Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    Lol no buddy you keep moving that goal post for yourself when you get shutdown on your argument. I'm done wasting time arguing with you. Your avatar suites you, probably the same face you make every time you log into the game and notice you didn't get something for being a customer.
    Always love an MMO-C hat tip, best way to win an argument: "I'm taking my ball and going home."
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Always love an MMO-C hat tip, best way to win an argument: "I'm taking my ball and going home."
    What's the point debating with you when you constantly change your stance in your argument every other post? You've contradicted yourself multiple times, you changed your initial argument from all to some, you take actual facts and legitmate reasons as to why something is done and resort to one thing, calling someone a fanboy. No my friend that's called sound reasoning and logical explanations. I'm ending this not because I care to "win" this argument because its boring me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    What's the point debating with you when you constantly change your stance in your argument every other post? You've contradicted yourself multiple times, you changed your initial argument from all to some, you take actual facts and legitmate reasons as to why something is done and resort to one thing, calling someone a fanboy. No my friend that's called sound reasoning and logical explanations. I'm ending this not because I care to "win" this argument because its boring me now.
    No one is asking you to post here, you can do whatever you want.

My argument has remained the same: some services should be free, others should be less expensive, more realms should be merged to combat dead realms, and you should be able to buy services with equivalent amounts of gold via tokens.

If you can't comprehend that, I don't know what to tell you.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Right, because wanting Blizzard to be a better company is entitlement.

Hurr durr.
    Your argument relies solely on your personal opinion of what a good company is. It is fair that someone else may see your position as entitlement. Another way of wording what you are asking for is "I have been a loyal customer for X amount of time and feel entitled to some kind of bonus for being a loyal customer"
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Your argument relies solely on your personal opinion of what a good company is. It is fair that someone else may see your position as entitlement. Another way of wording what you are asking for is "I have been a loyal customer for X amount of time and feel entitled to some kind of bonus for being a loyal customer"
    That's what I posted: my opinion.

Feel free to disagree, or think I'm being entitled by suggesting Blizzard should treat their customers better. It makes no difference to me.

No one is asking you to post here, you can do whatever you want.

My argument has remained the same: some services should be free, others should be less expensive, more realms should be merged to combat dead realms, and you should be able to buy services with equivalent amounts of gold via tokens.

If you can't comprehend that, I don't know what to tell you.
    I think everyone can comprehend your position, they just do not agree with it.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

It would be nice if we could use the Wow Token to buy faction / race changes / realm transfers. Not sure if this has ever been suggested before, if it hasn't it would be an easy way for people to do transfers without needing to bother Blizzard directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I think everyone can comprehend your position, they just do not agree with it.
    Quite obviously not, since the other poster seems to think I'm contradicting myself, despite having posted the same opinion from the beginning.

I need to move realm to follow my guild to a realm where it's actually possible to recruit. I'm not going to.

I said I wasn't paying to fix Blizzard's problem, and I meant it. At the point where I can no longer participate in guild activities from another realm, that will be it for me and WoW.

I have always thought there should be a bundle for 5 or more characters to transfer at once. I mean you can only play 1 at a time anyway. Say they would let you server transfer all characters on a server for a flat fee of $125-$150. That would make server movement to join your new friends much more affordable, but still ensure that the vast majority of people would still be paying full price. It would also allow you to transfer with your guild much more easily. If you don't have 6+ characters on one realm, nothing changes. If you have 6-12 that you want to transfer all at once, you save money.

Honestly, if they did that, they would probably make more money than they did now, because lots of people have 6-12 chars and are stuck on a server because they don't want to transfer them all individually.

ETA: I think Blizzard has already thought of this, but just don't want to be accused of money gouging by having a $150 dollar micro-transaction on their store.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2016-08-25 at 04:17 PM.

If you need to transfer that badly then perhaps you should consider one of this gofundme accounts. I'm sure the community would be more than happy to donate to your cause.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Rift, They have a system thats fair, so it can't be abused and migrate is instant.

Blizzard is just milking us all dry and you all eat it right up like pawn in there hands.

Blizzard relies on consumers with no barrier's that are pre-ordering games, buying 20 dollar mounts and services.
    If you let someone milk you, that's entirely your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    OP, I do think it would be nice to have a MUCH cheaper option to move stuff around. I know they try to curb people moving all to one server because of how packed the game gets in certain area's like NA/US - Illidan, and servers like that.

