Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People who value sex this much (both OP and commenters) will most likely never make anything important in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Most women don't care about those things. Yes some do but those women are called gold diggers...they are a minority...also it becomes easier to date imo as you get older, people are more mature and have learned a few things from previous relationships.

*You personally* are more limited because of your geographic limitations and ability to drive, I think you should look into local tabletop gaming groups instead of online ones.
    well there is a local d&d shop 5 miles away... but i need a car to get there. because it's across a highway.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I would agree.

Humans need touch/affection, it's not optional for a healthy existence. If anyone is interested they should look up documentaries/studies of infants that grew up in orphanages, whose shelter/food needs were met but their need for love/bonding does not...it is absolutely essential for healthy human development.

It does not have to be from sex but I would imagine most individuals who are not in a relationship/dating are not getting their needs for human touch/intimacy met.
    You don't nee human touch. You've clearly misunderstood the research. What you need is some kind of affection, and definitely not one from a partner since practically half of people are less satisfied when they date or are in a relationship, because people like you say this is how it should be.

It's nothing like in movies, netflix crap, romance novels, erotica...nothing like it at all.. It is VERY overrated and nothing all that special. I've had the most incredible sexual experiences alone. As a married man, the desire (both hers an mine) dries up quickly. Kids come along and the intimacy of any kind is pretty much gone. Is it like this with everyone? Probably not. But I feel most put so much emphasis on sex, when in reality, it might be neat at first, but it doesn't last.

Abstaining from sex does not magically transform an individual into a great thinker; Newton and Tesla would have likely been exceptional whether they chose to have sex or not.
    No, they wouldn't. Part of them being so exceptional in these areas is they spent so much time with it. Any kind of relationship steals a lot of time.

Not only sexual desires are desires. Probably you had a desire to post this thing to get attention. You won't trascend, sorry. :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Just pay a prostitute instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    As a 30-year-old straight man I feel uncomfortable playing anything but Orc or Tauren.
    hmm do you play tauren druid....i find tauren druid players to be well abrasive assholes to put it lightly. never met a nice tauren druid player. of course that could be because i met almost all of them on bleeding hollow one of the most toxic server communitys on wow.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    It's nothing like in movies, netflix crap, romance novels, erotica...nothing like it at all.. It is VERY overrated and nothing all that special. I've had the most incredible sexual experiences alone. As a married man, the desire (both hers an mine) dries up quickly. Kids come along and the intimacy of any kind is pretty much gone. Is it like this with everyone? Probably not. But I feel most put so much emphasis on sex, when in reality, it might be neat at first, but it doesn't last.
    And because many people put so nuch emphasis on sex, they break up very easily because it's "greener on the other side".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    And because many people put so nuch emphasis on sex, they break up very easily because it's "greener on the other side".
    Sexual compatibility is important

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personal compatibility much more so if you want anything long-term.

Deleted
    Well obviously but you still require both

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I have contemplated pursuing this endeavor, as I have reasons to believe that staying abstinent until a certain age does, in fact, grant you otherworldly powers. I am not talking about Harry Potter or whatever, but the mind (free from sexual desire) is able to see past primal urges, and opens up doors others cannot see. In essence, you evolve past the human body's urges and transcend into your mind.

I believe that following this path will grant you powers similar to the Buddha, and allow the worthy to transcend into Nirvana. Those who doubt this are foolish and in doubt, but they were never worthy of Nirvana to begin with.

Thoughts?
    hey, I thought religion was not allowed in these forums!? and yet this has gon e to 20 posts.. so it's okay to be religious as long as it's not judeo-christian or islamic hey.. but humanism is fine, polytheisum, buddhism, all manner of weird and whacker belief systems are fine, just not hose 3 huh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    hey, I thought religion was not allowed in these forums!? and yet this has gon e to 20 posts.. so it's okay to be religious as long as it's not judeo-christian or islamic hey.. but humanism is fine, polytheisum, buddhism, all manner of weird and whacker belief systems are fine, just not hose 3 huh.
    Probably because people don't behave like knuckle-dragging loud-mouthed swamp sewer in threads not about the big 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are important in the long term. Either one lacking can break a marriage/relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Both are important in the long term. Either one lacking can break a marriage/relationship.
    Not lacking one. The problem is when people want different amounts. Sex is not a requirement especially when many people who lived all their lives together say the sex wasn't that important.

Now when people have more sex than ever and are more open about it, relationships tend to last a very short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some it is, for others it isn't. Everyone is different, my friend Adam!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I have contemplated pursuing this endeavor, as I have reasons to believe that staying abstinent until a certain age does, in fact, grant you otherworldly powers. I am not talking about Harry Potter or whatever, but the mind (free from sexual desire) is able to see past primal urges, and opens up doors others cannot see. In essence, you evolve past the human body's urges and transcend into your mind.

I believe that following this path will grant you powers similar to the Buddha, and allow the worthy to transcend into Nirvana. Those who doubt this are foolish and in doubt, but they were never worthy of Nirvana to begin with.

Thoughts?
    People seeking Nirvanna and transendance should stay as far away from internet forums as possible. In fact, turn your computer off and walk away from it forever. It isn't going to help you. Seeking advice on these states by crowd surfing won't help you either, in fact it more or less will lead you to ruin.

Put on your big boy pants, make some big boy decisions on your own and stop trying to solve your problems on the internet by crowd surfing for answers. Make some decisions yourself for once.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    You should take your meds.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a wasted year
    It could have been better, but for a first g/f it was fair enough.