Thread: Resto Druids

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Druids

How are you guys planning on leveling? Straight out the gate getting dps wep? or healer then getting dps @ 102? Idk what the hell to do

Hey! I have been reading about this a little, and I think I am going to personally get the healer artifact at 100 and keep my Moonkin kit talent and dungeon/level that way. I want to be able to keep healing through 100-110 and don't really want to wait for 102 to get the healing staff. I am not sure what affinity you are going with but Balance will be mine.

I was probably just going resto, I wasn't planning on the off spec mumbo jumbo that people have been spouting on about. With affinity, I really won't be doing much at all for off spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Lvl as Feral with 13 point in its wep, then start spending power in resto wep.. resto lvling will take you longer and is really boring

Deleted
    I'd say that generally leveling as guardian is the fastest of the four specs. As DPS you're basically condemned to fighting 1 or 2, maximum 3 mobs simultaneously and you're going to have quite some down time. As guardian you basically just pull the alloted amount of things for your quest, aoe them with thrash and swipe and you're still coming out of the fight with 90% hp.
    Don't worry so much about additional artifact quests being a waste of time. You're not going to come out ahead because you saved yourself the 30 minutes of doing another artifact quest and leveled as resto instead.
    Other people will probably say (and I somewhat agree with them): At launch the quest zones will be so incredibly overcrowded that it most likely won't make too much of a difference and you can just jump around tagging things with moonfire. Yes, BUT (and that's a big but) keep in mind that you're not done doing quests at 110. The suramar quest line is big chunk of what you're going to do after hitting 110 and, while the situation with overcrowding will be a bit similar to leveling, doing those quests as resto is going to be a major pain in the ass. World quests are maybe a bit better in that regard, but still... just get an off spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Takstol View Post
    Lvl as Feral with 13 point in its wep, then start spending power in resto wep.. resto lvling will take you longer and is really boring
    Regardless of what spec you're going to level (well except resto of course) in that's how I would recommend to do it. The amount of Artifact Power you're spending for the first 13 traits in a weapon is basically a drop in the ocean compared to what comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerpaul View Post
    Hey! I have been reading about this a little, and I think I am going to personally get the healer artifact at 100 and keep my Moonkin kit talent and dungeon/level that way. I want to be able to keep healing through 100-110 and don't really want to wait for 102 to get the healing staff. I am not sure what affinity you are going with but Balance will be mine.
    If you're dead set on leveling as resto I'd recommend any affinity but the moonkin one. As other people in this forum have pointed out about the only useful thing about the moonkin affinity is the range increase. Unless moonkin affinity is for some reason miles ahead in the fun department for you, don't take it.

Yeah I think I will just level balance and save all my + for resto wep

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerpaul View Post
    This is pretty much exactly what I plan to do. I'll probably grab one of the dps weapons at 102, so I can switch to that if leveling gets too slow or if I get above 14 points, but I'm primarily going to level resto.

Thanks to Shyama for the Signature

I am going to pick up the boomkin artifact at 100 and stockpile all of the artifact power items in my bags. In my experience, 99.9% of AP came from items; very few quests applied AP directly to the weapon. At 102, I will pick up the resto druid artifact weapon and use all of my AP items into it, and then continue to level as boomkin.

I did a few quests as resto on the beta just to see how it was, and even with the boomkin or feral affinities, it was god awful. The damage is no where near as high as playing one of the DPS specs. AoE damage is severely lacking and without the artifact spells, it was not enjoyable. The boomkin spell is particularly entertaining - a gigantic moon comes crashing from the sky, and with my mythic HFC gear, it would one-shot large groups of enemies.

P.S. If you are planning on using a DPS spec for questing, make sure that at level 110, you switch your loot specialization to resto. Many tears were shed by our healers and tanks when they received a DPS legendary after opening a world quest cache or defeating a dungeon boss in the wrong spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    I am going to pick up the boomkin artifact at 100 and stockpile all of the artifact power items in my bags. In my experience, 99.9% of AP came from items; very few quests applied AP directly to the weapon. At 102, I will pick up the resto druid artifact weapon and use all of my AP items into it, and then continue to level as boomkin.
    That's what I was planning to do as well. Since I wasn't able to really test it out - is it actually okay to do it this way? I mean leveling without upgrading the weapon? I'm a bit scared I'll mess up my resto artifact by wasting stuff early on. Or will I be rather save, as long as I switch loot specialization to resto?
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Boomkin weapon at 100, pick up resto at 102. Will likely get 10 to 13 points into the boomkin weapon before dumping everything after that into the resto weapon. It's economical as fuck to do it this way because the first 12 or 13 points are drops in the ocean but beyond that it's expensive. But the main reason for me doing it is resto leveling is just a bore. Then on top of that slow. I don't plan to shotgun level by any means but dropping 10 casts per kill sucks.

