Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    If you're not good at PvP don't enter a PvP zone...not rocket science.
    In what way does it matter if you're good at PvP when you're wading into a sewer of 200 people killing everything in sight? I mean seriously. It's fun but no one is "good" at that. It's not like there is some Conan dude in the middle sweeping all his foes before him.

Well, unless he's Vengeance DH but that's just making up for the wimpy monks which were making up for the ridiculous OP of DKs back in the day.

I dont like PvP, but I LOVE Dalaran sewers!!! The only thing I would change is to put a graveyard closer, cause being more time walking as a ghost from the angel to die after one single cast of some AOE spell takes away a little (just a little) of the fun!

huh? if you dont want to pvp then just use invis to get to your destination or hire a guard. if it didnt work out and you died anyway go do something else, continue questing, do a bunch of world quests, whatever, and try again next time youre in dalaran, its not like any of the quests leading you there are blocking your progress. also its a good idea to do these quests at higher level when you wont be one shotted by some random aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    12 pages of casuals and bads whining about a novel inconvenience tearing them out of their safe space.
    I'd say ignore them and move on but they're the same brigade reaponsible for most of the "baby-proofing" in WoW over the years.
    And responsible for changing the "No-flying at all, not even for future expacs" bs.
    Or did you overlook that? If so, consider this an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Then hire a fucking body guard for 5g from the captain, it's that fucking simple.
    And been rebutted so many fucking times...it's like you can't read or something...If so many people are having problems then guess what genius? There's a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    If you don't know what a PvE server is, then shut up. Forced PvP does not belong on a PvE server. If people want to participate in this FFA bullshit, they could just turn their PvP flag on. This would be the only legitimate solution.

Honestly, this is STUPID AS HELL. The Legion is upon us, but some dickheads just cannot stop to slaughter their potential allies - or even their own people...
    There's the problem; PvPers on PvE servers don't have what it takes for the challenge of a PvP server. They're griefers that want easy targets that inexperienced PvE players give.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    If you're not good at PvP don't enter a PvP zone...not rocket science.
    What ever happened to ""if you don't want to pvp don't be on a pvp server?"

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    P.S. I'm insulted enough to quit Wow. Are you trolls and griefers happy enough?
    Are you really taking game design personally?
    It must not be easy to get butthurt so easily.
    If you don't want to PvP don't go in the sewers. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What ever happened to ""if you don't want to pvp don't be on a pvp server?"
    Are you illiterate? He literally just said what you're parroting.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    its about not wanting it to exist not about the fact you can ignore it for 5g.
    I don't like PvP on my PvE server either, but you're just throwing a tantrum now. 5g is such a non-amount I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Are you illiterate? He literally just said what you're parroting.
    Apparently it's your literacy that needs questioning.
    Or do you imagine in some way that "zone" can be taken for "server?"

Deleted
    lmao i don't even pvp but on a very high pop pve server it's fucking hilarious

all you whiners either deal with the fact that not everything is your tumblr safe space or better yet kill yourselves

Here let me edit that title Dalaran sewer is the most fun thing I found in legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's hilariously bad. I don't even get what the point of it is, what's it meant to be?
    It seems to serve no other purpose than pleasing the most jerkish PvP kids. You know, the supreme morons, douchebags and shitsacks who go "lol crybaby, don't go there if you can't handle some pvp!"

They should either separate pvp into a different phase for those shits who like to ruin questing and seeking vendors, or set up a longer timer for calling back the guards. Such as a one-hour general timer, and a 24-hour timer per player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people really complaining about doing 1 quest in a zone that is often, but not always, PvP?

Sewers is probebly the most fun new addition to the game. It would be a shame if a whine by impatient players over a single quest would hinder it. The only thing I would remove is the death timer while in sewers... The PvP timer is often so short, a third death just locks you out until guards rest next time. It is a blast to play... It's not PvP, it's the incarnation of chaos!!! I heart it!!!

Am on PvE server and have caught the blind rat and regularly fish there for currency. If I can complete a pet battle, you can turn your quest in. Just try, deaths in wow are 2 min remedy, in PvP you don't even get durability hit.

Edit: I should probebly add that I used to PvP a lot, but no real time to do it anymore, similarly to formal (not raid finder) raids. My PvP style, in all games, is pretty much Rambo, not a feeder in MOBA. I run in swinging like a maniac, die, then return for more swinging. Interspersed with thunderstorm and watching people fly to their doom... doom! DOOM!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-09-05 at 02:59 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I found it funny just how much so many people are complaining about a feature that they don't understand. I have had no issues with the sewers. Go through the front. Pick up a bodyguard. Do what I need to. Sure, the timer may not show up for the bodyguard, but it's still there and it's not hard to know how much time you left before he leaves.

People need to do some research before they start throwing a tantrum. It's pathetic to see people cry "T-the guards went away and there was nothing I could do and fuck Blizzard".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It seems to serve no other purpose than pleasing the most jerkish PvP kids. You know, the supreme morons, douchebags and shitsacks who go "lol crybaby, don't go there if you can't handle some pvp!"

They should either separate pvp into a different phase for those shits who like to ruin questing and seeking vendors, or set up a longer timer for calling back the guards. Such as a one-hour general timer, and a 24-hour timer per player.
    Or buy a bodyguard and stop crying

- - - Updated - - -

The guard thing...imaginative that anyone thinks that they are posting anything original at this point...and has been rebutted in the WoW site in the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts If it works, it doesn't seem to work well, if at all.
    To remind:

as someone else said elsewhere:

So there are well over 20 level 2 and level 3 profession patterns down there, and all require sightless eyes, most of them in the 250-500 range.
    You need 100 sightless eyes for the Obliterum Forge quest.
    Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes, and farming them in a forced PvP zone, 5 minutes at a time, sounds ridiculous.
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.

