Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    FDA and DEA have very little credibility. They list Pot as a Schedule 1 drug ... that puts it in with Heroin and Cocaine! I rest my case on that point.

The other being; if you don't like Pot, Kratom, Caffeine, Cigarettes, ect ... then DON'T do them! Making harmless plants illegal is a violation of my personal freedoms. I will be breaking that law out of spite.
    Your refusal to acknowledge the organizations as credible or adhere to the laws they help establish and enforce is irrelevant.

Guess theres a legitimate reason 1/4 our population is incarcerated.

I'd really love to know the person or group that has influenced you dumb fucks to believe the best course of action when fighting the government and its laws is to simply not obey them.

Despite the fact that the American Kratom Association has and is attempting to fight this change in court on behalf of themselves and those that benefit from Kratom.

Perhaps your best course of action would be to write the judge that might hear that case. Or write the DEA or FDA or one of our next president. Organize a protest or your own organization to combat the lack of credibility you perceive in the DEA or FDA. Better yet become part of either organization and fix it from the inside.

"Nah breh, I'm gonna go hide in my room and get high on this dank shit out of spite and see if I get caught. Fuck da poliz!" Fuckin idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard of kratom before. whats the fuss about?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Your refusal to acknowledge the organizations as credible or adhere to the laws they help establish and enforce is irrelevant.

Guess theres a legitimate reason 1/4 our population is incarcerated.

I'd really love to know the person or group that has influenced you dumb fucks to believe the best course of action when fighting the government and its laws is to simply not obey them.

Despite the fact that the American Kratom Association has and is attempting to fight this change in court on behalf of themselves and those that benefit from Kratom.

Perhaps your best course of action would be to write the judge that might hear that case. Or write the DEA or FDA or one of our next president. Organize a protest or your own organization to combat the lack of credibility you perceive in the DEA or FDA. Better yet become part of either organization and fix it from the inside.

"Nah breh, I'm gonna go hide in my room and get high on this dank shit out of spite and see if I get caught. Fuck da poliz!" Fuckin idiots.
    Any organization that thinks pot needs too be put on Schedule 1 is a stupid organization out of the gate. Why should I respect anything or believe much of anything else they say? Most of the time they are lobbied into making laws ... just like this one is likely brought on from Big Pharam because it was a very VERY cheap and much safer alternative too real pain killers. If they told me the sky was blue ... I might actually question it.

ANd yes, dumb laws - such as this - should be broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    never heard of kratom before. whats the fuss about?
    I have cause family members have bought it to deal with their... pain. Family members with a history of drug addiction. Personally, I'm happy to see it gone. People shouldn't need "pain killers". I had hernia surgery and never took pain killers. Besides it slows down the healing process. If you have constant pain then you should be on disability, and stay home to heal.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2016-09-02 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FDA and DEA have very little credibility. They list Pot as a Schedule 1 drug ... that puts it in with Heroin and Cocaine! I rest my case on that point.
    Actually, it puts it above cocaine. Cocaine is schedule 2.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yes, if you're smoking 20 joints everyday for 20 years it's going to have some negative affects
    20 joints everyday? So you are clueless as expected. Please go on with that prohibitive ramble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I have cause family members have bought it to deal with their... pain. Family members with a history of drug addiction. Personally, I'm happy to see it gone. People shouldn't need "pain killers".
    Wow, people like you are the literal cancer of the world. The reason why criminal prohibitions still exist in 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Partysaurus Rex;42163903]In regards to Kratom, for the people this effects who had a viable solution for whatever ailed them... this sucks. But the DEA and FDA have valid reasons (as the study shows) for at least temporarily halting its use and distribution./QUOTE]

The study shows? Its what information bubble do you live in?
    The one where all the legit scientific researches prove that cannabis has multiple health benefits while the DEA says it knows better since its budget and very existence depends on these substances being prohibited?

Drug arguments on the internet ALWAYS amuse me. People practically go anti-vax levels of drawing lines in the sand. Speak against the panacea that is marijuana or kratom or whatever else... HERESY!! BIG PHARMA!!!! GUVMANT CONSPEEERSEEE!!!11

I'm not even going to bother wading into the quagmire that is people's silliness concerning drug usage, most are too entrenched to budge until something in life kick starts them into another direction.

Just because your vices are personal doesn't make them off limits.
    Plants/natural arguments are pure retardation, either the substance has objective problems or it doesn't.
    DEA/FDA aren't flawless but they aren't crooked either, as with any government organization, red tape more than malevolence drives decisions. Follow protocols, not money.

Also, weed is bad for you, notably while your brain is still developing.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/mri-scan...emories-330630

My favorite part of this research is the impact on the hippocampus causes unreasonable ideas to seem more reasonable in the presence of such influencing sources. /snicker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    DEA/FDA aren't flawless but they aren't crooked either
    Thanks for the laugh, I needed that
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Wow, people like you are the literal cancer of the world. The reason why criminal prohibitions still exist in 2016.
    I have too many friends and family who've had their lives ruined by drugs. The people I know that bought Kratom were heroin addicts, who were caught and had to stay drug free. So they bought Kratom and mixed it with their tea. They needed it for their "back-pain", which is all too common.

