Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    She's literally Hitler. I mean, Lich King.

/ner'zhulwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am glad that your entire argument depends on a pop-culture reference to Fable.
    Reference or not it is still canon and she isn't the only human suffering in Undercity.

she is evil, thats the point, deep within we are all sadists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    /ner'zhulwin
    After we have seen what kinda asshole he has been during WoD, he deserves no respect. Arthas did the right thing in destroying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    The bias for Sylvanas is so strong it's ridiculous.

She's evil. She's consistently been evil ever since Arthas made her what she is.

In Gilneas she killed Genn's son just to spite the worgen, she outright lied to the horde emissary, she disobeyed the orders of Garrosh, her Warchief, and bombed Gilneas with the Plague.

Yet Genn and Jaina get the most crap. They are right though and justified in their actions. The alliance is screwed either way. What good will it be if we defeat the Legion only to go under yet again, just this time it will be to a dark lady instead of a dark lord.

She's hot though, I guess that excuses all her actions.
    She wanted to kill Genn not his son. He jumped in the way. Alliance fanboys whine about everything

7+ Year Old Account

She's evil. She's consistently been evil ever since Arthas made her what she is.

In Gilneas she killed Genn's son just to spite the worgen, she outright lied to the horde emissary, she disobeyed the orders of Garrosh, her Warchief, and bombed Gilneas with the Plague.

Yet Genn and Jaina get the most crap. They are right though and justified in their actions. The alliance is screwed either way. What good will it be if we defeat the Legion only to go under yet again, just this time it will be to a dark lady instead of a dark lord.

"Cough".....(clears throught)...

In Gilneas, Sylvanas was trying to kill Genn, so she could end the war. Genn's son tried to stop it, but died instead. Nothing spiteful here. She did lie to the emisarry and Garrosh, but Garrosh wanted her dead, so she lied to save the lives of her own tropps and the troops of the horde. Good leader!! The plaque is a weapen of the undead, just like bombs are for the humans or treants for the NE. It is war, people kill each other.

Genn get very little crap. He is very understandable and i see very few people say bad stuff about his actions in this act of Warcraft.
    Blizzard is right now killing Jaina off, so she is just going insane. Good reason for saying she is crap.
    As Velen has said, if the alliance try to attack the horde now, the Legion would never be defeated and Azeroth would be lost. The alliance can not defeat the Legion alone, but Jaine seems to be blind to that fact. It is dumb to choose own personal revenge over the safety of several nations and its people.

And she is not really that hot anymore. Her character is pretty good though, well made except some few faults here and there. Her being hot is not a counterargument for people defending her by the way.

So your arguments are all misdirected really. Try not to be so hateful against a single character and instead try to look at the bigger picture m8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    That is torture, but instead of me explaining it, I'll just let Drek'thar explain it. Drek'thar knows the true nature of the Forsaken. He explains everything perfectly.

Drek'Thar says: So you have come seeking our aid?
    Drek'Thar coughs.
    Drek'Thar says: I... *cough* I have been alive for a very long time. In that time I have seen and done terrible things.
    Drek'Thar says: Things that still keep me awake at nights.
    Drek'Thar says: But these terrible things that I have done and the people that I have harmed - I know them... I face them... and I feel remorse for them.
    Drek'Thar says: But the Forsaken. *cough* What do they feel?
    Drek'Thar says: They ravage the land and destroy everything that they touch. How many lives have been lost to their vile poisons?
    Drek'Thar says: How many innocents have fallen before the Forsaken war machine?
    Drek'Thar says: Countless... countless lives... *cough*
    Drek'Thar says: Yes... I have done terrible things, but nothing could ever be as terrible as lending aid to the Forsaken.
    Drek'Thar says: You go back to that spineless orc who would not come see me and you tell him that the Frostwolf clan will not aid the Forsaken. Not now, not ever!
    Drek'Thar says: BEGONE!
    Seems like Drek'Thar has becomed a bit of racist in his old age xD

But jokes aside, all he says is true, but he forgets about the terrible things nearly all the factions of azeroth have done. The orcs have killed millions, so have the humans. The only reason because the Forsaken is singled out, is because they are undead and use weapens fitting their "situation".
    So they are not really that different from the other warring factions on Azeroth. Who knows?..... The Forsaken might save us all some day.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account

"Killed Genn's son just to spite the worgen"... umm, no. Sylvanas shot an arrow to kill Genn, but Liam jumped in the way.