Deleted
    I've only been reading up on resto so my knowledge on boomkinds are limited. Would this be the 13 traits to pick for balance leveling?

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...QVAUGAFBkBUOAQ

Ye would be nice to know since ill also pick up moonkin wep first then do resto 102

I was wondering, please do correct me I am wrong. If we get the 13 points of the leveling artifact while leveling, can we get the 13 points of the healing artifcat before start doing dungeons? Because if not, we need to store the leveling AP for healing artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    I was wondering, please do correct me I am wrong. If we get the 13 points of the leveling artifact while leveling, can we get the 13 points of the healing artifcat before start doing dungeons? Because if not, we need to store the leveling AP for healing artifact.
    It won't make that much of a different, really. Especially before Heroics/Mythics. Don't think too hard about it. The artifact ability is better than anything before the first dragon trait. The ones in between are just some icing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    That's what I was planning to do as well. Since I wasn't able to really test it out - is it actually okay to do it this way? I mean leveling without upgrading the weapon? I'm a bit scared I'll mess up my resto artifact by wasting stuff early on. Or will I be rather save, as long as I switch loot specialization to resto?
    You won't mess it up at all. On the beta, I did put 13 points into boomkin as others have suggested but I waited until I had two major traits unlocked into resto. I think that on live, I will get those 13 points right away because they really are incredibly inexpensive. Once you've unlocked a little bit of artifact knowledge, a single dungeon will give you enough AP for those 13 points.

Even if you don't put any points into the weapon, the artifact spell alone is worth it. You'll also get enough relics from leveling to have some equipped in both weapons. The only downside to using a weapon with less AP is that you have slightly less health (each point gives you a certain amount of extra HP), but I wouldn't worry too much about it; the premade characters started at item level 680 on the beta, and most of us have much better gear than that on live.

Edit: Setting your loot specialization to resto while leveling will not impact artifact power. The items are not bound to a weapon when you receive them. You simply right-click the items when you have the correct weapon equipped. You can't equip an artifact weapon without being in the correct spec, so once you're ready to use the items, you'll switch to resto, equip the weapon, and right-click the AP items.

Loot spec while leveling will impact quest rewards. You will receive spec appropriate trinkets and relics. You won't be able to see what trait the relic is buffing unless you are in the right spec though, so I still ended up having to physically swap to resto to grab the quest rewards that I wanted for healing. I typically chose to pick up DPS trinkets and relics early on, then swapped to resto for the last few levels.
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2016-08-29 at 04:44 PM.

So, can anyone give me a ELI5 version of the multi-artifact leveling? I'm still on the fence if I'll level as moonkin or fluffy bear (has Moonkin leveling been improved for the expansion? I found it was pretty sub-par previously), and pick up my Resto artifact at 102, but I don't fully understand how the talents and points are given out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    You won't mess it up at all. On the beta, I did put 13 points into boomkin as others have suggested but I waited until I had two major traits unlocked into resto. I think that on live, I will get those 13 points right away because they really are incredibly inexpensive. Once you've unlocked a little bit of artifact knowledge, a single dungeon will give you enough AP for those 13 points.

Even if you don't put any points into the weapon, the artifact spell alone is worth it. You'll also get enough relics from leveling to have some equipped in both weapons. The only downside to using a weapon with less AP is that you have slightly less health (each point gives you a certain amount of extra HP), but I wouldn't worry too much about it; the premade characters started at item level 680 on the beta, and most of us have much better gear than that on live.

Edit: Setting your loot specialization to resto while leveling will not impact artifact power. The items are not bound to a weapon when you receive them. You simply right-click the items when you have the correct weapon equipped. You can't equip an artifact weapon without being in the correct spec, so once you're ready to use the items, you'll switch to resto, equip the weapon, and right-click the AP items.

Loot spec while leveling will impact quest rewards. You will receive spec appropriate trinkets and relics. You won't be able to see what trait the relic is buffing unless you are in the right spec though, so I still ended up having to physically swap to resto to grab the quest rewards that I wanted for healing. I typically chose to pick up DPS trinkets and relics early on, then swapped to resto for the last few levels.

If I loot a relic with Balance spec on will I be able to use it with my resto artifact?

I haven't had any issues doing quests as Resto w/ G'Hanir and Balance Affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by neepz View Post
    If I loot a relic with Balance spec on will I be able to use it with my resto artifact?
    Depends on the relic, blood relics only fit in blood slots for exemple. You need to see if balance and resto have any slots in common. I'm leveling as guardian and what I would do is, get guardian relics until lvl 108, change loot specialization to get resto relics and get to 110 ready for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelath View Post
    I haven't had any issues doing quests as Resto w/ G'Hanir and Balance Affinity.
    i am also doing this

and i'm doing fine.

i can solo any rares and group quests. i'm sure other specs can but as a resto specced druid im doing fine