Since Kratom is kinda like suboxone, it needs to be regulated. I know people that drove cars with suboxone that nearly ended their lives. Don't need the same thing with unregulated Kratom.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Thanks for the laugh, I needed that
    You're welcome... but by all means contribute beyond the absolutes of "Paragon of Virtue" and "Literally Hitler" if you want... or don't. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    You're welcome...
    Seems like you got it all figured out, champ!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Kratom is kinda like suboxone, it needs to be regulated. I know people that drove cars with suboxone that nearly ended their lives. Don't need the same thing with unregulated Kratom.
    Then why would you be in favour of an approach that outright prohibits regulation in favour of a doomed to failure ban?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

There is gonna be a march in washington DC Tuesday September 13th

http://kratommarchdc.com/

Make no mistake we wont take this lying down!

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”.
    – Margaret Mead

If you are left wing and believe mother nature should never be banned, If you are right wing and believe big government should never interfere with citizens right to ingest a fucking plant then please support this cause.

The reason you never heard about this is because noone has ever fucking died because of this plant and those 16 (out of millions and millions) did so because they they took it with countless Rx poison like xanax and Rx painkillers.

If you love freedom to ingest what mother nature has given us please support this cause.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-03 at 08:02 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Point being, the OP posted a website that has a link to the study that compares the effects of Kratom to Cocaine... NOT Caffeine.

I don't think anyone ever died of a caffeine overdose, that didn't have pre-existing heart problems.

Cocaine = Kratom
    Cocaine =/= Caffeine
    Caffeine =/= Kratom

Caffeine = Coffee

Point being... you are wrong, and don't try to spread misinformation.

Its like the fucks that try and defend marijuana... there are absolutely 100% without a doubt and enough evidence to show that there are legitimate medical benefits to the consumption of marijuana in its many forms. However, most of you don't qualify... so don't pretend like you don't just want to get high.

In regards to Kratom, for the people this effects who had a viable solution for whatever ailed them... this sucks. But the DEA and FDA have valid reasons (as the study shows) for at least temporarily halting its use and distribution.

I'm not trying to get into a huge debate here on the legality of drugs, I tend to lean more toward libertarian on the issue... do whatever the fuck you want, put whatever you want in your body. The only time I take issue is when the result of choices impedes the rights of myself or someone else because you can't control yourself after consumption.
    You aren't libertarian, at all. You are what is called a authoritarian submissive. It's kind of gross.

Oh shit must make it illegal now! jesus fucking christ...
    I mean hey, marijuana hasn't killed anybody...
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Then why would you be in favour of an approach that outright prohibits regulation in favour of a doomed to failure ban?
    I would imagine that getting your hands on a product made from Kratom would need a prescription from your doctor. That's regulating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that getting your hands on a product made from Kratom would need a prescription from your doctor. That's regulating it.
    No, schedule 1 means that the DEA thinks there is no medical application for it and thus it is completely and totally banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How many people died from tobacco or alcohol between 2014 and 2016? I rest my case.
    Directly? Next to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Weed is bad in excess? Do you even know what you're talking about?
    Apparently you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    You aren't libertarian, at all. You are what is called a authoritarian submissive. It's kind of gross.
    Which is more of an attitude rather than a political ideology. But since our established form of government has avenues and ways to change and evolve should the society it serves deem it necessary. Ya I submit to that authority and that system.

You and your kin not knowing how to work the system, or not wanting to learn how to make the system work for you. Doesn't mean the system is flawed or broken... it just makes you lazy and ignorant.

Perhaps you shouldn't regurgitate everything you have heard from that single political science class you took in college. Perhaps you should have just kept silent.

- - - Updated - - -

Any organization that thinks pot needs too be put on Schedule 1 is a stupid organization out of the gate. Why should I respect anything or believe much of anything else they say? Most of the time they are lobbied into making laws ... just like this one is likely brought on from Big Pharam because it was a very VERY cheap and much safer alternative too real pain killers. If they told me the sky was blue ... I might actually question it.

ANd yes, dumb laws - such as this - should be broken.

No, dumb laws should be changed.

Politicians that enact or support dumb or aged/aging laws need to get the boot.

My brother is your generation (I assume) because we disagree on just about everything politically. On occasion though, he and his friends will have GOLDEN ideas.

Your generation needs to stop fighting the power, and become the power. Get involved at the local level, and work your way through the ranks. VOTE when it matters, not just every 4 years when there is a presidential election.

We should know who our senators and representatives are, and what they stand for. We should NOT care about what Kanye and Kim did this last weekend, or who Taylor Swift is dating this week.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-06 at 04:12 PM.