Why is it that nearly every time someone says Sylvanas is evil they use the wrong examples that aren't evil?
    • Targeting the enemy commander in a battle - Not evil.
    • Lying - Not evil.
    • Disobeying orders - Not evil.
    • Using weapons of war in a war - Not evil.

What is evil is medical torture.

This thread is kind of a perfect microcosm for how certain events are perceived from different viewpoints with or without all the information. This is how I imagine the NPCs in WoW talking about it to one another.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Came in expecting nothing, still disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I recently played Warcraft 3 and TFT again, especially TFT which really gets to show you alot more of Sylvanas and her rise to power.

I will be honest, she is pretty damn evil and has been quite consistant with that throughout. Lets detail a few things she did in her lifetime from TFT to Now:

In the frozen throne, she is freed from Arthas control after Illidan tries to destroy Icecrown with the Eye of Sargeras, this freedom allows her to manipulate the local living populace into helping her defeat the dreadlords that command Lordaeron. She uses her banshee's to possess bandits, ogres, and murlocs into fighting for her and killing her foes. Then, she manipulated Garithos, the not-so-honorable racist human leader of the Alliance of Lordaeron's remenant into helping her defeat Balnazzar and take Lordaeron for her. After which, she forces Varimathras to break a sacred Dreadlord vow and kill his own brother, then, betrays the not-so-honorable Garithos and gives him a justly brutal ending.

She even vows then and there that she will slaughter anyone that stands in her way, being the first footsteps of her rise to power.

She intended to create the plague as early as Vanillia wow and only in Wrath because of Varimathras trechery she was somewhat foiled because he used it against her.
    The plague that was used was heavily modified by putricide EDIT: Nevermind this bold part

In Cata she decides to do alot more than just kill Genn's son and turn Gilneas into a plague ridden fallout 4 wasteland. She also invades Silverpine unprovoked, kills a Kirin'tor village without any justified reason other than needing the magi on her side which sounds more like mind control than free choice.
    Silverpine always has been horde territory, the one who invaded where the gilneans. Now i might be wrong about this specifically, but I believe the kirin tor have no place in being in a horde territory, also she does not mind control the forsaken

In Hillsbrad, you find that her own loyal subjects are going too far for even their own experiments to be acceptable when one of the plagued camps has most of its residents turned into scourge like abominations. She turns Hillsbrad into a swamp of death and disease especially southshore which is permanently destroyed by her plague attacks.
    Thats is war. And if you are talking about the concentration camp -like quest hub that was other peoples doing. Don't try to pin on her crimes of other forsaken. And if it is that hub, Sylvanas codemns that shit and you work with her agent to destroy the concentration camp

She destroys the Alliance there and finishes off the Kirin'tor that remained at the restoration project, then adding insult to injury, she goes to WPL, where the Alliance and Argent Crusade are rebuilding the land, and destroys Andorhal a second time to prevent the Alliance ever rebuilding, and plagues several farms nearby causing the Argent Crusade to grow heavily concerned.
    Andorhal was a warzone, she did not destroy it, she conquered it. Also, the farms were already plagued, though I will admit that i do not remember what happens in that questline

She even captures Koltria just because he tried to save lives by honoring a friendship he had with Thaussaurian.
    Sadly, Koltiras betrayed the cause, he let his personal feelings rule his decision even when he himselfs admit that it was smarter and safer to attack as soon as the lich died. He chose to betray the forsaken by postponing their victory and costing resources and forsaken lives(?) in the process

Finally, she tried to take over Arathi by raising Danath's Nephew and fails, and is thwarted in Alterac when she tries to plague it aswell.
    Again, it was war, in cata the truce had been broken, ofc she will kill enemies, you might be arguing that it was not the most honorable way to kill people, but that does not matter at all.

