Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The country isn't paying him that money. The NFL does(more specifically the 49ers). Last time I checked they're two very different things. And, again, the number 1 foundational law protects his right to do exactly what he's doing. People like you who suggest he's somehow wrong to do what he's doing are being very, very un-American and should just move to Russia already.
    Sure- it's within his rights to not stand during the National Anthem, whatever.

It's also within anyone's rights to walk around calling everyone they see an asshole.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's right and it doesn't mean it's not disrespectful.

And anyone who wants to punish him for this is very unamerican. Gtfo.
    I mean, there's civil disobedience, and then there's this attention grabby bullshit.

I too enjoy hearing about oppressed minorities from multi-million dollar contracted sports entertainers.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2016-08-29 at 03:33 PM.

meh, peacetime...
    wait until its global warfare, you may feel differently!
    you will have other experience to base your opinion on.
    you may find a new understanding

Is mocking someone for thier choice of actions...punisment now?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    For not standing? Jeez.
    also because hes a hippocrite. was charged 11k for calling a guy a f*cking n*gger on the field

Does he donate any money towards those he considers oppressed?

Is it "unamerican" to think "gee, this guy doesn't get us much value as a sponsor if people don't like him" and not seek him with an endorsement deal or lower his offer if you do? Is it "unamerican" to spend your $75 off 49er fan jersey money one of the other 52 members of the presumptive roster* who you don't think is a douchebag who dislikes your country?

*I point out presumptive roster because... even before his object lesson in public relations, there has been a growing thought that he'd be cut before the season, since he's failed to beat out Blaine Gabbert and they have Christian Ponder as a viable back-up. Would cutting him be unamerican now, too?

This country was founded by people that rebelled.

I use the time people are saying the pledge or singing the national anthem to remember my family members and others who served. I find saying a pledge or singing the national anthem to be a bit too nationalistic for me. Colin Kaepernick has right to not stand as long as he's willing to deal with the public backlash considering his chosen profession.

Care to provide evidence that this will hurt his value as a backup QB? They aren't selling points buddy. Also, he hasn't lost any endorsement deals as of yet. Again, stop acting like he hit a woman or killed a dog. If those things don't prohibit players from playing this shouldn't even make a team bat an eyelash.
    It's been about 12 minutes, so, no, nobody has dropped him yet. Of course, he doesn't exactly have a crapton of major endorsers anyway since he's been in a performance freefall for a couple years. Going out looking for reasons for the NFL consumer to dislike him personally isn't going to help, is my point, and it's not "unamerican" for people to vote with the pocketbook against people they think are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I want you to take a second and recognize that you're getting upset that someone kept sitting where they were sitting. There is no "controversy" being driven save by those who want to get upset that someone was sitting down. The horror.
    Endus, don't you know you can't just cite facts and rational thinking when you're talking about acts of peaceful protest? All responses must be made in the form of frothing white-hot rage at the audacity of the protestor to not accept the status quo.

7+ Year Old Account
    millions in his bank to help but he's gonna sit on his ass instead, sounds about right.

Why not get together with all those players and fund education, or help to stop promoting thug culture.

but yeah sit there , GREAT JOB

10+ Year Old Account
    The country isn't paying him that money. The NFL does(more specifically the 49ers). Last time I checked they're two very different things. And, again, the number 1 foundational law protects his right to do exactly what he's doing. People like you who suggest he's somehow wrong to do what he's doing are being very, very un-American and should just move to Russia already.
    What i meant is that in the US he's a millionaire, he's famous, and because of the NFL (an American organization) he can continue to be these things. Go to some other country and what does he become then? A nothing.

And he is wrong whether you believe it or not. He's not wrong for not participating in the anthem as I already said that I don't have a problem with it's his reasoning that is totally ignorant. So you mean to tell me that I'm un-American for wanting people to come together rather than labeling people and being divided?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I find it ironic that the majority of people complaining about this are the same people who run around claiming everything is too PC these days.

*shrug*

Except they ruled he never said that while reducing the fine by 50%.
    they fined him 6k for not saying anything wrong? lol have you seen the video? he absolutely said it

- - - Updated - - -

With his athletic talents he could have grown up in many countries and been a successful athlete. The US doesn't have a monopoly on rich athletes.

Again, how is he wrong to exercise his first amendment rights? You saying he is just shows you hate America and what the anthem stands for. Him sitting shows he loves this country enough to try to fix it.
    I agree sitting on ones ass is the most effective way to fix something

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I find it ironic that the majority of people complaining about this are the same people who run around claiming everything is too PC these days.

*shrug*
    The irony. Wouldn't be the first tbh.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that there is a legitimate concerns to be examined(specifically with police and minority relations) but I do not believe that this is the correct platform to express those concerns. Are we really so entitled that we have forgotten the reason to respect the NATIONAL ANTHEM and our nations flag? DO NOT USE our flag and our anthem as something to generate buzz. It stands for somethings much greater than that and if you use it as a way of getting your name in the paper you are stepping on the backs of thousands that have sacrificed everything for our Country. Thousands have sacrificed their limbs, minds, and lives for your freedom and yet you want to ignore their sacrifice so you can make a cute point? NO! Thousands have died to give you the right to pout and sit on your ass so if that is what you want to do then by all means do it but understand the level of disrespect and entitlement you are showing to make your ignorant statement.

The median household income for the global population is less than $10,000 a year.
    Children in Rich Countries Only Face a 1 in 165 Chance of Dying By Age 5. In Extremely Poor Countries, Their Chances Are 1 in 6
    Ultimately Cap if you feel something needs to be done try doing something other than sitting on your ass

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Nobody is arguing that he CAN'T do it. He is a professional athlete. He does not need to protest in such a grotesque manner when he already has a platform and a soap box to stand on to express his views. Why spit in the face of our nation to do so when he can simply hold a press conference and speak his mind on the matter. It makes no sense how he is going about this. He can champion the cause of oppressed minorities without the theatrics and PR nightmare that he is creating.
    Grotesque? The national anthem wasn't official until 1931, and the pledge of allegiance, 1942. I suppose up until that point you believe the country, was a; grotesque, nasty, and grubby country?

Too bad for the first century and a half, people were to busy farming and living daily life, and taking care of their families to worry about how best to stand in front of a piece of cloth.

What horrible people they must have been. They didn't need such rituals then to be real Americans, and there's no real reason for them now. Except for people to pretentiously use them to protest or on the reverse, cry about said protests.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-08-29 at 04:46 PM.

It isn't a PR nightmare. Only dumb dumbs are upset by this.
    I think he is acting like a 6 year old who was told he can't have another scoop of ice cream. Oppression in the US is such a joke.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account

man can i get some of that oppression

like i want to be oppressed

REALLY OPRESSED

fuck man why couldnt i been a black dude. god fuckin' damn it all to horseshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    The strawman is real with this one.....
    What strawman? Everyone uses that word as a defacto, I can't handle what your saying so... strawman!

The fact that you said someone sitting was grotesque? Was he disfigured? Did he insult your religion's figurehead and/or god? What hideous display did he do to rile so many people up?

The strawman is very real when so many are very offended because he didn't stand for 60 seconds. I know I too had to shield my eyes and I hope everyone at home diverted their children's eyes, so as to not witness the carnage....

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why doesn't he protest by not taking money from the NFL who plays the anthem in the first place? Donate his entire paycheck to BLM.
    That would require him to actually believe in what he's saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

*shrug*
    I don't think you understand what PC is.