Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Because different people. Also cops arent allowed guns in U.K and still different places. But if you wanna be small Im sure as hell certain there are places in the U.S where less than 100 bullets are used by cops. Remember Either use the entire Thing or none of it you can't cheery pick.
    Germany has 1/4 the population of the US. I´m sure you can devide by 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    When he loses his job for being delusional at the latest.
    You cannot go around shooting people because you fear a marsian invasion force,e ven if you are a cop, you need to have a legitimate reason to assume you are in danger.
    Yeah, someone who was fleeing from you that has now stopped and is coming towards you... What the fuck do you think that is?

You mention absurd hyperbole bullshit about imagined threats... Did you even read the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can blame the police in this scenario tbh. The guy broke the law at least two different ways - its not like a cop pulled some one over and blew them away before even speaking to them. He refused to pull over -> He left his vehicle with out an okay from the officer -> he became combative. I suspect he also did something to warrant being pulled over in the first place.

None of these deserve an execution - but making multiple bad decisions like this and then getting combative with an officer? sorry, you forfeited.

According to the description he did not leave the car in the presence of the officer, he had already left the car before the officer arrived.
    Where do you get the information that he was combative? I'd like to see the source for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And people like you are assuming the cop was out for blood.
    Nope. Quote me where I said what the cop did here was malicious. I'll wait. But I'll save you the trouble, I'm saying either side doesn't have all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Everyones under the assumption that this was a wild high speed car chase even though car chases can range from.. high speed to slow ass grandma crawls.
    It wasn't according to the description it was "suspicion of speeding", meaning he wasn't noticably over the tempo limit when the officer followed him around or it wouldn'T ahve been a "suspcioun" but a "certainity". The officer can check his own speed when following, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still wondering how people are coming up with 13 miles when OP clearly says 8.
    Still wondering why that would even make the slightest difference. Also probably confused it with the fact that it says 13 km in paranthesis afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Why can other countries, or other cops in your own country detain people without lethal force? Why should this or other encounters that don't need to be violent, end up violent?

People can be unpredictable, but your first recourse as a cop shouldn't be to shoot them. Call for backup, don't be the lone hero, take your time, be cautious, de-escalate the situation don't exacerbate it.

Better training would go a long way in police / community relations.
    Copes are highly trained as it is. People need to be better trained to stay in their car and that. If he didn't see the lights then he never checked his rear view mirror and unless it was a a very long straight road with no lights he had no excuse.

Better training would go a long way in private citizens / Police Relations.

Works either way hammer man.

Cop did as trained the citizen was under trained blame schools or the dmv or his parents he got himself killed through a series of bad events. There isnt any other way to reasonable look at it. If you try and say trigger happy cops looks at stats. If you wanna say training what about people that arent cops knowing what to do if pulled over? Then we just start cycling around and stay in a loop of you blaming cop me not blaming cop and saying how did he not notice the lights and why did he get out of his car after noticing them? Which then leads to 1-2 explations.

1- He honest and truly didn't notice the lights and as scared and got out of the car after stopping which got him killed since he was scared "Cops don't know this, AT this point second he got out he was a threat to cop/others which is what training tells you especially after not stopping what happened exactly we don't know but he shouldn't have gotten out" Which ends in it being a series of bad events with him having gotten himself killed.

2- He did notice them and was driving around trying to get rid of drugs or something and was scared and got out of the car which leads to 1

If he had just stayed in the car he would have been alive. But there is no way to change how he felt Am i saying he should have died from being scared? No not at all. But to say its the cops fault for doing what they do is stupid and irresponsible. How? Because What if the guy had been someone who was dangerous and killed the cop? Now the guy has a Hand gun a shot gun and a police radio. He can go on and kill and avoid. But that wasn't the case that's a worst case. This case was mistake and nothing more and nothing less.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still wondering how people are coming up with 13 miles when OP clearly says 8.
    Someone converted it into kilometers in a previous post which was 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    How did we leap from "was combative with officer" to "was going to kill the officer and then go on a murderous rampage"?
    Where did "was combative with the officer" even come from in the first place?
    He might have been shot in the back for all we know from the description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Where did "was combative with the officer" even come from in the first place?
    He might have been shot in the back for all we know from the description.
    People are taking "An encounter with the officer" to mean it must have been a physical altercation.

