Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't be proud of your country, but please buy my 49ers shit and keep coming to see my games to show your pride in your team :^)

Always entertaining to watch the scum come out the woodwork to defend their own ilk though.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody upset about this guy refusing to stand for the anthem can fuck right off. National pride is ridiculous. This is coming from an Army veteran, too. Yes, we have it quite good here compared to some countries that have it genuinely rough. That does not make America immune to criticism, and to watch you people get so bent out of shape about a football player not wanting to stand up for something he doesn't believe in is hilarious.

Cry. Harder.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennard View Post
    Anybody upset about this guy refusing to stand for the anthem can fuck right off. National pride is ridiculous. This is coming from an Army veteran, too. Yes, we have it quite good here compared to some countries that have it genuinely rough. That does not make America immune to criticism, and to watch you people get so bent out of shape about a football player not wanting to stand up for something he doesn't believe in is hilarious.

Cry. Harder.
    Criticizing people who protest based on poor and vague arguments is entirely valid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Protesting systematic racism while playing in a league full of multi-millionaire minority players... effective.

Certain group(s) of people lagging behind socially/economically and pointing fingers of blame at everyone else, while failing to address (or even acknowledge) the problems within their own culture is now: systematic racism. Gotcha. Thanks for your blindly Liberal and progressive insight Endus.
    Apparently a person is not allowed to be concerned about the racism shown to poorer minorities because they're a wealthy one.

White nationalism everyone.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

They why are you living in it?
    Kaepernick wouldn't even have a voice if it wasn't for the NFL. What a clown for trying to overplay his hand now that he is no longer a star.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Cry. Harder.
    you seem bent out of shape about other people getting bent out of shape

cry harder

also this is just a ploy for capernick to gain some publicity before the season starts and his ass gets benched all season, i mean where was all the support, say 6 months ago?

Cry. Harder.
    He has his right to freedom of speech to not stand for the anthem, I have mine to criticize him.

Cry.Harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Protesting systematic racism while playing in a league full of multi-millionaire minority players... effective.
    It would be slightly more funny if it was Russel Wilson who did it

Quote Originally Posted by endlesswaltz View Post

cry harder

also this is just a ploy for capernick to gain some publicity before the season starts and his ass gets benched all season, i mean where was all the support, say 6 months ago?
    IKR

Let me know when the 49ers have a team that stands a chance of making it to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by endlesswaltz View Post

cry harder

The last part of your post was along the lines I was thinking as well, He has deals with a few sponsors, Jaguar(may be a local dealership thing not sure) ,Beats ...are the ones I can think of at the moment, Since he will NOT be the starter ,for now, this season...he needs to pimp his sponsors names some how ...no such thing as bad pr etc etc.

But ...he also has the "right" to do so, poorly even.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire ceremony we have for the national anthem is frankly, silly. The critisism we give people who dont do it properly, let alone people hwo dont do it at all, is entirely fanatical and irrational. These "Patriot my way or you're a loser who should move elsewhere" is entirely symptomatic of a polarization, and frequently come form people who have nothing else to offer society. So I find such critisisms form them worthless half the time.

Doesnt mean Kaep isnt an ass. He is. One of the biggest in the NFL, and this just screams attention needy. After the Gabby DOuglas shitackery though, I dont give a crpa about national anthem ettiquete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's only disrespectful to the country itself, and the reason he clearly described; that country's failures to address issues with systemic racism.
    Alleged.
    Which is certainly reason to choose to not show respect to that country, in protest.
    No its not.
    Only if its intentional.
    If the US had apartheid laws then yes, but the US do not, everyone is against the issues, but nobody knows how to solve it (quite possibly because the issues are not what people think the issues are).

The only people such a peaceful protest could "push away" are blind nationalists who would never be convinced by any argument or evidence against their nation in the first place.
    Yeah because there are no black nationalists.