At least for LEVELING purposes in LEG (legion), you really actually want a dead server.. queue times are about to be INSANE (ddos+everyone coming back for 2 weeks = WICKED)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The OP didn't actually state why he "needed" to do faction changes, even ignoring the fact that nobody ever needs to do a faction or race change.
    I can explain that.

Over time, a lot of people (myself included) have built a certain number of characters on various servers.

At the time, that made sense. For example, I played on Magtheridon-EU, which used to be the best realm for horde from many points of view. It was also a PVP realm. Following a high number of alliance people that left the server (reaching a pathetic A:H ratio - you could "know" 20% of the alliance characters you came across, at the very least) and years of whining (by the remaining alliance characters), Blizzard eventually changed Magtheridon to become a PVE realm. Characters were given the option to migrate to crappy/semi-abandoned realms or...stay there.

Now, when you leveled your characters there, you did it for a good reason (if you were horde). A lot (and I mean A LOT) of good guilds, a lot of pugs, a lot of everything. Then Blizzard stepped in and drastically changed everything. The realm was literally killed off.

Take another example. Racials. When you picked an undead character a long time ago, you certainly did because of cannibalize and WOTF (which, at some point, did not share a CD with the trinket; in fact, trinkets could only remove certain effects for each class). But Blizzard changed racials. Over and over and over. Take the 1% Belf crit - it did not exist. It does now and the result is that belves are the majority of the Horde players..or at least that's what it feels like.

In both scenarios, you had good reasons to choose a realm. Or a faction. Then Blizzard came in - when you already had those characters a certain way, on a certain realm - and altered those factors. Of course they CAN do that - according to the EULA, at least - but should they just leave customers...as they are?

If you go to a 5* hotel and get a "5* room", then the management of the hotel changes the room (so it's now more like a 2* room), would you expect them to move you to a 5* room or would you happily stay in the 2* or eat the loss and pay for ANOTHER 5* room (to be changed to 2* at any point in time, if the management so desires, with no obligations towards you)?

Considering the amount of changes made by blizzard to realm, characters, abilities, racial traits etc, I really think it would be DECENT of them - just that; DECENT - to give players a "once per year account review" (the exact frequency is beyond the point) , a window during which you could change your races/faction/server for all your characters.

Many players chose to level human characters for the "Free trinket" in PVP. Well, that's gone now. "Just level another character"? What if you no longer have room on that server? (I don't). What if they've also changed the server and killed it off?

I don't think the OP is asking for too much - I think it's common courtesy. I also don't think he's going to get any of that. Blizzard North might have acknowledged the request. Activision won't even give it a second thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of those that "need" optional service for free.

Entitle much?

I agree with some of what you say but urge you to realize none of this is that serious or worth complaining about. Just get over it.

Also, mod edit the title to "letter to people on mmochampipn."
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Another one of those that "need" optional service for free.

Entitle much?
    Yeah, let's just all pay 230 euros/pounds every time Blizzard changes a racial, abilities or realms. It's OPTIONAL to play that class or that faction or that realm, I don't get why people want free stuff too. Surely they must be entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly what I need as well. After getting a few characters to 100 from doing invasions I've been wanting to put all my 100s on one server instead of having them scattered between 3 servers. I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for something so simple as just reorganizing my characters. I have been playing since November 2006 and over the years I have only unsubscribed twice. Once back in WotLK and once in WoD. So I have been loyally subscribed for at least 8 years you'd think they do something like this for us or at the very least give us a veteran player discount on all character services or something.

I mean like here they are rearranging realms and combing some together and making all these changes but we can't change with it without paying hundreds of dollars. How is that fair?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-25 at 05:10 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    No to all parts, you rolled the characters, either play them or re roll, it is not blizzards fault you want to change their race or faction.
    I have rerolled many a time, as that was my choice too, at no time did I think "oh blizz owes me a free one because I've stayed loyal"

From what I can tell Blizzard, and the majority of the community, would rather people leave than get anything at a reduced price or free. They'd rather cut off the nose to spite their face.

Yes, for some people to play Legion they need a faction change to play with their friends. If this need isn't met then the player will leave. Or has so many forgotten the game isn't back up to 12+ million people playing anymore?