Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Uh I didn't call you an elitist because you have a different mindset. I called you an elitist because the hostile way in which you replied as if anyone but a mythic raider is a complete dumbass. That's called being an elitist. And oh boy have you proved it.
    So what do you call someone like yourself who is purely hostile and refuses to accept all rationale and fact, and who goes out of their way to make bait threads?

I call that a retarded troll. I'll settle for elitist in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    That's really cute and everything, and if you don't care about being optimal then that's also really cute. But I raid mythic and I will sticking to the best spec which is Outlaw. I enjoy outlaw anyway, if you're gonna be raiding LFR and heroics in a casual ish guild then any of the specs are viable
    inb4 outlaw nerfed into the ground, while all your AP spent into cursed blades
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love for people to quote me in this thread where I have been..what was the word you all used? "unaccepting of others opinions"? Please, dear god, quote me.

No. You trolls entered this thread with condescending remarks and attitudes that anyone other than a mythic raider is a plebian who afk's in LFR and is a retard. Like, I can't believe you people are so full of yourselves that you actually attempt to enter my thread and derail it with your nonsense when the very nature of my thread is welcoming and was meant to be a good read to some.

If you don't like it, don't post. Your attitude of "i'm gonna derail you herp derp" is so asinine and immature it's laughable. I can't believe you idiots are mythic raiders and your guild masters put up with your entitled nonsense.

The very nature of my post even insinuates that you should be able to play what you want. How about you actually read it before posting nonsense. All I said was that for me, since I am NOT a mythic raider, I will be rolling what's fun. How is that not EXPLICITLY the opposite of not being accepting of others opinions?

Reading comprehension will make you a better raider.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

ya but we dont care for your opinion or thread so why post it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you do realize that you still get energy from rupture AND garrote and you get more of it
    I do, but when I logged on my rogue after the prepatch the energy regen was much slower in my experience. I found out I like subtlety as well though, so will just be playing that in Legion

I'd really love for people to quote me in this thread where I have been..what was the word you all used? "unaccepting of others opinions"? Please, dear god, quote me.

No. You trolls entered this thread with condescending remarks and attitudes that anyone other than a mythic raider is a plebian who afk's in LFR and is a retard. Like, I can't believe you people are so full of yourselves that you actually attempt to enter my thread and derail it with your nonsense when the very nature of my thread is welcoming and was meant to be a good read to some.

If you don't like it, don't post. Your attitude of "i'm gonna derail you herp derp" is so asinine and immature it's laughable. I can't believe you idiots are mythic raiders and your guild masters put up with your entitled nonsense.

The very nature of my post even insinuates that you should be able to play what you want. How about you actually read it before posting nonsense. All I said was that for me, since I am NOT a mythic raider, I will be rolling what's fun. How is that not EXPLICITLY the opposite of not being accepting of others opinions?

I think you should chill and stay away from the Internet for awhile, I imagine a heavy breathing red faced angry person while I read this post. If you notice everyone in this thread regardless of whether they are being bullies or not have all been saying the same thing and you're ignoring that which is, " play what you want, but in mythical outlaw will be played the most, most likely." Literally can't simplify what every person in this thread has been saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right. That is what everyone said. Add in a bit of heavy handed condescension and elitist attitudes and you're spot on.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    Actually, he can post whatever he wants. Internet's free, who are you to tell to someone what he's allow to post and what he can't ?
    This is the rogue forum, I actually don't give a shit about what spec OP want to play for legion, but still I don't see why he could not make a thread like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    Isn't that the basic purpose of forums? To discuss opinions on things? If something is factual, there's no discussion to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    I do, but when I logged on my rogue after the prepatch the energy regen was much slower in my experience. I found out I like subtlety as well though, so will just be playing that in Legion
    but it really isnt slower :P you get 10 energy/sec compared to the 3,5 you used to
    exsanguinate also speeds things up every 45 seconds
    and the more mobs you have rupture on the faster it is compared to the old one :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Isn't that like me saying inb4 Assa doesn't get changed and neither does outlaw so I spent all my AP on an optimal spec for mythic a raids? Like what do you add to this?

