Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    sylvanas technically could have killed Genn at any point if she did what she did in gilneas.

banshee wail(which apparently the WoW version stuns and stops spell casting) and then shoot him in the head.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    That's true, Genn was even moving slowly, and If I recall correctly he was found unconscious by Gilnean forces later. Plot armor at its best I guess.
    Plot armor? No waiii, only Sylvanas has that. She's also immune to consequences and never loses. Anyway, laughing at Krazy and his kin aside, the fight in general was also showing that Blizzard is unaware what powers they wrote Sylvanas to have. No banshee scream to fuck him over before he even finished talking (would be hilarious to watch him flop from that ceiling; also, on unrelated note, as I mentioned before she should have used that to call the retreat at Broken Shore too).

Same with phasing. I mean, while in another thread where I discussed it with Zulkhan we did agree it may have some activation time or cooldown and most likely would be dangerous to use in the heat of battle (although going back to the source it mentions her being able to use it "at will" and being compared to Kitty Pride from X-Men who can use it in combat and has no limits on when she can phase in or out), Genn was monologing before the fight started giving her ample time. Same with them gaining distance after Genn landed a blow and they stared at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Saying that the Forsaken have the right to occupy Lordaeron as they do right now, just because they were it's citizen during their lifetime, is like saying that a resurrected king Thoradin deserves to rule half the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Strom didn't rule half of the Eastern Kingdoms.

An undead high elf can't have any claims on Lordaeron.
    Sure she can, she led civil war against Arthas and won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    By having Genn do this, Blizzard also saved her actually. Whenever a character becomes too powerful, Blizzard kills them off or nerfs them beyond recognition. This might open a path for a redemption story, although they'd need two or three expansions to redeem her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I suppose a long-ass cloak he usually wears is indeed not the most stealthy outfit, but what about the pants? Removing them wouldn't have as much of an impact, but it would still give some bonus to sneakiness.
    you just want to see his ass ...admit it ADMIT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It seemed more frustration than actual rage at first. Like she couldn't think at anything else but her precious chance slipping away from her hands.

I think it would have made sense for her to turn around and shoot arrows in rabid rage right after she started clenching her fist, where the rage clearly kicked in, but since the attention wasn't focused on Genn anymore at that point, it's hard to say if he would have been an easy target or would have just reacted to Sylvanas' rage by going Worgen and rushing out of the room.
    Last time a precious chance slipped through her fingers she went into murderous rage. And sure, she focused on Eyir at first and was shocked about what happened. And at first focused on her in case Eyir was in mood to fight with Sylvanas. But after Eyir teleported, she still stared into empty place and then calmly talks with player. While Genn slowly limps away and drops unconscious on the way (which also doesn't lend much to Genn's capability to be a hard target at that point). In character behavior for her would be going after him (if he managed to even get out of her range) and rip him a new asshole or twenty.

Speaking of sense and arrows, it didn't make much sense in the first place that one of the best archers on Azeroth, who in Legion cinematic shoots almost one arrow per second, was slower to shoot Genn dead than he was to swing his arm (the wounded one no less) with enough force to smash the lantern to bits.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Genn was monologing before the fight started giving her ample time.
    True, but it wasn't clear until the very end from where Genn was going to ambush. When it became clear it was too late.

If there's one thing I found rather weird if not slightly funny is how Genn kept talking during the whole fight and even paused few seconds before jumping and scream "FOR MY SON!" and I remained surprised how Sylvanas basically stood there and took Genn's claws in the face.

I guess that's the kind of thing explainable as "cinematic need", Genn needed to say something cool before jumping instead of doing that right away and Sylvanas needed to stay there and take the blow in the same manner she would have took it if Genn would have simply jumped on her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

True, but it wasn't clear until the very end from where Genn was going to ambush. When it became clear it was too late.
    Well, following the Kitty Pride-ness and being able to use it at will, I am skeptical to there being a limit on how long she can stay in it.

If there's one thing I found rather weird if not slightly funny is how Genn kept talking during the whole fight and even paused few seconds before jumping and scream "FOR MY SON!" and I remained surprised how Sylvanas basically stood there and took Genn's claws in the face.

I guess that's the kind of thing explainable as "cinematic need", Genn needed to say something cool before jumping instead of doing that right away and Sylvanas needed to stay there and take the blow in the same manner she would have took it if Genn would have simply jumped on her face.
    The whole thing is plot induced stupidity. And hell, the players are there. What do we do? Just jerk off (to Sylvanas hur hur hur)?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Probably because it has no relevancy to what I said broseph. Even if, in your best SDF white knight suit, you chose the worst possible individual for her to try and enslave (Let's for arguments sake say the Lich King), that doesn't change anything about the morality of what she's doing.