Nope. Quote me where I said what the cop did here was malicious. I'll wait. But I'll save you the trouble, I'm saying either side doesn't have all the facts.
    How about you calling claiming the high speed chase was a misrepresentation? Since this motherfucker was followed for...Speeding.

I guess he was speeding doing 15 miles an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    How did we leap from "was combative with officer" to "was going to kill the officer and then go on a murderous rampage"?
    Cop did as cop trained.

If he stopped infront of his house cop sees man going towards a house which can have innocents inside innocents that can be hurt/killed etc so the cop does what a cop does protects. Cops need to think fast and cops do whats best for the protection of not just themselves but those around them. if Combative that means they are a threat to the cop and everyone else.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Another article:

Investigators say Trooper Jermaine Saunders attempted to pull over a Volvo on 485 for speeding. However, they say the driver, Daniel Kevin Harris, did not stop.

The chase continued off 485, to Rocky River Road exit, eventually ending at Seven Oaks Drive with both vehicles damaged.

"I was here in my driveway and I saw the highway patrol car come through and it was smoking really bad," said Mark Barringer. "About 10 seconds later, I heard one gunshot."
    So not only was the guy fully aware he was being pursued, both of their cars were damaged in the chase... With damage so bad to the cruiser that it was smoking... And he still continued driving to his house...

I look in my rearview mirror often enough to notice flashing lights atleast 10 times in that 13 mile chase - I suspect if I was deaf I'd make it even more of a point to check my rearview mirror.
    What has that got to do with the point I made?
    He apparently didn't notice the flashing lights or didn't connect the dots that they meant him and drove home normally and got out of his car in front of his own home before the officer got there. (We know this because the description of the events mentions "for suspicion of speeding", not "for speeding", and it says "he got out and there was an encounter", not "there was an encounter where he got out of the car unasked".)

- - - Updated - - -

He had legitimate reasoning as soon as he chased a guy 13 miles, the guy got out probably ignoring his requests, and then became combative.
    Still waiting for your source for the bolded part.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you calling claiming the high speed chase was a misrepresentation? Since this motherfucker was followed for...Speeding.

Speeding does not mean 30+ over the limit he could have been +3 over the limit for all we know. And all we know is not very much. Can literally go either way with how little we know about this so far.

Just like everyone crying the cop is wrong here doesn't have proof that he wasnt.
    Please list the people "crying the cop is wrong".
    (Note that I didn not make any such claim, I'm just pointing out that you have no basis to claim he was right.)

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Another article:

So not only was the guy fully aware he was being pursued, both of their cars were damaged in the chase... With damage so bad to the cruiser that it was smoking... And he still continued driving to his house...
    OH WOW.
    @Dugraka welp.

And now we have more information coming to light (as per usual) which shows the suspect at fault. What a fucking surprise.

"He didn't even hear the siren, he didn't hear anything... You're pulling someone over who is deaf, they are handicapped,"
    WTF is he doing behind the wheel of a car then? Like hearing is important, so you can hear sirens and other car horns.....

Got no opinion on the shooting, but this detail is what sticks out to me. If you are totally, 100% deaf, you should not be allowed to drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Americans might find this hard to believe but in many parts of europe the police officers do not shoot traffic violators on sight.

There is no hand gesture or choice of words that will get you shot by a police officer in a civilized european country.

The media make it appear as if you can get shot by a USA cop for absolutely no reason what so ever.

Either the cops are paranoid because every child can steal a gun from their parents, or they just love shooting civilians for no reason.
    The key phrase there.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

People are taking "An encounter with the officer" to mean it must have been a physical altercation.
    Getting shot in the back by the officer would also be a physical alteraction and an encounter with the officer.
    (Note that I'm not saying that happened.)

- - - Updated - - -

No, he was followed for "suspicion of speeding" which means he was not speeding during the 'chase'.