Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Right now the situation seems mixed. While Watcher has had a bad attitude towards supporting dungeons and spending resources on them there is then the potentially for Blizzard to bring back large zone dungeons and organized dungeon content in general. Kara might bring with it an appeal to get people into it while also being a comparatively less risky resource wise.

I am hoping the plan does well. At the same time I hope there is new post launch dungeon content. Dungeons continue to still have a larger chunk of players seeing them than raid content even with LFR.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    If they don't pull the shit Rift did with their raids, I'm fine with it. What I'm talking about is updating the art assets, putting in new bosses and mechanics, and maybe changing the flow of the zone. Rift has become notorious for rehashing their raids. They literally just increased all the bosses stats to be "challenging" at level cap and did nothing more, no new bosses, no new mechanics, nothing new about the raids. They've done it so much now it's almost sad.
    Why is it only almost sad?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They literally said there would be a new, albeit small, raid.

Gah, sometimes I question if people intentionally "forget" things or just don't read entire posts... -.-

I think a healthy combo of new and exciting and old and nostalgic is good.
    The only thing WoW makes me nostalgic for right now is the time before I was alive so I didn't have to see what this game was/is turning into.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did they say there would be a new raid? It wasn't in the trailer to my knowledge. If it was, I will resub and donate my life savings to Mike Morhaime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The only thing WoW makes me nostalgic for right now is the time before I was alive so I didn't have to see what this game was/is turning into.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did they say there would be a new raid? It wasn't in the trailer to my knowledge. If it was, I will resub and donate my life savings to Mike Morhaime.
    rofl... lord oh lord. Please calm your melodrama down a bit, this game is not that bad. Holy fuck.

That trailer WAS A TEASER. It was not the final 7.1 trailer. Gah, you really didn't read the big post about 7.1, yet you're commenting on it and everything, sigh... -.-

I'll just give you a link and expect you to be a good mmo-champ and do your due diligence.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Legion-Stream
    "A flower.

rofl... lord oh lord. Please calm your melodrama down a bit, this game is not that bad. Holy fuck.

That trailer WAS A TEASER. It was not the final 7.1 trailer. Gah, you really didn't read the big post about 7.1, yet you're commenting on it and everything, sigh... -.-

I'll just give you a link and expect you to be a good mmo-champ and do your due diligence.
    I watched the trailer on Youtube, I don't go on the front page of this site very much. I was just joshing with you my friend, Warlords and Legion are the epitome of the MMO experience.

Why is it only almost sad?
    Because I can't be bothered to give a shit if a company sinks their own game with stupid decisions like that.

Deleted

Front page post under the trailer.... posted on 2016-08-17. Do you only watch the trailers and never bother to read the additional info provided by chaud? Seriously peole!
    Learn to read! It will solve you many problems...
    Just in case you don't find it:
    Patch 7.1 - Return to Karazhan
    - Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses.
    - The old Karazhan will still exist, you can still go and farm it for things.
    - There will also be a small additional raid between The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold that wraps up the Stormheim story.
    - Patch 7.1 will also have outdoor content associated with Suramar that pushes forward the Nightfallen story.
    - Patch 7.1 is coming to the PTR right after Legion launches!
    - Encounters have been play tested internally, it is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Front page post under the trailer.... posted on 2016-08-17. Do you only watch the trailers and never bother to read the additional info provided by chaud? Seriously peole!
    Learn to read! It will solve you many problems...
    Like I said bro, I saw the trailer on Youtube. Not the front page.

I don't mind a reflavored Kara, always fun when they mix up an old raid or dungeon and bring it to current content. I like these, a lot.

Dalaran on the other hand, not happy with at all. We spent an entire expansion there already in that city, now we get to do it again. Same layout, same vendors, same everything. Same damn city, not looking forward to it. Really wish they would have put their thinking caps on and given us something new rather than a rehash for a main city.

The only saving grace is there appears to be lots of reasons to stay out of the city, world quests, Suramar quest lines, etc. Still, not looking forward to Dalaran again.

I dont get why people complain about recyled content nowdays, when the apparent "best" expansions first tier more or less entirely consisted of a recycled raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the trailer on Youtube, I don't go on the front page of this site very much. I was just joshing with you my friend, Warlords and Legion are the epitome of the MMO experience.
    I don't think Warlords is the epitome of anything like an MMO.

Garrison-craft isn't anything awesome. =|
    "A flower.

I don't think Warlords is the epitome of anything like an MMO.