You seem to keep implying the Val'kyr are our enemies. And they aren't.

The sperging is fantastic.
    Do people over 12 use the word sperging?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    Yes, Gilneas. Gilneas wasn't an Alliance power when the Horde attacked.
    Yeah, Gilneas was attacked unprovoked by Garrosh, he forced the Forsaken into that fight, it was fight to get the Warchief a new naval base or go against the Warchief and the whole Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole thing is plot induced stupidity. And hell, the players are there. What do we do? Just jerk off (to Sylvanas hur hur hur)?
    I think we don't get in, as far as i know, we get trapped outside

Also....

Genn can be kind of sexy too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Also....

That old man still has some charm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If you had the chronicle book you would understand. He Murdered Heyla and created the Val'kyr because he was mad the titans chose the dragons over him to protect Azeroth. as a tldr version
    Wow, someone can't handle losing very well

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Do people over 12 use the word sperging?
    Keep in mind that the person you asked hasn't left diapers mentally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I think we don't get in, as far as i know, we get trapped outside

Also....

Ah, I see, didn't know that. Didn't get the chance to play Legion yet so only went by quest text, which mentioned that we were the ones to open the way in in the first place.

Why is the warchief there alone?

Odyn is a douche but heyla was corrupted by loken and dont forget the old voids work for the void lords, i would like to see a redemption story for both parts, also even heyla dont want the world where she live be destroyed by space monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The players were technically there as well. But stuck outside... or something (I have not actually had a chance to play yet, but I am going to do this area as my first quest zone.)
    Just did the quest, it is weird that the player is not there.

Technically, player is the one who has the formal invitation, which seems to cause the lift of the barrier so Sylvanas can also enter.

The player gained the invitation by receiving four blessings from Eyir, and in the process inevitably killed many shield maidens of Eyir...
    Another key factor is the player just helped the Queen of Val'kyr, who seemed to be an important figure serving Eyir. She arranged the audience between player and Eyir as she deemed the player 'worthy'...

So the only explanation for the absence of player is we feel guilty for doing this....

Quote Originally Posted by Bievahh View Post
    It is up to date, the book you are getting your info from is months old, but whatever I'm done with this cause you are clearly one of those people that won't give in even with proof and facts shown to you
    lol

Chronicles are official Blizzard lore, Wowpedia pages are fan updated open source pages. You're literally saying that your head canon is official lore and Blizzard is wrong. Helya was asked to be the first Val'kyr and she said no, so Odyn killed her and resurrected her and made her do the same to the other early Val'kyr. While the position may have become a point of honor among Vrykul and is voluntary now, that was thousands and thousands of years later.

The entire point of Chronicles was to establish the official lore after years of retcons and general weirdness. It is not going to be thrown out four months later. Especially considering the first official appearance of either character was just today.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    the only explanation for the absence of player is we feel guilty for doing this...
    Or they were distracted Or sylvanas told us to go outside, or we fought the Alliance PC or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Odyn is a douche but heyla was corrupted by loken and dont forget the old voids work for the void lords, i would like to see a redemption story for both parts, also even heyla dont want the world where she live be destroyed by space monkeys.
    She wasn't corrupted by Loken. She resented Odyn for thousands of years and Loken offered her a chance at revenge. She's not corrupted at all, she just turned pretty evil after thousands of years of living in torment because she was betrayed by Odyn.

Deleted
    Well... i did say she was still up to no good in Stormheim when people said she was on a redemption arc from beeing made warchief. Now we can talk about it without beeing a spoiler. She has always been looking after numero uno. The horde isn't her main concern.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 7.1.

I must say something though. I see people defending the idea that the forsaken should have a way to proliferate... but really... they are the undead. They belong back in their graves, not fighting wars with the living. I don't see the Undead dieing out as a bad thing. Its a good thing for everyone including themselves.
    I mean... they are a playable race, so they will always exist in limited numbers like many other races.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-31 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    She wasn't corrupted by Loken. She resented Odyn for thousands of years and Loken offered her a chance at revenge. She's not corrupted at all, she just turned pretty evil after thousands of years of living in torment because she was betrayed by Odyn.
    But his alliance with loken she was expose to the void energies and kinda amplified his hatred to odyn, but you know odyn is a follower in the warrior hall so i dont think he will die but heyla in other hand...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    hey belong back in their graves, not fighting wars with the living. I don't see the Undead dieing out as a bad thing. Its a good thing for everyone including themselves.
    all of that, opinion. Not fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol