Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why shouldn't it? There's absolutely a lot of reason to have an easily packageable contract that grants all of these privileges in one go, rather than making people specify their legal designee in every scenario.
    if you want to share your life with someone you should have to sign any papper. we should be able to get those privileges without having a contract. its love, not a game. isnt it?

I respect the decision of people choosing to wait. Back in my dating days, that was a deal breaker for me. I'd have to know if I had chemistry with a person before deciding to have a lifetime of sex with only them. I think more than a few are going to be let down by waiting. Sex between two completely inexperience people is way worse than what it can be.

i will admit, i have a problem with religions, and all that related to it. but i think that much religion talk isnt allowed here haha.

Deleted
    Hmm, it's not the way I roll, but I gotta respect people who do that. (Like, hell, I couldn't really hold out that long if I wanted)

Btw.: @AwkwardSquirtle your posts have provided me with a quite a bit of insight about the christian take on abstinence before marriage, without ever being aggressive or disrespectful. Thanks for that

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not something you believe in or not. If you don't do sex before marriage, you are missing out on an awesome side of life, simple as that.
    People who do "not believe" usually hide behind this reasoning because of deeper reasons. This has been the case with everyone I met with this mentality.
    Religious reasons do not hold anymore in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It's not something you believe in or not.
    Never understood people who claim they don't believe in premarital sex. It's very easy to prove it exists.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. What you're contending is that two people who love each other enough to wait for marriage before sex, are someone how more likely to be incompatible than two who screw before hand? Sure, there will be cases of people who discover strange sexual proclivities, but you really think that someone who waits 25 or 30 years is just going to decide they want a rape fantasy and their partner won't be into it and that will end their relationship? And that somehow this will cause more peoples marriages to end than already occurs in the general population? Gimme a break.

I have no problem with people who have sex before marriage. I did, as well as many others. I do not think for a second that I learned something about my wife by having sex with her that made me decide to stay or leave her, because love is not based on sex alone, and nor do I think that I am less likely to have loved her or have stayed with her post marriage had we decided to not have sex before marriage. The reality is we just both didn't want to wait, so we didn't. Some people do want to wait, and it's silly to question their motives and think they are making some grand mistake. If you don't want to wait, don't, but you aren't unraveling the secrets of the universe through premarital sex.
    I am not saying sex is the end all be all of a relationship, and if it came off that way I apologize. Sex is actually the least important thing to me in a relationship. I just know first hand that regardless of how great the rest of the relationship is, having a sexual incompatibility can really drive a wedge between two people. That's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    if you want to share your life with someone you should have to sign any papper. we should be able to get those privileges without having a contract. its love, not a game. isnt it?
    Because without the contract, the law wouldn't know who those privileges went to.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Hey, people wanna be biologically functioning inferior because of delusional personal beliefs ; More power to them.

That's a cornerstone of tolerance, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    Not all morals are defined by sex, and using sex as a barometer for a persons morals is less reliable than it is for their attractiveness. Also doling out orgasms seems to demonstrate some altruism, don't be so ready to judge.
    The same could easily be said of having sex before marriage though.

Too each their own, IMO. Some people don't want to because once sex happens, it can easily interfere with everything else, getting to know someone, etc..

For some, sex just isn't that important to them.

For others, hell no.

Whatever works.

Their life, their choice, the end. I know you guys want to religion bash, but it probably has nothing to do with that for many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

No hymen, no diamond crew.

Women who wait till marriage are statistically way more likely to have a successful marriage.

Deleted
    Their choice.

I can not say it's something I'd wanna do, but I can respect it.

My parents waited until after they were married to have sex for religious reasons. They have been together 45 years.

I did not wait until marriage, I was 15, although I am now married to that person and we have been together 18 years and married 10.

Why should I care or judge why someone does or does not have sex prior to marriage?

Lots of, "I dont get why ppl do it, its dumb" in this thread.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Lots of, "I dont get why ppl do it, its dumb" in this thread.
    Well I mean I'll take a "you're dumb for waiting" over being called immoral or
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamuga View Post
    Fornication is sexual immorality which is against the Father's laws. He doesn't accept any excuses. Those who knowingly or unknowingly take part in sin are worthy of death. He rightfully expects obedience from His creations who are living in His property.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    yeah...

in times of consumer protection not beeing a shallow word, i would turn the slogan around:

No Marriage before Sex.

Even priests say "So Hedge Therefore, Who Join Forever"

U want to test your future wife / husband, as its not easily swappable and no refunds are given.

Frankly, good for them, if that's really what they want.
    In the other hand such practices seem extremely unhealthy.

I know a guy. married at 23, no sex before marriage for both, they have been together 19 years this year.

whatever works for people I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well I mean I'll take a "you're dumb for waiting" over being called immoral or yeah...
    Well, that douche is wrong as well, I guess he forgot that "the Father" also calls us to not judge and to love all even the sinners.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-25 at 01:59 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.