And that's just off the cuff.
    -Rares gives 70-200
    -At least one is almost always up
    -you can kill and loot them with a body guard

I really don't see why people are complaining. When I went down there, I purchased a body guard, killed some rares, and left with one thousand eyes without any issues what so ever and in very little time. I think you people need to do research before you decide to accuse Blizzard over something you know nothing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    It's just annoying as hell. And such a zone should not be on a PvE server. There, you decide by flagging for PvP, if you want to engage in PvP. Auto-flagging in an instant is against the concept of a PvE server. Especially, if the zone just randomly switches on and off. With PvP world objectives, I know beforehand that I will become flagged, and I willingly go there and accept the risk. But in the sewers, it's random, and it's FFA.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-09-05 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's just annoying as hell. And such a zone should not be on a PvE server. There, you decide by flagging for PvP, if you want to engage in PvP. Auto-flagging in an instant is against the concept of a PvE server.
    How is it annoying? The pvp aspect is completely avoidable with the only two requirements being 5 gold and a general awareness of time.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are people really complaining about doing 1 quest in a zone that is often, but not always, PvP?
    ONE quest?
    wtf...um no...try that again.
    As posted earlier:
    So there are well over 20 level 2 and level 3 profession patterns down there, and all require sightless eyes, most of them in the 250-500 range.
    Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes, and farming them in a forced PvP zone, 5 minutes at a time, sounds ridiculous.
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I found it funny just how much so many people are complaining about a feature that they don't understand. I have had no issues with the sewers.
    Maybe you should taken your own advice on research...like reading this thread.
    Or do you imagine that you posted something original? Something that no one else knew?
    Try harder.

This is the flying issue all over again....*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    How is it annoying? The pvp aspect is completely avoidable with the only two requirements being 5 gold and a general awareness of time.
    You don't even need 5g, if you simply wait for the guards to go back to work and deactivate pvp for the whole zone.

Also, I never got killed while questing there. Most people only fight in the two center rooms and around chests/rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I disagree. The blind rat pet battle only appears during PvP in sewers. The fact that I pet battled until caught 1 rat and my gf got 3 rats. To me, it means that at least during those times on the Draenor server cluster, the PvPers who ran through us or battled near us, without hindering our pet battles, were in fact not jerks during that time. I honestly did not think it was possible and was planning to do it in off hours. Nope, people left us alone enough to get a pet battle finished.

In fact, a DH hit me, just as my pet battle ended. I tried to run away, until it hit me... Why am I running? Insta heal to full after a couple of wind fury's, then wreck his face with THUNDER!!! The best moment I had in WoW in a while... Enh Shaman are most fun to play sense the suicide Enh build from vanilla. I just need to get the second proc off Stormstrike opened in my DOOM!!!hammer, then let the pain commence!!

The biggest problem in Legion for me and count this as a warning if you plan to do it, is the tagging of mobs and loot sharing in some instances. After 30 min of farming the rare shark fishing drop in the ocean, I ran to the shore to make the fight easier. A random DH, to no fault of his own, tagged the shark. When the battle was over, only the DH had priority to loot. He got the rare fish loot, while neither I or my party member got anything. A random tag should not receive exclusive priority on rare loot, when the rarity is not defined in the color of the drop. A rare mob dropping an exclusive white item, should not be treated as just any white item. It's a fringe case, as it's the only rare fish like this, but it was very frustrating and I didn't end up getting my loot for another couple of hours of fishing. Very easy fix, just make rare fish drops blue and work as that sort item drop, with the ability to pass to party members included.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you can hire a guard for you for 5 gold
    Only problem is the bodyguards tend to bugger off every so often, taking a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    ONE quest?
    wtf...um no...try that again.
    As posted earlier:

When you say 20, across how many professions? You do not need to be in PvP to do any of it. Just pretend it's a rare that has a spawn timer and wait for the PvP to end or pay the bodyguard. The solution is patience, not removing an entire way to play.

There is an alternative, from fishing to killing npcs. Your issue is not that it's forced PvP, but because you can only farm for 5 min at a time. Making it an issue of patience, not PvP. If the eyes only dropped during a random 5 min interval, with you not being able to farm at all otherwise, you'd complain about the lock out, not PvP. Your argument is actually 'I want it now', not 'damn PvP barrier'...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and just a heads up. Yesterday they had a quest that gave 150 eyes for simply accepting the quest. The horrible impact was that it turned you into a giant with 3x health and damage.

Maybe you should taken your own advice on research...like reading this thread.
    Or do you imagine that you posted something original? Something that no one else knew?
    Try harder.

This is the flying issue all over again....*sigh*
    I did read the thread, and most if not all the issues are circumvented with an understanding of the zone. Most are clearly not aware of the existence of the bodyguard or how it works even 13 pages in. You're a great example as you clearly stated

"in the 250-500 range.
    You need 100 sightless eyes for the Obliterum Forge quest."

"Just those two examples are going to require farming a great many sightless eyes"

Show that you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Both requirements are a pittance. Feel free to actually argue what I'm saying, but relying on assumptions and going *sigh* like you're a 13 year old girl from 2005 only hurts your argument. This isn't IMVU.
    Enjoy.