Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I don't wipe on trash in M1. It doesn't matter if the pack takes 15 or 50 seconds, nobody dies anyway.
    I did wipe a few times on bosses while low geared though, so yeah, single target spec for the first 5 days. In 2 days time I will have both golden traits and before raids and M+ open I will have all of them.

So yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

In 5 mans? Not really. A decent DK who knows how to use valkyr will compete with you easily on ST 60-120 second fight. And a rogue with a cool roll. And so on.
    AH, I don't wipe to either so I don't really know sorry
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    The only one I've seen coming close to the average 600k burst and ending with 220 - 240k is another mage, a geared DH and a geared hunter.
    Sure there surely are others out there with higher burst, but the gear to damage ratio of fire is pretty high.
    I'm not saying we are "bad" single target. But there are classes who can easily compete. But again - it really doesn't matter on 60-120s fights with 60% completed artifact.
    What matters is raid bosses lasting 8 minutes with 100% artifact done, and mages will be good there. OP? Not likely.

Not likely? Lol, mages will still be very good
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Latest sim shows fire slightly low in single target, but the sims are probably unfinished/buggy since the expac is still so new and they're working on models. Take with a grain of salt:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Those sims are definitely not what's happening in dungeons. I'm consistently seeing WW monks, DH's, and rogues clearly above everyone else by a fairly large margin. Fire is definitely not one of the best specs in game, 2nd tier right alongside hunters and warriors though single target / bosses, definitely better than any other casters I've run with, so not bad really for what will end up counting ... but not competing at all with the strong aoe classes. Best mythic+ dps comp right now would undoubtedly be picked from hunter, rogue, WW, and DH's.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Not likely? Lol, mages will still be very good
    Which letter of OP don't you understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Those sims are definitely not what's happening in dungeons. I'm consistently seeing WW monks, DH's, and rogues clearly above everyone else by a fairly large margin. Fire is definitely not one of the best specs in game, 2nd tier right alongside hunters and warriors though single target / bosses, definitely better than any other casters I've run with, so not bad really for what will end up counting ... but not competing at all with the strong aoe classes. Best mythic+ dps comp right now would undoubtedly be picked from hunter, rogue, WW, and DH's.
    Again, it is pointless to pick anything righe now. M+ and raids are 2.5 weeks away, where artifact will be full of aoe traits.
    We will be OK.

you will learn to speak to someone who is 10x the player you will ever be better than that. you kiss your dog with that mouth boyo?
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    you will learn to speak to someone who is 10x the player you will ever be better than that. you kiss your dog with that mouth boyo?
    I can just hear the Linkin Park playing in the background.

drake - no shopping actually
    - Jenna Jameson

Fire is so underwhelming it's not even funny.

Is the Mythic Caged Horror (from last boss of blackrook) trinket worth using over one of the stat stick trinkets with Int/Crit

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Which letter of OP don't you understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it is pointless to pick anything righe now. M+ and raids are 2.5 weeks away, where artifact will be full of aoe traits.
    We will be OK.
    Hunter 2nd tier.

This makes your entire post lose value.

Lots of people in this thread don't understand Ignite.

I'm not doing mythics but I seem to be doing pretty terrible as fire and i'm not sure why...

800~ ilevel

Crit: 7,696
    Haste: 3,485
    Mastery: 3261
    Versatility: 921

Talents:

Pyromaniac
    Shimmer
    Rune of Power
    Flame On
    Ice Floes
    Living Bomb
    Kindling

Felo'Melorn:

Phoenix Flames, Wings lf Flame, Cauterizing Blink, Pyroclasmic Paranoia, Fire at Will, Pyretic Incantation, Great Balls of Fire, Big Mouth.

On single target fights:

Pyro: 45.7% (63.4% crit)
    Ignite: 21.0% (100% hit)
    Fireball: 19.9% (68% crit)
    Fire blast: 8.7% (100% crit)
    Phoenix's Flames: 3.8% (100% crit)
    Scorch: 87.8k (100% crit)

Total damage: 11.47M over 1min 28sec (134.9k dps)

That was with very little movement as I seemed to be standing in a good spot and didn't really get targetted by shit, so very close to "patchwerk".

Starting Rotation: Rune of Power, Combustion, proc crits (scorch, then fireblast/phoenix flames to fullfill the requirement for hot streak, use pyro when it's up)
    otherwise:
    If I run out of fire blasts, use Flame on.
    Use Rune of Power when nearing 2 stacks.
    Spam fireballs, use combustion when I have a heating up (usually during a fireball cast) pyroblast at the end of the fireball cast.

Multi-target I'm not really sure... sometimes I can get 400k other times 150k~ which is keeping living bomb up, just trying to proc hot streak and spamming flame strike.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2016-09-04 at 11:35 AM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Just get some gears, Jesus. You want to do 200k at 800 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Just get some gears, Jesus. You want to do 200k at 800 ilvl?
    I want to know if i'm the right track - it's not as easy as "just getting" some gear - all the items I've had from dungeons have been haste/mastery and I have to pug all the groups which takes forever due to lack of tanks/healers.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

134k at 800 ilvl is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Starting Rotation: Rune of Power, Combustion, proc crits (scorch, then fireblast/phoenix flames to fullfill the requirement for hot streak, use pyro when it's up)
    otherwise:
    If I run out of fire blasts, use Flame on.
    Use Rune of Power when nearing 2 stacks.
    Spam fireballs, use combustion when I have a heating up (usually during a fireball cast) pyroblast at the end of the fireball cast.

Multi-target I'm not really sure... sometimes I can get 400k other times 150k~ which is keeping living bomb up, just trying to proc hot streak and spamming flame strike.
    What I like to do is, if I know I'll only get one combust during the fight, fireball till I get 2 crits, then...
    Rune, combust right at rune end, Pyro, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro, Flame on, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro, then swap out pheonix flames for pyro.

I am no expert but I think that will lead to bigger ignites because you don't waste time with the scorch and you can start right off with a pyro. If the fight will only let you get 1 combustion off then its ok to fish for 2 crits from fireball first.

I feel like I do pretty poorly outside of combustion when I'm just waiting for stuff to come back - I do well at the start of a fight and then I move to the bottom at the end.

Same whenever I'm starting to save stuff for an upcoming boss.

It definitely seems very reliant on crit with how PI works. On average when I have shitty crit luck I do about 150k dps. I once did 220k dps cuz I had insane crits. All ST. On aoe, if I have my phoenix flames and fire blast + ROP, I can do 600K+ easily. When I don't, it's quite sad I don't even wanna say what I do heh. 835 ilv.

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Is the Mythic Caged Horror (from last boss of blackrook) trinket worth using over one of the stat stick trinkets with Int/Crit
    I got a huge dps increase from it so I'd say it is but that might depend on what your stats are with the crit trinket and without.

i843 mage who has run all mythic dungeons. level 16 artifact.

Patchwerk style I'm pulling 300k, movement based fights I'm about 225k.

Using mythic caged trinket
    Last edited by itsrambo; 2016-09-04 at 08:03 PM.