you got above 635 which took at most 12 hours.
    With Mythic+ and the alternative gearing route, 5mans will remain relevant.

Garrisons didn't take long to "cap" either, so by then gameplay for most non-raiders (majority still doesn't raid on a schedule and never will) became Garrison tables and queues. Class Halls do things a lot differently.
    Mobs drop absolutely fuck-all. Mining nodes etc are barely relevant as the AH is so oversatured with mats thanks to Garrisons you gain abysmal amount of money farming. With BoP mats, gathering mats instead of just running to the AH and getting everything you need in 30 seconds makes professions feel like something you master over time.

LFR not dropping tier or decent trinkets made it irrelevant even to semi-active casuals very quickly. Only staying-power it had was the legendary ring questline. Not so sure about trinkets yet in Legion LFR, but the return of Tier will make it a lot better for most players. And by now we should know better than to care whether hardcore raiders feel forced to run them or not.

Sadly, I think the Legion invasion has more replayability and incentive for players, than much of WoDs non-raid content... embarrassing.

Legion shows that they've learned their lesson I think. Nearly half of subs were lost in this apathetic raid-or-die expansion, they know whom to listen to, I hope. Players in beta WoD showed concerns that players would quickly run out of content, but no one listened. Maybe there was a subconcious culture that WoD was saving us from dailies and chores. So we didn't get the content that fills the gap between raid-nights. Working on professions, earning reputation, capping currencies, etc. Things the game needs to keep us occupied.

It was so disheartening when you felt that feeling, very early in 6.0, as you've run dungeons for a few hours decked in 630+, stood in your garrison, had your 20 or 25 followers, your salvage yard, your treasure-items for decent pre-raid items, had bought 3 cheap BoEs, run Highmaul's disgustingly easy LFR, or normal mode... and said

"Well, now what...?"

So... what Legion does better than WoD considering what we've seen? Well, one thing it does worse than WoD is cater to the 2 hour / week player.
    For the core player, that wants to progress and not just sub for a month following a major content patch then unsub however:
    <everything.gif>
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-08-23 at 08:04 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    For starters Legion's Pre-launch event is miles ahead of WoD'S poor excuse of a pre-launch event.
    WoD had a prelaunch event??

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post

But really yeah, basically everything. The leveling experience is more fun, the story while some parts feel a little out of nowhere do still feel coherent at the end, the world quests are a nice way to keep us coming back every day and not just going to one area a day for a single quest like WoD, they seem to have learned their lesson that they rushed WoD's story too much and didn't add enough content.
    End the thread. This is all that needed to be said in response to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Better question would have been what did wod do better than legion ...
    Class design.

So far they haven't outright lied about flying.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Glad to see people talking for everybody

"derp class design" without any explaination

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Glad to see people talking for everybody

"derp class design" without any explaination
    Go visit say... the paladin class forums, the rogue class forums, the hunter class forums, the mage class forums, etc. Many specs have been butchered into irrecogniseable state. They lost their depth or they became stale and boring to play. Also changes to the talent tree design that now make them more of a cluster than something that offers options.
    Really, this is widely known if you had been following it. So, you haven't even bothered to look and are accusing others of derping. I would say the derping accusation is on the wrong party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Class design.
    Eh I can agree with this in some ways. But it also homoginized too many of them. Classes didn't stand out enough from each other imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Go visit say... the paladin class forums, the rogue class forums, the hunter class forums, the mage class forums, etc. Many specs have been butchered into irrecogniseable state. They lost their depth or they became stale and boring to play. Also changes to the talent tree design that now make them more of a cluster than something that offers options.
    Really, this is widely known if you had been following it. So, you haven't even bothered to look and are accusing others of derping. I would say the derping accusation is on the wrong party.
    Inputting your own thoughts doesn't mean they are the same as everyone else.

As someone who plays rogue I love the way they took the class. Assassination is somewhat derp to me making it more about bleeds rather than poisons but in the end its the dot spec of the class which is what they wanted. Sub is the stealthy assassin and outlaw has the pirate theme built in combat. They didn't change the basic function of any of the specs. They are exactly like they were in wod. They just changed some of the abilities and how they accomplish what they do.

Now for the others, idk. But so far I've played 5 different classes and still say legion classes > wod

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well for me (a casual player now, I don't raid or pvp at a competitive level, I play because I like the game + nostalgia + I enjoy the variety of characters there are to fit my mood of the day)....

