Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So ive definitely made the choice to switch mains (sucks too, 11 year priest here). Ive narrowed it down to MW and shammy not sure yet, but hopefully disc gets some changes sooner rather than later (i know people say it never happens, but hopefully disc gets a total redesign in a later legion patch).
    I hope not. Why ruin a great spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    I hope not. Why ruin a great spec.
    I am sure you love it, but i am not kidding when i say this not one single person ive talked to in game say they like disc when i ask them. In fact its more the opposite, hatred and disdain would be proper descriptions.

I am on lightbringer US and in trade chat earlier this morning i proposed "Does anyone feel like priest healing throughput is a little low when compared to the other healers" and literally everyone said "i dont mind holy, but i hate disc".

Again im sure some of you like it, but from my experience you are in the vast minority.

I am sure you love it, but i am not kidding when i say this not one single person ive talked to in game say they like disc when i ask them. In fact its more the opposite, hatred and disdain would be proper descriptions.

I am on lightbringer US and in trade chat earlier this morning i proposed "Does anyone feel like priest healing throughput is a little low when compared to the other healers" and literally everyone said "i dont mind holy, but i hate disc".

Again im sure some of you like it, but from my experience you are in the vast minority.
    Its a good thing that those people and yourself may play Holy if you are wanting to heal as a priest and don't care for disc. Isn't it great having this variety?
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

So is your experience a random trade chat survey or your objective review and direct experience with game play? I'm sure you would agree that decisions based on trade chat anecdote are likely not fruitful. And there is a good amount of experience from many guilds and priest raiders that a disc priest fits very well into a raiding guild's healing team.

If you don't like the spec, that's fine. I've actually decided not to main spec disc also. But your overarching statements of "not a single person" and "vast minority" are quite skewed and unfortunately contribute to the many false impressions people carry about the spec

Public opinion is probably not the best way to judge a spec, especially not a spec that has gotten a bad rep without most people even trying it out or because they ended up together with people who didn't play it properly.

The only ones you should ask are those actually playing priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Public opinion is probably not the best way to judge a spec, especially not a spec that has gotten a bad rep without most people even trying it out or because they ended up together with people who didn't play it properly.

The only ones you should ask are those actually playing priest.
    Well they at least had priest alts, and not a one of them said they liked it. Remember, i was not suggesting "i dislike disc, who agrees! I said i was worried about priest throughput in legion and from that statement at least 6 people carried out a conversation without my interjection for a good 10 minutes about how they did not like disc. This is just a recent example, ive seen this multiple times since pre patch.

Deleted
    Well they at least had priest alts, and not a one of them said they liked it. Remember, i was not suggesting "i dislike disc, who agrees! I said i was worried about priest throughput in legion and from that statement at least 6 people carried out a conversation without my interjection for a good 10 minutes about how they did not like disc. This is just a recent example, ive seen this multiple times since pre patch.
    I have the exact opposite experience.
    Different strokes I guess. Either way there are plenty of "pure" healing specs for those who want that. So there is zero reason to change disc.

here is my issue: so much of these forums have been spent debunking rumor, hearsay, and false impressions about disc. And your post just adds to the misinformation. What exactly are you contributing to the priest forums by saying your trade chat doesn't like disc?

If you take away all of the baseless negative comments about the spec here, you will see that the most common feedback is that disc is fun! And it really is! If you like to heal because you like the burden of awareness and anticipation in your group's play, disc fits perfectly with that style of gameplay. And you have plenty of beta Disc healers who are saying and demonstrating that disc is very viable in Legion endgame.

Now if you want to discuss your throughput concerns about Disc here, go for it. But don't make it harder on those priests who want to play disc and play it well, and have to try to convince underinformed raid leaders that they should be allowed to play a very viable healing spec

Disc is probably not the best spec to play as an alt though considering it's not that easy to play, so that probably affects their experience. Especially since the kind of people that talk in trade chat probably aren't exactly the best players usually.

Also a lot of bad disc players are probably just sad that they possibly lost their raid spot due to the new changes changing the spec from the easiest healing spec to the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    here is my issue: so much of these forums have been spent debunking rumor, hearsay, and false impressions about disc. And your post just adds to the misinformation. What exactly are you contributing to the priest forums by saying your trade chat doesn't like disc?

If you take away all of the baseless negative comments about the spec here, you will see that the most common feedback is that disc is fun! And it really is! If you like to heal because you like the burden of awareness and anticipation in your group's play, disc fits perfectly with that style of gameplay. And you have plenty of beta Disc healers who are saying and demonstrating that disc is very viable in Legion endgame.

Now if you want to discuss your throughput concerns about Disc here, go for it. But don't make it harder on those priests who want to play disc and play it well, and have to try to convince underinformed raid leaders that they should be allowed to play a very viable healing spec
    Baseless? I don't like any of the mechanics of disc gameplay, literally none (except maybe penance and barrier). The way you type is like the only opinion that matters is yours.

