Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Lift free weights + calisthenics combination will help you add some muscle and make sure to top it off with cardio to get the lean shredded look.
    ^^ Though if you do some serious calisthenic exercises like Burpees you might be able to cut the free weights out. Burpees with pushups are pretty brutal.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    I think you should bulk and after a while loose some weight and try to get ripped.

Deleted
    Abs comes from cutting body fat % whichever way you do it, you dont need to be skinny for that. Bulk the fuck up so you are not smaller than your girlfriend lol.

lol 1k calories. start adding more (let's say 200 kcal/day every week) while going hard at the gym. your insuline sensitivity should hit the roofs (i.e. you can add muscle mass without even being on a caloric surplus). once you've found your real maintenance level in terms of how many calories you need daily you can focus on staying lean if thats what you wanna do but if you wanna add muscle you should get on a surplus. it doesn't need to be that big (200-300 a day is enough) but it will keep helping your metabolism a lot. at 63 kgs you should be able to eat roughly 2.2k calories a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really shouldn't be on a 1k calorie diet if you are working out 5-6 times a week, hell you shouldn't be on that diet period, not even if you didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    so im 178 CM, 66kg, ive lost 40 KG total, and been working out in the gym for 8 months now, its me to the LEFT, http://imgur.com/Eo4Ww3t
    been on a 1000 calorie diet with eating 150-300 more on friday/saturdays, Starting to lose faith on those abs and i hate no making any more progress in weights..
    You aren't going to get abs unless you drop to something like 60 kg and after losing 40 kg your body is in a state of shock. You shouldn't bulk or cut currently but rather recomp a bit. Do something like Starting Strength for 6 months and then get on a PPL if you want more bodybuilding or Candito's LP if you enjoy strength training. Don't forget your cardio, eat smart and you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely start doing some core workouts. You are skin and bones. You need muscle. Don't just work out your abs either, the 6 pack and no other defined muscle look looks bad on everyone.

Start eating 2k+ a day and start hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. Don't forget about cardo, try incline cardio/star stepper or elliptical for a better core workout during cardio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

so im 178 CM, 66kg, ive lost 40 KG total, and been working out in the gym for 8 months now, its me to the LEFT, http://imgur.com/Eo4Ww3t
    been on a 1000 calorie diet with eating 150-300 more on friday/saturdays, Starting to lose faith on those abs and i hate no making any more progress in weights..
    Dude WTF 1000 is way to low. Thats competitive.

I am pretty sure you are low on fats like this.
    Jump back on clean bulk whatever cals you need for your body.

Well ive been cutting for a long time but the abs refuse to show, so i may just say fuck it and start to bulk i guess?....
    ermm if he wants to bulk up he needs atleast 2800-3100 cals. his maintenance should be around 2600 or more. I am 1,77 and my maintenance is about 2600 if i am right. could be 2800. Anyways.

If you want to gain muscle do a clean bulk of 2800-3100. Download Myfitnesspall on your phone and put the cal intake in it. remember use a scale to count the numbers that you are taking in. And also KEEP the fats HIGH. Alot of people think fats are bad for you but that aint the case. its important for your natural Test lvl and several other things but you can google that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    ermm if he wants to bulk up he needs atleast 2800-3100 cals. his maintenance should be around 2600 or more. I am 1,77 and my maintenance is about 2600 if i am right. could be 2800. Anyways.

If you want to gain muscle do a clean bulk of 2800-3100. Download Myfitnesspall on your phone and put the cal intake in it. remember use a scale to count the numbers that you are taking in. And also KEEP the fats HIGH. Alot of people think fats are bad for you but that aint the case. its important for your natural Test lvl and several other things but you can google that.

This guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wik...e_same_time.3F) on reddit says that you can still lose fat while gaining muscle when you cut your TDEE by not more than about 7kcal/kg.

I wouldn't even know how much I need to workout with 3.1k kcal/day so it doesn't become fat, lol

You should definitely bulk up. Also keep in mind that theres no universal body fat % where you will show abs, everyone is different and sometimes your body can be a bitch about where it stores fat.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    This guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wik...e_same_time.3F) on reddit says that you can still lose fat while gaining muscle when you cut your TDEE by not more than about 7kcal/kg.

I wouldn't even know how much I need to workout with 3.1k kcal/day so it doesn't become fat, lol
    Proberly 5 times atleast. Just download myfitnesspal and put your macros in it. You can make a game of this.

Deleted
    Bulking and cutting is a load of bullshit that has been pushed by steroid using bodybuilders. Eat enough healthy food to sustain your energy levels and train at a high intensity 5-6x a week focusing on multi-joint movements for years.

Deleted
    I'm 180cm (5'11"), 85kgs and I'm eating 1909 calories a day + 1 cheat day per week on a 'cut'. Cutting is disengenuous really, I'm just shedding 5-8% body fat over the next 12 weeks.

I offset muscle loss as much as I can by taking BCAA's and having 225g Protein a day which only really gives me 130g Carbs and 60g Fats for energy.

1000 Calories a day over such a protacted period of time is just going to cause you to go seriously catabolic. We need more to go on than just "I eat 1000 Calories a day..." What kind of calories are you eating? And with your current height and weight I'd say you need to double this at least and get some muscle back on.

cut or bulk?, halp

3 pages of posts didn't read them all. Here a few questions for you.

1) what is your typical diet?
    2) What is your current macros?
    3) what is your exercise routine now?

From your picture some might call you skinny fat, which could be a result of to much cardio with a huge cut in calories. Which in return gives you the same body you previously had just smaller (there is some debate on this)

I would recommend
    strength training 3-4 days a week
    HITT 1-2 days a week
    Find out what your BMR , correct Your macros, and eat correct amount of calories a day.

And read the link below if you have more questions let me know. I have been lifting for 14 years, and compete in several bodybuilding competitions

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Edit:I would also recommend getting familiar with that site, great information for someone new to working out, and has a decent community

Edit2: also are you taking supplements before your workout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Advantage; 2016-08-31 at 04:47 PM.

]You need to start bulking as soon as possible. I'm exactly your height, at 76kgs and I think I look small - you need to put on some muscle dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    k...5' 10" and around 146lbs...and lost nearly 90lbs...that's an impressive loss.

You can't bulk up if you're not putting anything in, diet-wise. And 1000 calories is far too little. Need a minimum of 3k. For positive weight gain, at least double that.

[/collapse]
    Where are you getting these numbers from? There is no generic number to gain/lose. It varies from person to person based on a number of factors. 6000 is far past what most of the world would need in order to bulk as well. I know people that compete that don't consume anywhere near 6000 calories even when bulking.

I see you have still some fat on your stomach maybe so should lose some more and then start bulking.