Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Which zone to start leveling?

I have not played in beta, so I have no idea which zones are the best. Although, I don't really care about the rewards. But which one is the most beautiful? Like, old Nagrand, etc.

i wasnt in the beta either but going to valshara i enjoy nelf lore. Also, will be staing away from azsuna for a little bit until the min maxers finish getting bottle necked doing the profession stuff.

The closest you'll get to Nagrand pretty is probably Azsuna.

Stormheim and Highmountain are a bit more desolate in comparison, and Val'sharah has loads of forest, some looking not so pretty.

A very subjective question though, hard to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started looking into this today and I am stuck between Val'sharah and High Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    You will have to do each zone, I believe, in order to advance your artifact and the story. If you level normally, you should also be in the final leveling zone by the time you reach 110. So it doesn't really matter too much where you start. But if you do want to start on the most beautiful zone, you should just Google some screenshots.

You'll have to examine your order hall campaign questline. For example for paladins it would be best to start at Azsuna since the order hall campaign starts with quests in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    You'll have to examine your order hall campaign questline. For example for paladins it would be best to start at Azsuna since the order hall campaign starts with quests in that area.
    And fire mage?
    /chars
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-08-29 at 09:02 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    And mage?
    /chars
    And fury warrior

Deleted
    Another piece of advice: Start in the least popular zone. You'll have to do all the zones anyway, and starting in the least popular one (presumably Highmountain) will have some benefits. Fewer FPS drops due to fewer people around, less lag (perhaps, although it will lag pretty badly in the beginning anyway), and you won't have as much trouble killing quest mobs. But since people will spread out pretty evenly anyway, this doesn't make too much of a difference. But I guess every little bit helps.

EDIT: Another benefit of starting in the least popular zone: Your questing experience will only increase when you change zones, instead of diminish. Azsuna is probably my favorite zone, which I will keep for last.
    Last edited by mmoc4df2ab8a0e; 2016-08-29 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Another piece of advice: Start in the least popular zone. You'll have to do all the zones anyway, and starting in the least popular one (presumably Highmountain) will have some benefits. Fewer FPS drops due to fewer people around, less lag (perhaps, although it will lag pretty badly in the beginning anyway), and you won't have as much trouble killing quest mobs. But since people will spread out pretty evenly anyway, this doesn't make too much of a difference. But I guess every little bit helps.
    New phasing system. If everything work as it worked in beta there will never be too much people at the same spot. Never really had to wait for completin a quest even though the are was completely full.

As I understand it, Stormheim is the hardest zone, so it makes sense to start there since your gear from WOD will be OP. There after I plan to do my professions so azsuna

Deleted
    BS/LW/tailor rank 3 bracers require exalted factions, which are found in different zones. If you're aiming to get those (Obliterum forge), you might want to start in a zone that gives your profession the required recipe.

I might be wrong.

I plan to let the story lead me, and just follow along intuitively. If I could know which will have fewer other players, I'd go that way.

Deleted
    Just a few question:

1) For a Ench\Tailorer - where is suggested to start from?

2) In genreal, where the expansion "start" supposed to be? Stormwind somewhere? (for Alliance side)

Which zones do the Havoc, Frost DK, Fury Warr, Ret class campaigns start in ?

Having done beta this is my take on the four levelling zones..

1. Azsuna - the starting quest is next to a demon infested area - but after that it's mostly grass plains, a large river inlet, night elf ruins, quite a few caves... fairly easy levelling zone. The main story involves the ghost night elves and their history (especially with Azshara)

2. Val'sharah - has a lot of very green forest areas, but also a large area affected by the nightmare and a big fortress. The main story involves the night elves and their ongoing conflict with xavius though there are some sub-plots as well.

3. Highmountain - very rugged zone with some very (surprise surprise) high mountains and a lot of caves. The journey up the biggest mountain is spectacular (it is not part of the main quest lines but a lot of profession quests go there). The main story is about the history of a number of tribes of Tauren. Some really good lore in this zone.

4. Stormheim - great zone with a lot of new lore. There's some great quests here that are highly entertaining. Is a very hilly zone - and involves scaling mountains for one quest chain.

The max level zone (suramar) is the biggest and most scenic - but that only unlocks at level 110 (although miners get a profession quest to go there much sooner and there's a levelling quest that sends you to a cave off the coast - the flight for which takes you over suramar with some commentary).

Deleted
    Can you actually go into Suramar before you're max level or will you be teleported out (like Tanaan Jungle in the beginning of WoD)?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Which zones do the Havoc, Frost DK, Fury Warr, Ret class campaigns start in ?
    There is a class order hall campaign... they have some common elements - e.g. at 100 you get yr artifact, at 101 you get a quest to get two followers (these are often in your order hall or where you did your artifact quests), these start missions which will unlock research and other things, there is a set of missions marked with an exclamation mark that are part of the order hall campaign, at 103 you will get a quest for two more followers, there will be some other order hall quests after that like collecting resources (generally not based around a particular zone)...there may be some dungeon quests - they vary a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Can you actually go into Suramar before you're max level or will you be teleported out (like Tanaan Jungle in the beginning of WoD)?
    You can go into suramar at level 100 - there's a few roads in. It is reasonably safe on the main road from Azhuna. There's a mining quest to go there that you can open up at level 100. There's nothing else I am aware of that you can do there till level 110 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    BS/LW/tailor rank 3 bracers require exalted factions, which are found in different zones. If you're aiming to get those (Obliterum forge), you might want to start in a zone that gives your profession the required recipe.

I might be wrong.
    You only need the rank 1 recipes to unlock the forge - while they are not always simple to get they can be got soon after max level and not after a reputation grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    You only need the rank 1 recipes to unlock the forge - while they are not always simple to get they can be got soon after max level and not after a reputation grind.
    I see. Some guide I read had some misinformation then. Good to know, though.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-29 at 10:02 AM.