Her entire storyline was driven entirley by a mad desire for expansion and power at every opportunity. In the novels she tries to kill her -own- sister and turn her into an undead by peacefully convincing her to come to undercity with the plan of murdering her when she arrives. It fails mostly because Vareesa decides she loves her kids too much to go with Sylvanas, which causes her to have a hissy fit and allegedly murder most of Tristfals Wildlife.
    She just hunt a lot to vent, she doesnt wipe out all of tirisfal wildlife, she has been in search of power , but since cataclysm her arc revolves around staying alive and avoind warcraft version of hell, she plainly states that she does not see her people as arrows in a quiver.

And after -all- this you wonder if shes a good guy?
    Oh no, she is not a good guy at all, but she is not as bad as ppl say

Legion has been the first actual sign that Sylvanas has shown a redeeming quality. I think Sylvanas is an interesting redeemed villian if they go down that route because I want her to be like Garrosh, unappologetic and merciless but now that she understands she must lead more than just the dead, perhaps she will finally learn to have unity with the living.

She reminds me of Rick Grimes from walking dead, shes seen some serious shit, shes done some seriously bad things and questionable things. And yet despite all this, Sylvanas may be exactly -what- the Horde needs as a leader, to survive.

Someone that is willing to be an utter bitch to make the people safe. Someone that "will" use the plague without hesitation on the enemies of the Horde and raise their dead to bolster her ranks.

Someone that will intimidate her allies into serving her, in order to protect them and keep them under her banner.

Someone who "will" listen to the guidence of Baine, of Lor'themar and -consider- their proposals, enough so, to be a more accepted tyrant than Garrosh was.

As Vol'jin said it best:

"But you MUST Step outta da shadows... and lead..."

A quote that honestly gives me shivers to this day, that literally was the one thing she needed to hear, that she cant run anymore, she cant pretend she doesnt have a responsiblity to those around her, or to what shes done.

If she is really going to commit to this path, she must do it for the sake of everyone around her, not just herself, and her people.

That, is what interests me, what path will the Banshee Queen take... now that shes been -forced- to step into the light.
    Just some observations on bold. But you are spot on in the last part. She is becoming a lighter shade of grey in this expansion. And I am really excited to see how she will develop.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2016-08-25 at 10:42 PM.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh OP, if you've come to this website looking for people who weren't fanatically insane pro-Sylvanas people...

People don't listen to my own biased opinons! Circlejerk! Circlejerk!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    She intended to create the plague as early as Vanillia wow and only in Wrath because of Varimathras trechery she was somewhat foiled because he used it against her.
    The plague that was used was heavily modified by putricide
    It's the same plague that was perfected by the Forsaken apothecaries in Northrend. They even mention it in the Silverpine quests when they get the shit version approved by the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh I lost that part, It's been a longtime since wrath gate. Thanks man!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

She is lawful evil to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yes she is evil, and yes the Forsaken as a whole are what we would concider evil.

But it's no point to discuss it, there are some people that don't want to hear it.
    We also consider the dutch and their weed cafe's evil but we dont discuss it.

- - - Updated - - -

And why do we need new sylvanas threads every single day? Its the same uninformed bullshit every damn time.

Im gonna start making bait threads about jaina and genn and see you alliance fanboys explode fucking warmonger genn in stormheim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post

Im gonna start making bait threads about jaina and genn and see you alliance fanboys explode fucking warmonger genn in stormheim.
    Those pop up all the time as well, heck there are currently two or three Jaina threads active, she sometimes beats sylvanas in terms of controversy on this forum.

Im so tempted to go back to horde simply cause sylvannas i the best char ever and now shes warchief. Sadly friends play ally and dont wanna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Im so tempted to go back to horde simply cause sylvannas i the best char ever and now shes warchief. Sadly friends play ally and dont wanna go.
    What is stopping from creating an alt, to experience both sides?

she isnot evil, she isnot good either

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    She is a hot princess. She can do whatever she wants and she still will be beloved.
    And hated at the same time.

Come on, there's no need to pretend. The Alliance are just pissed she's the best female character in game and she's Horde, so they try to demonize her so they could justify killing her.

If tomorrow I said, something like "Sylvanas joins the Alliance and loves them" these fanboys would be jizzing all over their screens. They probably wouldn't agree loudly but they wouldn't argue either.