Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    I think you might have forgotten that in the dessert is the Caverns of time, a portal to time travel.
    Imagine if the legion would ever get in there, untold amount of damage and chaos across history.
    Yeah I did forget. Other comments reminded me of that but I won't edit my post cus it won't make sense to new readers.

Personally I'm not entirely sure if the Legion are interested in time travel... There is one Legion, no alternate timeline Legions. They reside in the Twisting Nether where they have an overview of all the timelines that they want and go to any location at any point in time in any timeline that they want. They don't need the Caverns of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    What is in Tanaris, again?
    All the oil for the non-existent engineering class.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They're invading areas next to major cities, without putting stress on the servers too much by putting them directly in the same zone of the city. The only outlier is Tanaris so really not sure why they choose to invade Azeroth's desert.
    I think the criteria were "pretty large town in a zone with a bunch of flat open areas in it", that fits all the places invasions can happen pretty well, including Tanaris.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The Legion is attacking sites near capital cities. Azshara for Orgrimmar, Northern Barrens for Thunder Bluff, Hillsbrad Foothills for Undercity, Dun Morogh for Ironforge, and Westfall for Stormwind. The only one that does not fit this model is Tanaris, but perhaps it is suppose to be tied in with Theramore of Kul Tiras? Besides, why would the Legion waste their time with Northrend for as far as they know belongs to the Scourge, and I am not sure that the Legion knows Pandaria exists. Hell, we did not until a few years ago.
    Steamwheedle Cartel are a powerful political entity which is probably why the Legion are attacking Tanaris.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post
    Possible reason for northrend
    1. The dont whant to invade northrend because the woud lose forces what coud turn against them
    2. The whant to gain control over the lichking again
    3. The ignore northrend because it´s no threat

Possible reason for Pandara
    1. The ignore pandara because it´s no threat
    2. The dont know it exist because of the fog
    again, they do invade every single corner of azeroth, its just not represented in the invasions very well.
    guys, we magni gets captured by a couple of demons in ulduar and warriors rescue hodir from invading demons.
    the peak of serenity gets destroyed too.

2. The dont know it exist because of the fog
    the mists are gone.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    The caverns of time.
    And potentially more hidden Old God (Skitterring Depths) and Titan relics (Uldum).

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question, why is the Legion not invading Northrend or Pandaria? Is there anything in Lore to explain this?
    From a lore POV, when you are invading, it would make sense to lay siege on the faction capitals of the world you are trying to invade. So assuming, Westfall landing is for a potential Stormwind Invasion, Kharanos --> Ironforge. Hillsbrad --> Undercity. Aszahra -> Orgrimmar. Crossroads -> TB + Org? Gadgetzan --> no freaking clue. Who wants to land an invasion army in the middle of freaking nowhere? Good thing Legion isn't smart.

More pertinent question is even Legion decided to ignore Silvermoon and Darnassus. Apparently nobody freaking cares about Silvermoon and Darnassus. (They didn't ignore Exodar. There's a nice bit of Exodar quest chain in Legion. So, not disclosing stuff here, since it has strong lore based spoilers).

Strategically speaking, the Legion invasion is a mess. First thing you do when you invade/lay siege is cut off communication and supplies to the city. So, here's what I would have done--

• Take out the 3 zeppelin routes. Take out the boat routes.
    • So potential high value targets -- Ratchet and BB (neutral), Menethil Harbor, Theramore, Stormwind Harbor (Alliance). UC, STV and Org Zeppelin towers (Alliance)
    • Stormwind -- attack both from Goldshire side as well as from the harbor side
    • Orgrimmar -- all 3 gates
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore-wise they are, it's gameplay mechanics.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Steamwheedle Cartel are a powerful political entity which is probably why the Legion are attacking Tanaris.
    The Legion is also attacking sites on the inner coastline, since their point of original landing is between the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think the criteria were "pretty large town in a zone with a bunch of flat open areas in it", that fits all the places invasions can happen pretty well, including Tanaris.
    I disagree about Hillsbrad and Dun Morogh. They're fairly cramped areas with lots of terrain elevation. They're not very easy to maneuver around quickly and efficiently for players with a ground mount, compared to the other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I disagree about Hillsbrad and Dun Morogh. They're fairly cramped areas with lots of terrain elevation. They're not very easy to maneuver around quickly and efficiently for players with a ground mount, compared to the other locations.
    It's a max-level event at heart, so assuming players have flying mounts seems fair (both for speed and dealing with elevations), is it even feasible to try for out-of-town bosses on a ground mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the real reason we only have these 6 invasions is because the zones they are in feature large expanses of mostly empty areas that they can put the Legion structures on. A lot of the Northrend and Pandaria zones are more full of stuff which would pose some difficulties with dropping Legion structures all over them. That being said, like others have mentioned, Pandaria at least has been shown that it is being invaded via monk quests.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They're invading areas next to major cities, without putting stress on the servers too much by putting them directly in the same zone of the city. The only outlier is Tanaris so really not sure why they choose to invade Azeroth's desert.
    Th Caverns of Time. If you go there during the invasion the Dragons are freaking the fuck out because the Demons having control of Azeroths timelines would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I would think you would try to conquer all the empty, low resistance places first and strengthen your foothold.

And really if they have interdimensional spaceships, I still don't get why they can't just nuke us from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    Large vessels that fly by magic and open magic portals are far from spaceships armed with nuclear weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question, why is the Legion not invading Northrend or Pandaria? Is there anything in Lore to explain this?
    the are, just its ease of access for low level toons to partake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    And potentially more hidden Old God (Skitterring Depths) and Titan relics (Uldum).
    What is the "skittering depths"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    What is in Tanaris, again?
    The caverns of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Th Caverns of Time. If you go there during the invasion the Dragons are freaking the fuck out because the Demons having control of Azeroths timelines would be catastrophic.
    I couldn't get in during the invasion, it's sealed by gold timey-wimey magic with the Illidari defending it. Where are the Bronzes? :L

I've seen GMs spawn assets in world, I know it can be done.
    Likely a GM can spawn a green sky portal, or a ship, but there is a lot more that goes on in a Demon invasion:

- Spawn points of demon buildings
    - Spawn points of demons
    - Spawn points, names, type, abilities of demon lords and commanders
    - Speech and commentary of demon lord and azerothian commander
    - Despawning of all non mob NPC's except guards.

I expect there's a bit of testing that is also involved, such as making sure demon abilities don't go crazy and start killing everything (See ZG blood plague) and making sure demon buildings don't clip with the ground in odd ways, for two examples.
    RETH

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    What is the "skittering depths"?
    It's something they came up with in their head; just look at google's results.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Large vessels that fly by magic and open magic portals are far from spaceships armed with nuclear weapons.
    Maybe the Wiki for the Draenei is wrong, but seeing how they got the Azeroth on a spaceship and it states "The draenei visited many worlds and explored much of the known cosmos in their quest to find safe harbor. And the Draenei are just an uncorrupted version of the eredar. I don't see why the eredar wouldn't have much of the same technology, to include spaceships.

Maybe the Wiki for the Draenei is wrong, but seeing how they got the Azeroth on a spaceship and it states "The draenei visited many worlds and explored much of the known cosmos in their quest to find safe harbor. And the Draenei are just an uncorrupted version of the eredar. I don't see why the eredar wouldn't have much of the same technology, to include spaceships.
    Because it wasn't their technology, it was the Naaru's. Tempest Keep (and the Exodar) are Naaru tech, not Draenei.