Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I understand not allowing them in schools, government buildings, or places where security needs to see peoples' faces like malls and arenas.

But trying to extend that to some weird demand that Muslim women must never where them anywhere is extreme. So to keep Muslim men from dictating how women dress, you'll have European men dictating how they dress instead?

I don't like niqabs or burqas, but if a woman wants to wear them, and it's in her home or out and about doing errands, that's her business, not anyone else's.

This issue brings out an ugly blend of anti-religious, anti-immigrant, and anti-women sentiments in some people.

In southern European countries traditionally women often wear headscarves akin to hijab when going to church. What's next, telling these women it's "not European culture" and they have to stop doing so after more than a thousand years?
    No woman "wants" to wear a bee keeper's suit. Muslims are all indoctrinated at a young age and they follow their oppressive culture to a T. Do you actually believe muslim woman have a choice of what to wear in many muslim countries? The burka represent much more than a security risk it represents the servitude of an entire gender and it's disgusting.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-08-28 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    I understand not allowing them in schools, government buildings, or places where security needs to see peoples' faces like malls and arenas.

But trying to extend that to some weird demand that Muslim women must never where them anywhere is extreme. So to keep Muslim men from dictating how women dress, you'll have European men dictating how they dress instead?

I don't like niqabs or burqas, but if a woman wants to wear them, and it's in her home or out and about doing errands, that's her business, not anyone else's.

This issue brings out an ugly blend of anti-religious, anti-immigrant, and anti-women sentiments in some people.

In southern European countries traditionally women often wear headscarves akin to hijab when going to church. What's next, telling these women it's "not European culture" and they have to stop doing so after more than a thousand years?
    Stupid queues...

The ban is either global or it isn't. The goal of niqab and burka is to hide the face of a woman from the male gaze (sounds familiar?!) - that's the justification it's supporters bring up.
    If you require them to unveil themselves in schools, banks and elsewhere - you defeat it's purpose. And apparently to the fanatics who endorse them, that's a sin of sorts.
    Or are you going to deny them the work position based on their clothing in order to not make a culturally, ''religiously'' based exemption to the law?
    Honestly, how far are we supposed to go to appease a minority? Who adapts to whom? The hosts to immigrants to immigrants to cultural, ethical norms of their hosts?
    Integration, by large, is a one way street. Niqab and burka actively pull the hand brakes in the middle of the traffic.

Don't be obtuse. Hijab and niqab/burka are two different things. What a silly comparison.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7230cecf; 2016-08-28 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    No woman "wants" to wear a bee keeper's suit. Muslims are all indoctrinated at a young age and they follow their oppressive culture to a T. Do you actually believe muslim woman have a choice of what to wear in many muslim countries? The burka represent much more than a security risk it represents the servitude of an entire gender and it's disgusting.
    So instead of women deciding for themselves what they should wear, European men (for the most part) should instead dictate that for them. Ok.

Deleted
    So instead of women deciding for themselves what they should wear, European men (for the most part) should instead dictate that for them. Ok.
    Yeah, let's forget that ~50% of the population those European countries... got to push that narrative, eh?

We're not telling them what they can wear, we're telling them what they can't wear. You think it's a coincidence that all muslim woman wake up and decide to all wear the same outfit? You only believe muslim culture is alright because it is fringe in europe but if 50% of the population were wearing these oppressive outfits you would have a different opinion. What a twisted religion that shackles their woman in such dictatorial way.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-08-28 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Yeah, let's forget that ~50% of the population those European countries... got to push that narrative, eh?
    But are 50% of the lawmakers and nationalists demanding such things women?

- - - Updated - - -

We're not telling them what they can wear, we're telling them what they can't wear. You think it's a coincidence that all muslim woman wake up and decide to all wear the same outfit? You only believe muslim culture is alright because it is fringe in europe but if 50% of the population was wearing these oppressive outfits you would have a different opinion.
    Buddy, I come from a country that was enslaved to Muslims for over 500 years. I am no fan of anything Islamic. I just don't think it's right to be so intrusive in the lives of citizens.

Deleted
    yeah - Women don't have suffrage.

Deleted
    I don't know.

You, however, do appear to know...

I'd like your reply to the other post I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    I don't know.

You, however, do appear to know...

I'd like your reply to the other post I made.
    I don't care about it being global or not. I'm fine with mandating the face not be covered for security reasons in government buildings, but I won't extend that to peoples' homes or businesses, where they should be free to decide how they dress in their home or what dress they'll accept in their place of business.

Burka is not to protect women. It is to protect the man who beat their wifes up so that the blue and green beating marks arent seen in public. The majority of beaten up wifes are muslimic in Central Europe. Its part of islamic culture to beat (or even shoot their wives) for lowely reason, for example muslim wife speaks another opinion of back talk to her husband : She gets the shit beaten out of her later at home. Ad wedding ceremonies, bridefather gives husband a gun and a bullet, with the obligation to shoot his wife (the daughter of the gift-giver) if he objects to him in any way.

U modern society town folks have no clue about how backwards islamic staff, and how old-fashioned their mindset actually is.

Basically its a sign of slavery, and is perseved as such by must islamic women.

Damascus in the 80 / 90ies: No women wears it. Damascus today: All women have no face.

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy, I come from a country that was enslaved to Muslims for over 500 years. I am no fan of anything Islamic. I just don't think it's right to be so intrusive in the lives of citizens.
    You are from a country that was enslaved by muslims. Wow the irony, you realize the position you're arguing? You're advocating for the inhuman treatment of woman. Woman do not have rights in the muslim world I'm sorry to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets stop men from telling women how to dress by telling women how not to dress.

Brilliant!
    Putin khuliyo

You are from a country that was enslaved by muslims. Wow the irony, you realize the position you're arguing? You're advocating for the inhuman treatment of woman.
    No, I'm arguing for people having the right to dress however they wish when allowable. I'd argue the same for anyone. No one on this forum can accuse me of being pro-Muslim, unless they're a special brand of dumb. I just don't believe in dictating every aspect of citizens' lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So lets stop men from telling women how to dress by telling women how not to dress.

Brilliant!
    By using the same rational too! Its for the stability and security of women and our culture!

My favorite is when they act like this is a position that feminists should be taking.

Brilliant!
    Islam =/ Men

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    By using the same rational too! Its for the stability and security of women and our culture!
    It's nice to see someone was capable of seeing that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Islam =/ Men
    Who do you think came up with those rules?

Islamic men.
    Putin khuliyo

Who do you think came up with those rules?

Islamic men.
    Islam is the word of God not man, or so they say. Good try though.

good... that should stop the criminal indians from hiding that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "The Contracting States shall as far as possible facilitate the assimilation and naturalization of refugees."
    yes as far as possible facilitate - Its not by any means necessary, but - It does say, as far as possible - facilitate the assimilation of them.

Holy fuck, where did you learn (or better: not learn) how to read?
    That's what it actually says.
    It clearly tells you what the state must do.
    It does not tell you what the refugees must do.
    I don't care what the refugee does - I just say that the state is to assimilate the refugee.
    Its obliged too.
    And even then, this would only apply to refugees.
    Yeah fun fact, non refugees are not protected by the refugee charter - Fancy that.