1) More coherent story - plus I think the individual class stories are a great touch. As someone with a character of every class, this at least provides a little bit (obviously not a huge impact) of variety when I'm levelling the next thing. If the stories are good, fingers crossed, then the repetition will be less painful as well! Like, back in WotLK I always enjoyed Dragonblight even on my 5th character because I knew that awesome cutscene was coming at the end...

2) Class revamp. Yeah without a doubt, some classes have been butchered. But I've found new toys and joys, although I can completely empathize with those who like focusing on one character...if that's char that's been butchered, you have my condolences

The classes I normally enjoy the most up til Legion - Resto/Enh Shammy, Prot/Fury Warr, Subtlety Rogue and Fire Mage.

Now that I've been just messing around with the new kits these past couple of weeks, I find that I really like - Enh Shamans DAMN YOU LOOK GOOD (and resto is still my fave healing spec!), Shadow Priests wow this surprise hit me the HARDEST, Afflic Warlocks (that tanking is insane...is it supposed to be that nuts?), good ol prot warrior / dont really like Fury anymore , and honorable mentions to Frost DKs which look pretty cool and Fire mages which didn't change really but still are fun.

I'm sorry for my hunter, rogue and paladin brethren out there; in my own opinion at least they're all just...meh to play. I want that Ashbringer artifact but I am so not looking forward to playing ret... and I can't get into monk despite putting 80 levels into it, so I can't comment properly. The one class I haven't really done much on.

3) World quests.. seeing huge crowds doing invasions everyday gives me hope that world quests will bring many people together just for those few minutes, every so often. I know they're pretty different, but I was really amused and happy at seeing flocks of people in the older zones just flying from boss to boss. Everyone has different goals but it's amazing that invasions brought that many people, together, to the zones, ALL the time. Everywhere I went felt so DEAD and now it's so lively it's great!

Deleted
    Some of you are absolutely delusional. One guy even wrote "1000+ world quests vs Taanan dailies" uhm, do you think Diablo 3 had 1000+ quests?

You will get bored of world quests within a week max, they function the same way Taanan dailies did, ie fill up a bar. You go to zones you were just at, killing the same enemies a few hours eariler. And you do this. Every. Single. Day. The only ones i found not as painful where the ones that required me to kill a specific elite, those could be challenging and you werent filling a bar.

The class change is negative, even with your Artifact weapon and lvl 110 you still have less abilities than before. I know you have been sold the "just wait til 110 and artifacts bro, it will all make sense!" but it dosent. The artifact ability is usually a 1 or 2 min cooldown that does dmg or is a aoe of some kind, you will even forget you have it at times.

All you are doing from 100 to 110 is regaining -some- of your former abilities and proficiency in some of your abilities. Aka you are not gaining new power, you are reinstanting old power you used to have. Aka you are grinding daily to be the class, you were in Warlords of Draenor, how sad is that?

The worst thing that Legion does, far worse than WoD, is that it ties you to your Artifact weapon, to such a extent that it dictates your entire playstyle. Garrisons were boring facebook shit, but at least you could ignore it and only really lose some gold on it, which considering how much gold we have, is nothing. Garrisons were bad, but not intrusive. Artifact weapon is a ball and chain around your neck.

I give it just a week before people start seeing some of these things, and a month before it really hits and you see various YouTubers such as Asmongold, Heelvsbabyface, Bellular bitching about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I have misunderstood. I didn't even think about crafted items. ok, no problem
    haha rofld all that conversation :P

- - - Updated - - -

i have a better idea, PLAY ALL SPECS ON THE GAME. like i did, and yes. all awesome but the retribution .
    ppl in forum are dicks, like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Everything.

OK, everything EXCEPT it won't be better at being the worst expansion ever.
    CAT still the worst because it added flying to vanilla zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Every spec is significantly better than every spec in WoD except destro. This is fact, not subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If you break down what made WoD such a lackluster expansion, and compare to Legion, you see that this time around, players won't be content starved in 2 weeks because this time, things outside of raids are rewarding and compelling to do for progress, and they require effort and time to do, which makes it feel like you actually accomplished something.

