Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

How shitty will the launch be?

Have Blizzard made any countermeasures for the eclectic boogaloo launch day? You know what i mean, 8 hour queues and world server down shenanigans.

No, the only thing that's gotten better is less bottlenecks in lvling since there are 4 zones to choose from + instanced artifact quests.
    Also the new CRZ tech.
    but world servers down, queues and immense lagg? It will be there believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Have Blizzard made any countermeasures for the eclectic boogaloo launch day? You know what i mean, 8 hour queues and world server down shenanigans.
    Has Blizzard ever once had a successful launch?

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your server, you're going to have long queues, and the world server will likely drop a couple times.
    That said, with them moving on to "shard" tech (multiple instances of the same zone) you wont have to deal with the entire server being on the same quest and it taking an hour for a kill quest.

Don't login at midnight and expect flawless play
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    less bottlenecks
    they learnt from wod launch
    hopefully we dont get a ddos on the same day

we can only hope... but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I really hope their model with scenarios for every spec (artefacts) and every zone to choose from will help with huge bottlenecks. But I have been wrong in the past and if they manage to crash Scenarios (I reckon Order Halls will work similar to garrison servers, which could crash as well), I wouldn't be surprised, if we experience dalaran for quite a while.

That being said - I sure as fuck hope, they learned from the past. Yes, I say this every Blizzard Launch but a man has to have hope.

Deleted
    Why buy an extreme amount of servers that are useless after 48-72 hours?

Deleted
    Cataclysm and MoP had smooth launches but people seem to forget that. The reasons behind WoD's shitty launch don't exist in Legion, so there's no reason why it won't be playable.

As for server queues they increased the capacity of all the servers, you'll still get queues but they'll be a lot smaller than you've experienced in the past.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen any game launch that didn't have issues, unless it was some game that barely had any people interested in the first place.

I feel like it's getting better with each expansion (besides the infamous Frostfire Ridge bottlenecks), but that might just be me

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Cataclysm and MoP had smooth launches but people seem to forget that. The reasons behind WoD's shitty launch don't exist in Legion, so there's no reason why it won't be playable.

As for server queues they increased the capacity of all the servers, you'll still get queues but they'll be a lot smaller than you've experienced in the past.
    I disagree with the MoP one, though I don't exactly recall having too much problems with Cata...
    For MoP I sat 4 hours waiting for the bottleneck first airship quest that bugged out a houndred times.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    less bottlenecks

So many people just trying to play the game will be it's own ddos attack

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

And yet shit seems to always happen lol, it just a fact of life

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be better. They increased server size, they added overflow servers/phasing, and they mitigated a lot of the bottlenecks for leveling. But with that said, we all know how bad the previous have been and how likely Blizz is going to get DDoSed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    less bottlenecks

Several Dickbag groups have already announced they intend to ruin the launch, a lot of them are banned overwatch cheaters.

It sucks that there isn't really any effective way you can prepare for it on blizz's end. It's going to hit them, hard, and all you can do is react to it and hope they get bored after a day or so and attack something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    stop saying shit you clearly know nothing about. their cataclysm launch was great, and so was the launch of overwatch.

not saying there's not going to be lag, but to me you just seem like a little hating nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Also the new CRZ tech.
    but world servers down, queues and immense lagg? It will be there believe me.
    I'd presume given the new tech it at least shouldn't be as bad as wod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    stop saying shit you clearly know nothing about.
    Sure great all around but well I owe my thanks to that great launch - class realm first wouldn't have been possible otherwise
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-08-28 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Several Dickbag groups have already announced they intend to ruin the launch, a lot of them are banned overwatch cheaters.

It sucks that there isn't really any effective way you can prepare for it on blizz's end. It's going to hit them, hard, and all you can do is react to it and hope they get bored after a day or so and attack something else.
    Which sucks, cause a lot of us were hoping to hit 110 at certain points, but when assholes ddos already unstable servers...

it just ruins everything.

I have a very reliable source (cousin's sister's dad's son, who is a janitor at blizz) that Blizzard™ has acquired DDoS Protection from Alienware™

You didn't hear this from me.

Whenever you utter the word launch it means you are also uttering the word problems. THE LAUNCH WILL HAVE PROBLEMS. Now some of them are hardly noticed, others are noticed by some and not others, and some will crash the servers/game and bring the back up. You can also have a good launch or a bad one. Good ones still have problems though. With all that aside you are also going to the DDoS attacks and networks being worked harder than usual by legal traffic. Best to just not talk about the DDoS stuff or discuss it because truth be told the only reason to DDoS shit is to also creep around forums on the internet and see what people are saying and giggling at how many people you triggered over it as far as I can tell. It is basically the trolls dream because if it was really designed to hurt Blizzard I doubt it would be fan forums and official forums filled with normal people that don't work for Blizzard upset about it but rather we would have a broke and bankrupt Blizzard, and we know that hasn't happened (has only seen profits skyrocket).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Cata and MoP launched perfectly on my EU server.