You're right. That is what everyone said. Add in a bit of heavy handed condescension and elitist attitudes and you're spot on.
    But i sure hope you stop soon being so condescending and elitist. You're never too old to learn!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully support your desicion and want to give a reminder to you and everyone who reads this post.

Do not see heroic as something inferior compared to mythic, cause it is not.

So called DPS checks-best specs are just excuses for obsessed people to force their way to others. I have watched countless raids wipe because people died to individual mistakes. I watched countless wipes on so called farm bosses when people overgearing the shit out of it while having multiple kills, because they were lazy.

Blizzard done a bad job at balancing specs at the past. Especially WoD Legendary Ring disaster that made burst damage only viable option.

But players must consider what I am about to say now, very seriously.

World Quests, Mythic+, Raids, all are different progression paths that require different approaches and they all reward you. To do all of them you need more playtime and it will be a huge burden on player, If they choose a spec that they do not enjoy.

It really does not matter when you are burnt out in the middle of tier because of Unholy when you wanted to play Frost but you couldn't stand up to guildies and supressed to a state where you, in a videogame, do something that you do not enjoy.

Let those guys correct themseves before emposing any specs/talents build to others. A good player will do fine regardless of the spec that he plays.

There's been a lot of fuss over the recent Assass nerf, which I am inclined to admit was pretty obnoxious and perhaps a bit too heavy handed. Before the nerf, I was personally committed to maining an assass rogue. After the nerf, I'll admit, I was a bit shaken by it. Outlaw seemed more and more the "in" spec, everyone flocking to it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

But I am not. I am maintaining my stance, and am for sure maining assass. Why? Well, because it's fun, and I enjoy it.

I really do not think that Outlaw is going to perform so much better than Assass as to make it completely unviable. Yes, in the past, this has been the case. It's been a very long time since Assass was king of the mountain, but that doesn't matter to me anymore.

I just hope people realize that this game should first and foremost be about one thing, and that's enjoyment. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be playing. That just creates negativity, bias, and eventual burnout. For the longest time it really bothered me that Assass wasn't #1 and almost completely irrelevant. But not anymore.

With the recent class overhauls, and artifacts, I am fairly certain Assass won't be so far behind as it previously has been. A fully decked out rogue with a Legendary item and a powered up artifact should be a force to be reckoned with, I have no fear. So for that very reason, I am deciding to not main the thing that might plausibly put out the most DPS, but maining the spec that I am the most comfortable with, and the spec that I actually truly love, and that is

Assassination

Come, my sleuthy brethren. Bask in the blood of your gouged enemies and nay-sayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    there's no point in spending more than 18 points in it tho until you have high knowledge enough to get to blunderbuss quickly

the dps difference between 18 and 26 points for outlaw is like ~5k
    whereas for sub it's 25k for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Just go Agi Versa Crit and spec Bloodlet and you will do almost 40k dps. Gonna have a good ole time laughing at the elitists and their tryhard Fel Rush specs XD
    Throw throw throw your glaive, gently down the stream!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

People reasonably tell you why your choice is a bad one (and it is) and you can't accept that so you break down like a child.

After ten years as a main.... I gave up on rogue. All the unneeded changes, then the recent nerfs to anything fun. Rogue doesn't feel fluid anymore or pushing buttons rewarding. I enjoyed the simplicity of the olden days when muscle memory could play the specs. Blizzard has really messed up rogue and hunter. End of story. Don't play one if you want things to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    People reasonably tell you why your choice is a bad one (and it is) and you can't accept that so you break down like a child.
    Amen, thank you.

Deleted
    Except, with todays nerfs, and the buffs to the legendarys that assassination will use, it outright beats outlaw in single target dps. Goodjob

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    "My view is the right view and anybody disagreeing is an elitist"

The femi-sjw side of wow.

You came with your /mylife thread nobody cares about (really, you should keep that for your friends and/or guild), accept people not agreeing with it.
    Your comment literally adds nothing to the discussion. I guess mine doesn't either, but at least I'm not foaming about imaginary "SJW side of WoW". You care enough to cry about when someone gets called an elitist (and rightly so after that hilariously worded post about cuteness and how tough he is raiding mythic). I guess you're in a similar mold seeing your need to defend that stance.