MoP feedback destroyed WoD. We had megathreads seemingly every other day on the official forums, mostly by the same 200-500 people, complaining about things feeling "mandatory" or "a dull chore". So they removed that. The things that gave the game longevity in the long run.

They neutered professions to a joke that was easy to cap and then you skilled up just by logging in every day to buy a recipe every 5 days. All mats was tradeable on the AH.
    We got no dailies, and thus we didn't get factions worth repping up for. They just rewarded cosmetic junk. Maybe it was MoPs heavy focus on making raiding as accessible as possible that led both Blizzard and us to believe that as long as raiding is open for all, we'll have enough to keep us occupied.

They removed Valor because capping that every week was "yet another chore" so we had no vendors that sold raid-level loot because the only currency, Apexis, was uncapped which made acquisition slow as hell, and the rewards lackluster. My only concern so far with Legion is that there's still no Valor vendor because "calculated loot is boring", maybe, but it's something you look foward to. And something to do on alts.
    5mans lost all their longevity without Valor, so they became irrelevant the moment you got above 635 which took at most 12 hours.
    With Mythic+ and the alternative gearing route, 5mans will remain relevant.

Garrisons didn't take long to "cap" either, so by then gameplay for most non-raiders (majority still doesn't raid on a schedule and never will) became Garrison tables and queues. Class Halls do things a lot differently.
    Mobs drop absolutely fuck-all. Mining nodes etc are barely relevant as the AH is so oversatured with mats thanks to Garrisons you gain abysmal amount of money farming. With BoP mats, gathering mats instead of just running to the AH and getting everything you need in 30 seconds makes professions feel like something you master over time.

LFR not dropping tier or decent trinkets made it irrelevant even to semi-active casuals very quickly. Only staying-power it had was the legendary ring questline. Not so sure about trinkets yet in Legion LFR, but the return of Tier will make it a lot better for most players. And by now we should know better than to care whether hardcore raiders feel forced to run them or not.

Sadly, I think the Legion invasion has more replayability and incentive for players, than much of WoDs non-raid content... embarrassing.

Legion shows that they've learned their lesson I think. Nearly half of subs were lost in this apathetic raid-or-die expansion, they know whom to listen to, I hope. Players in beta WoD showed concerns that players would quickly run out of content, but no one listened. Maybe there was a subconcious culture that WoD was saving us from dailies and chores. So we didn't get the content that fills the gap between raid-nights. Working on professions, earning reputation, capping currencies, etc. Things the game needs to keep us occupied.

It was so disheartening when you felt that feeling, very early in 6.0, as you've run dungeons for a few hours decked in 630+, stood in your garrison, had your 20 or 25 followers, your salvage yard, your treasure-items for decent pre-raid items, had bought 3 cheap BoEs, run Highmaul's disgustingly easy LFR, or normal mode... and said

"Well, now what...?"

So... what Legion does better than WoD considering what we've seen? Well, one thing it does worse than WoD is cater to the 2 hour / week player.
    For the core player, that wants to progress and not just sub for a month following a major content patch then unsub however:
    <everything.gif>
    Fantastic post! The "this is mandatory and I hate it" player base really killed WoW for an entire expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, they're all wrong. Every spec not destro is a MASSIVE upgrade in playstyle, theme, depth, cool factor and fun.

Talents are also MASSIVELY better for most specs, WOD might as well not even had talents as you never changed them unless you pvped. Did you even play WoD and have you played 7.0? Or are you basing your opinion on the forums(lol)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post

Every spec is significantly better than every spec in WoD except destro. This is fact, not subjective.
    What is fact is you don't know what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Eh I can agree with this in some ways. But it also homoginized too many of them. Classes didn't stand out enough from each other imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Inputting your own thoughts doesn't mean they are the same as everyone else.

As someone who plays rogue I love the way they took the class. Assassination is somewhat derp to me making it more about bleeds rather than poisons but in the end its the dot spec of the class which is what they wanted. Sub is the stealthy assassin and outlaw has the pirate theme built in combat. They didn't change the basic function of any of the specs. They are exactly like they were in wod. They just changed some of the abilities and how they accomplish what they do.

Now for the others, idk. But so far I've played 5 different classes and still say legion classes > wod
    Bla bla, you missed the point. He was complaining people weren't justifying why they say class design is poor in legion. I justified. If you disagree, its your deal. Many people don't.