Poll: Should Zul'jin come back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Zul'jin be brought back as a hero/leader?

(HORDE BROKEN SHORE SPOILERS BELOW)

The baddest Troll to ever live, turned into a raid boss and killed. I believe him, along with Illidan, are the only two characters in WoW deserving of the 'resurrection and redemption' arc. I would love to see them bring him back somehow. Have him rally and lead the remaining Trolls to prosperity. Maybe he joins the darkspear. Maybe he unites all peaceful troll kind under the darkspear banner. How would they do this? Maybe have Vol'jin cut a deal with Bwonsamdi in the after-life to give Zul'jin a redemption chance. Troll-kind would love to fall under his banner. If the darkspear die off then there are no honoring the darkspear Loa. Or maybe he just survived or faked his death. I just want the coolest Troll mofo back.

Thoughts?

No. Why does he need a redemption story? The only thing they should do is maybe make him a spirit that helps later, in maybe a troll raid or something. Let it go.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    No. Why does he need a redemption story? The only thing they should do is maybe make him a spirit that helps later, in maybe a troll raid or something. Let it go.
    Because it was a waste of a character. Have his redemption be getting along with the Elves. He can hate the Humans, but him and Lor'themar learning to like each other like a old cop movie where the officer and private don't get a long but learn to accept each other would be great.

Deleted
    Yeah. Yeah, he totally should. All Troll Fans I know love Zul'jin.

We had more than enough ressurections and redemptions, I'd rather have them focus on developing new characters than bringing up dead and bad guys from the past just to please the crowds. Maybe it's time to give Rokhan more spotlight now?

Bring him back....to do battle in The Nexus!
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Nope, the Amani hate the Elves and everyone else. They worked with the Horde but wouldn't do so again in its current configuration and lore wise we just spent the past 12 years massacring them, the Zandalari and every other tribe bar the darkspear. No reason for him and them to want to join the Horde.

Nope. Killing him was the price of getting the slut elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could make a new character. Worked pretty well with Lei Shen at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    They could make a new character. Worked pretty well with Lei Shen at least.
    Unfortunately, when they came up with Lei Shen they basically said "Let's have something worth of Warcraft 4, an actual, honest to god rival for the Scourge and potential enemy of the Burning Legion in some alternate reality" but what we got was a single patch and everything was gone.

It was like if Cataclysm was just patch 3.4.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Zul'jin was only a Horde hero specifically because they agreed to help him kill the elves, and he left as soon as Doomhammer was defeated because the Horde could no longer fulfill that promise. The idea that he should stop hating the elves, but that it's okay to hate humans - who he really never had any specific animosity to - is absurd. You are literally asking for a 180 on his entire character just for the sake of getting him in the Horde, despite the fact that he really wouldn't be Zul'jin anymore. At that point, he'd be just another axe-wielding troll, only with a famous name.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to throw Vol'jin a bone before anything else.

As we all know, death is only the beginning for Shadow Hunters.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Unfortunately, when they came up with Lei Shen they basically said "Let's have something worth of Warcraft 4, an actual, honest to god rival for the Scourge and potential enemy of the Burning Legion in some alternate reality" but what we got was a single patch and everything was gone.

It was like if Cataclysm was just patch 3.4.
    Even so, he was still pretty great when he was there, thing is he was intended as a villain not a character to develop over time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I liked Zul'jin, perhaps we thought we killed him in raid but he feigned death and laid low

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think Zul'jin's story was told well and reached its conclusion well enough - if he was brought back I'd personally prefer it as an aside or a brief spot, perhaps dealing with the spirits of legendary Trolls from the various tribes. Reserve the living hero/leader roles for new or existing characters.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish he hadn't been killed off in the first place, but I have to say no more resurrections, Blizzard has played that card too many times.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Because it was a waste of a character. Have his redemption be getting along with the Elves. He can hate the Humans, but him and Lor'themar learning to like each other like a old cop movie where the officer and private don't get a long but learn to accept each other would be great.
    I don't think you know who Zul'jin is.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just gets me thinking that there could be a storyline where Vol'jin and Zul'jin's spirits, together with Bwonsamdi, pick out a new troll to lead the Darkspear, and Zul'jin's influence leads what's left of the Amani to join the Horde--wherein the Darkspear complete their journey, going from the tribe that was the whipping boy of the troll tribes, to the point they were chased out of Stranglethorn, to the tribe the others rally behind once it's clear the Zandalari only want to return to the glory days for their own pride and power.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I can see them bringing him back in spirit form alongside Vol'jin whenever they decide to bring Vol'jin back. I don't see them resurrecting him completely.