@OP - Well its orders of magnitude better than black lives matter at least.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-08-27 at 08:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The entire ceremony we have for the national anthem is frankly, silly. The critisism we give people who dont do it properly, let alone people hwo dont do it at all, is entirely fanatical and irrational. These "Patriot my way or you're a loser who should move elsewhere" is entirely symptomatic of a polarization, and frequently come form people who have nothing else to offer society. So I find such critisisms form them worthless half the time.

Doesnt mean Kaep isnt an ass. He is. One of the biggest in the NFL, and this just screams attention needy. After the Gabby DOuglas shitackery though, I dont give a crpa about national anthem ettiquete.
    Etiquette is a matter of formal vs informal protocol, as opposed to expressing political messages. This is based on him specifically stating he doesn't stand based on nonsensical vague claims of oppression. Simply saying "I was meditating for the game" would make more sense than his stated reason.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-27 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Etiquette is a matter of formal vs informal, such as forgetting protocol, as opposed to expressing political messages. This is based on him specifically stating he doesn't stand based on nonsensical vague claims of oppression. Simply saying "I was meditating for the game" would make more sense than his stated reason.
    Except knowing people, he;d stil get shit on for not standing for it. Douglas got shit for not having her hand over her heart. Many people tend to act like complete jerks when it comes to the anthem and stupid ettiquete.

but like I said, Kaep is an ass. I dont buy his reason, as I honestly think he did it for attention because he has ALWAYS been a drama queen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except knowing people, he;d stil get shit on for not standing for it. Douglas got shit for not having her hand over her heart. Many people tend to act like complete jerks when it comes to the anthem and stupid ettiquete.
    Yeah maybe, but each incident should be judged on its own separate merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah, but each person and incident should be judged on their own merit.
    which doesnt happen. People start screaming about being unpatriotic for every little thing, and "move out if you're so unhappy" for every single criticism of America, even if said criticism is warranted. I find such people worthless to society.

He can protest as he feels he should, maybe he will start donating his salary to assist the oppressed blacks he is so concerned about.

on the other hand, here is someone that thinks the anthem is something worth respecting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olym...ksi?li=BBnb7Kz

I believe the playing of the national anthem at sporting events a is a good thing, it's something that is supposed to symbolize unity, regardless of political affiliation or even sports team preferences.

If you can't stand during the anthem, it tells me that you don't believe in the basic unity that is supposed to bind us as Americans, for better or for worse.

Anyway, it's his freedom of speech to not stand, which is fine. It's also my freedom of speech to call him out on it. It's also my right to let the NFL know that I think he's a dickbag and that as long as he's on the team I will not watch 49ers games, or patronage businesses which advertise during 49ers games.

- - - Updated - - -

but like I said, Kaep is an ass. I dont buy his reason, as I honestly think he did it for attention because he has ALWAYS been a drama queen.
    theres a difference between ignorance of etiquette and being a ass. Gabby made a honest mistake, which I don't think is that big of a deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    which doesnt happen. People start screaming about being unpatriotic for every little thing, and "move out if you're so unhappy" for every single criticism of America, even if said criticism is warranted. I find such people worthless to society.
    Suggesting that people leave a place that oppresses them is common sense. Their alternative is to make strong arguments on specifically how to solve the claimed oppression problem. Kaeperinick hasn't done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I believe the playing of the national anthem at sporting events a is a good thing, it's something that is supposed to symbolize unity, regardless of political affiliation or even sports team preferences.

If you can't stand during the anthem, it tells me that you don't believe in the basic unity that is supposed to bind us as Americans, for better or for worse.

Anyway, it's his freedom of speech to not stand, which is fine. It's also my freedom of speech to call him out on it. It's also my right to let the NFL know that I think he's a dickbag and that as long as he's on the team I will not watch 49ers games, or patronage businesses which advertise during 49ers games.
    Oh I'm fine with it playing at sporting events. I just think its silly to judge a person's patriotism or loyalty by standing vs sitting. I think I'm just honestly fed up with the radical right and their "patriotism my way or you're a loser" crap that they tend to pull all the time.

Protesting is just as American as the anthem anyways, and not standing at leats doesnt harm anyone or block anything.