They either needed to take atonement the whole way and given disc more damage abilities, or they should have went ham with shields and mastery and tons of cool absorb stuff that would have went over nicely with the community. Instead they took a middle ground that from what ive seen only a small percentage of the populous truly enjoy playing.

Again i couldn't care LESS about performance of the spec because i know the devs are good enough in 2016 that there will not be a spec that is unplayable, i am completely talking fun factor when i made this thread.

Deleted
    Baseless? I don't like any of the mechanics of disc gameplay, literally none (except maybe penance and barrier). The way you type is like the only opinion that matters is yours.

They either needed to take atonement the whole way and given disc more damage abilities, or they should have went ham with shields and mastery and tons of cool absorb stuff that would have went over nicely with the community. Instead they took a middle ground that from what ive seen only a small percentage of the populous truly enjoy playing.

Again i couldn't care LESS about performance of the spec because i know the devs are good enough in 2016 that there will not be a spec that is unplayable, i am completely talking fun factor when i made this thread.
    Absorb focused healers don't work. The disaster that was WOD disc pretty much showed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Absorb focused healers don't work. The disaster that was WOD disc pretty much showed that.
    No, that means that particular absorb spec didn't work great in that particular expansion. I can think of a bunch of different absorb mechanics that would play out nicely in a multi disc raid, and i am not even a creative person nor getting paid for my thoughts....imagine what paid devs could come up with.

Deleted
    No, that means that particular absorb spec didn't work great in that particular expansion. I can think of a bunch of different absorb mechanics that would play out nicely in a multi disc raid, and i am not even a creative person nor getting paid for my thoughts....imagine what paid devs could come up with.
    Care to tell us about them?

You're very welcome to share your opinion of course. And you did say you were worried about priest throughtput in Legion. It was only the wave of discontent from your trade chat that you were referencing that I have issue with. That is what I find baseless.

I'm a little surprised at playing priest for 11 years that you don't like holy. Yes, it's maybe a little too straightforward, but it's a great toolkit that is really versatile and effective. And while it doesn't have the pure throughput of resto Druid for example, the overheating is among the lowest (of course my gear right now is haste/crit so small EoL) Yes I know you can call it heal sniping but it complements other healers well and fits really well in a raid healing roster.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    You're very welcome to share your opinion of course. And you did say you were worried about priest throughtput in Legion. It was only the wave of discontent from your trade chat that you were referencing that I have issue with. That is what I find baseless.

I'm a little surprised at playing priest for 11 years that you don't like holy. Yes, it's maybe a little too straightforward, but it's a great toolkit that is really versatile and effective. And while it doesn't have the pure throughput of resto Druid for example, the overheating is among the lowest (of course my gear right now is haste/crit so small EoL) Yes I know you can call it heal sniping but it complements other healers well and fits really well in a raid healing roster.
    Holy is almost as bad of a design as disc, of all the healing specs it is in my opinion priest have the two worst designed. Holy revolves around two spells that have long cooldowns that are reduced by casting other spells.....just to have them come up just in time that you dont need them anymore.

I am honestly not this negative of a person, i just really am not happy with either healing spec....thats why im going shammy or MW for legion. I did not want to change mains at all, blizzard forced me to.

I just gotta ask many of the people in favor of disc (or even holy), do you not play other healers? I think many of you are just so tied to your character you have no other choice but to like it, this is exactly the situation where i am glad i level all my toons to max level before an xpac....you never know whats gonna happen.

I just gotta ask many of the people in favor of disc (or even holy), do you not play other healers? I think many of you are just so tied to your character you have no other choice but to like it, this is exactly the situation where i am glad i level all my toons to max level before an xpac....you never know whats gonna happen.
    I play every healing spec, and I enjoy disc the most. It is the most engaging and I believe it is very strong when played correctly. I don't care for holy much, so I don't play it unless I need to.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Izzirez View Post
    I play every healing spec, and I enjoy disc the most. It is the most engaging and I believe it is very strong when played correctly. I don't care for holy much, so I don't play it unless I need to.
    To each their own i suppose, i would just really like to see a breakdown of how popular disc is a month into the xpac does anyone know of a site that tracks this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't like the new *my class here*.
    I'm not a fan of a lot of the changes personally.

But I appreciate the efforts to make each spec unique, so I'm okay with it.

I really thought I'd like the new survival spec, turns out I don't.

Deleted
    Yeah with the addition of CD discs over Floppy discs i haven't been able to adjust to them either. I always found Floppy discs more reliable and sturdy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the MoP version of disc was a lot more fun, so was wotlk. Disc feels very un-fun to play now.