Garrison-craft isn't anything awesome. =|
    Warlords is the epitome of saving my bank account $15 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I dont get why people complain about recyled content nowdays, when the apparent "best" expansions first tier more or less entirely consisted of a recycled raid.
    Where were haters like you when people have spent the past nearly 10 years praising Karazhan as one of, if not the best raid to ever be put in WoW?

Unless, of course, you're talking about Wrath of the Lich King with the completely recycled Naxx, then okay, I agree, but frankly, it made sense and Blizzard wanted more people to experience that raid. I hated Naxx, personally, mainly because I couldn't get in a half-decent guild back then and the aesthetic was nauseatingly disgusting for AN ENTIRE YUUUUGE raid...

Now if they were to recycle Sunwell Plateau?

Oh, please, and can I do the Isle of Quel'Danas dailies again?!

Not even joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Warlords is the epitome of saving my bank account $15 a month.
    Yeah, I don't regret not playing/paying for 90% of WoD's lifespan.
    "A flower.

Where were haters like you when people have spent the past nearly 10 years praising Karazhan as one of, if not the best raid to ever be put in WoW?

Unless, of course, you're talking about Wrath of the Lich King with the completely recycled Naxx, then okay, I agree, but frankly, it made sense and Blizzard wanted more people to experience that raid. I hated Naxx, personally, mainly because I couldn't get in a half-decent guild back then and the aesthetic was nauseatingly disgusting for AN ENTIRE YUUUUGE raid...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I don't regret not playing/paying for 90% of WoD's lifespan.
    Of course I talk about WotLK.

It was simply disgusting, and is simply not excusable because the other raids in the tier were hot garbage aswell. Just because only a small part of the playerbase did the raids doesnt mean its suddenly okay to recycle them.

wow is recycling warcraft lore over and over since 2004
    kike pride world wide

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Your opinion, not one shared by most I suspect.

Blizzard is a modern day software company, they have analytics and surveys and interviews with their customers (you and me) to determine what their majority of paying customers want. The decision to bring in the DH, the Legion, or even Kara, is based on evidence, not whimsy. Ghostcrawler was a marine biologist, but was hired by Blizzard for his ability to make sense of data. Data drives game development, especially one where all the data is available to them. His replacement is probably equally adept at reading Big Data.

WoW has huge data logging potential, and I can guarantee blizzard uses a ton of it. Just like Facebook, Twitter and Google. Doesn't mean they don't sometimes experiment with things, but Kara was not a fluke, it's back because people loved it.
    I wish this forum had voting, because this deserves a big thumbs up. People can't seem to grasp that most decisions Blizzard makes are based on data.

All those posts claiming 'this one thing is why WoW lost millions' are cringeworthy. Blizzard has the data and knows full well that 'one thing' isn't it.

Anyway, I am happy they bring something familiar back every expansion, especially when they keep the original as well. Just wished for heroic and not just mythic, but alas, can't have it all.

I'd wish they'd bring content and villains back more often. I love going back and revisiting, and it freshens up content they've since abandoned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Your opinion, not one shared by most I suspect.

Blizzard is a modern day software company, they have analytics and surveys and interviews with their customers (you and me) to determine what their majority of paying customers want. The decision to bring in the DH, the Legion, or even Kara, is based on evidence, not whimsy. Ghostcrawler was a marine biologist, but was hired by Blizzard for his ability to make sense of data. Data drives game development, especially one where all the data is available to them. His replacement is probably equally adept at reading Big Data.

WoW has huge data logging potential, and I can guarantee blizzard uses a ton of it. Just like Facebook, Twitter and Google. Doesn't mean they don't sometimes experiment with things, but Kara was not a fluke, it's back because people loved it.
    If Kara proves successful with bringing it back I hope they bring Ulduar back too. Same place, different bosses to show that time has passed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with recycled content as long as it's in addition to brand new content, not in place of it. I spent God knows much time in Kara when it was relevant, and I have absolutely no interest in doing it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I don't have a problem with them bringing content back, but imo Kara should've come back as a raid, not a 5 man.
    I'd like to argue otherwise, they are finally pushing for good and interesting 5-man content. 5-man content has been so trivialized in wow. CMs was a step in the right direction but mythic+ and the kharazan rework is great imo. An instance isn't epic just because you're 20 people in there.

Recycled content is fine, but it doesn't replace new content.

I enjoy Timewalking and all the various recycled "updated" dungeons. They're fine. But they simply aren't new. They need to make new content too.

Patch 7.2 needs to come with new 5-man dungeons. Not revamped Blackrock Depths or Serpentshrine Cavern.