Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    [

Locks are putting up some really good numbers in the groups I've been in with them
    thats because all the groups ur in are probably undergeared. Warlocks are fine until you want to actually do content. IE. Mythic, Mythic + and raiding

All pure dps classes are doing great with the exception of Warlocks, they are just ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    [

Locks are putting up some really good numbers in the groups I've been in with them
    I've only ever seen one other Warlock since Legion launch out of all the dungeons I've done.

Warlock are doing average like class with tank or healing spec, other than that every pure dps class is doing pretty good in damage

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Warlock are doing average like class with tank or healing spec, other than that every pure dps class is doing pretty good in damage
    Good point except... Monk and DH and Feral are top so... nevermind bad point.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Good point except... Monk and DH and Feral are top so... nevermind bad point.
    Sure because mages and pirates aren't "pretty good"

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure because mages and pirates aren't "pretty good"
    "Pirates" are pretty good. Mages aren't even top 5.

I'm having really good results as DK UH right now, AoE is off the charts and ST isnt bad either
    On the other hand I feel sad for my Ret friend, I know he's not bad and pull really bad number, especially on cleave situation, which are numerous

On the subject of warlock, I'd say they're average, maybe sub-par but the fact they're a really tanky ranged make it up for it, I dont mind having them around for my mythics (Only got Destro tho, I dont know about the other specs)
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2016-09-06 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    "Pirates" are pretty good. Mages aren't even top 5.
    Good mages are.

Deleted
    My Frost DK and Ret pala both were 720 ilvl when I started them. My Arms warr was 740.

The Frost DK is the first 1 I leveled to 110. God, it was so weak. Often had to eat every other pull and it wasn't until Sindragosa's Fury that I pulled in 3+ mobs. Poor survival, healing and mobility.

The Warrior isn't 110 yet but feels powerfull. No problems with bigger packs from the start, victory rush healing right backup where as Frost's version is poor. Barely get in problems. Very mobile.

The Ret Pala is only 101, but even him felt stronger than the Frost DK right from the start. Keep in mind all the tricks the pala has up his sleeve would he ever get in trouble.

It amazed me how much weaker the Frost DK felt during leveling. At max level with 800 ilvl I'm not really confident about it either. Really have to be carefull what you're doing. Sure, I could spec FOTM Unholy, but don't like Unholy at all. Frost DK seriously needs some help in the healing/survival/mobility department. From what I've seen it's DPS is extremely bad, but doesn't feel onm par either.

So my first 110 turned out to be far from great. Deciding between Arms and Ret now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    If every other pure dps class are doing pretty good and warlocks are just average it means pretty good is the norm and warlocks are below that norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    My plan was to play affliction lock or shadow priest this expansion and park my hunter. But they're terrible atm so I've gone with unholy death knight. If only locks and sps dot mechanics were as smooth and seamless as the dk!
    Last edited by soulcrusher; 2016-09-06 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of BM's dps it is complete garbage as a spec and should be remade.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

If you want fo play a caster, Fire mage probably a decent bet. I got pretty bad luck this week and am only at 830 ilvl with 50% crit with food buff and I almost did 1m ST burst. This was without lust as well. I usually do anywhere from 500k-700k, depending on how much my trinks proc during opener. Trash damage is fine. If there's none of the super melee cleavers (outlaw/DH/war) I can top depending on if rng favors me otherwise I just do ok. Although I will admit the almost 1m ST burst thing is facetious because I had a hot streak proc as we pulled the boss so I had a huge burst of damage from the getgo instead of having the chain delayed as I build. Still pretty ridiculous regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Good mages are [in the top 5].
    You can't really use that kind of logic. If a mage has to be better than other players in order to be in the top 5, they aren't in the top 5. The only valid comparison is the average. Are average mages in the top 5 compared to other specs played by average players? Are good mages in the top 5 if all the other players are just as good? It's not as if there's something special about the class that makes it so that it performs comparatively better at high skill levels than other classes do. The DPS hierarchy can't take individual player skill into account, it's not a comparison between each single player. There's no such thing as "good mages" in a top x list, there's just mages.

The latest simcrafts indicate that fire mage is #8, and arcane/frost are way down there below the middle. It's among the top 3 ranged DPS, however; 75% of MDPS is in the top half and 75% of RPDS is in the bottom half. Legion is grotesquely melee-favored and it's frankly hilarious how lopsided it is, but as far as ranged specs go, mages are fine. One should fully expect a general nerf to melee coming in the first major balance patch, after which fire mage at least should be just fine.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2016-09-06 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Ion claimed melee would do quite well in 5m but that ranged would do better in raids.
    this seems to be holding true now and will possibly stay true for raids (with some melee exceptions perhaps)

adding that:
    - fire mage is good now in 5 mans, though not quite as good as DH/WW/rogues
    - hunter (MM/BM) is also good in 5-mans and will likely be good as it always is in raids .. its kind of a WoW rule IMO that hunter is always at least ok (or better than ok)

All I can contribute:
    GOOD! Enhance. Strong single target. Good cleave. OK AOE.
    BAD! Elemental. Shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    You can't really use that kind of logic. If a mage has to be better than other players in order to be in the top 5, they aren't in the top 5. The only valid comparison is the average. Are average mages in the top 5 compared to other specs played by average players? Are good mages in the top 5 if all the other players are just as good? It's not as if there's something special about the class that makes it so that it performs comparatively better at high skill levels than other classes do. The DPS hierarchy can't take individual player skill into account, it's not a comparison between each single player. There's no such thing as "good mages" in a top x list, there's just mages.

The latest simcrafts indicate that fire mage is #8, and arcane/frost are way down there below the middle. It's among the top 3 ranged DPS, however; 75% of MDPS is in the top half and 75% of RPDS is in the bottom half. Legion is grotesquely melee-favored and it's frankly hilarious how lopsided it is, but as far as ranged specs go, mages are fine. One should fully expect a general nerf to melee coming in the first major balance patch, after which fire mage at least should be just fine.
    No it's because it's a bit harder to get damage out of a fire mage than a lot of the other classes, requires more effort. If both are good players then fire mages will still be amongst the top classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    If you want fo play a caster, Fire mage probably a decent bet. I got pretty bad luck this week and am only at 830 ilvl with 50% crit with food buff and I almost did 1m ST burst. This was without lust as well. I usually do anywhere from 500k-700k, depending on how much my trinks proc during opener. Trash damage is fine. If there's none of the super melee cleavers (outlaw/DH/war) I can top depending on if rng favors me otherwise I just do ok. Although I will admit the almost 1m ST burst thing is facetious because I had a hot streak proc as we pulled the boss so I had a huge burst of damage from the getgo instead of having the chain delayed as I build. Still pretty ridiculous regardless.
    Which trinkets are you using? Seems pretty impossible for me to get 1million burst dps and I'm 840 (Don't have on use / proc trinkets though)
    Do you seriously do 500-700k single target at the end of the fight, or do you just mean the opener?
    Best I've done is 360k single target on a boss and I still got beat by a 830 DH who managed to do 370k....

500k-700k is obv opening burst, theres no way fire mage (or anyone actually) does that in a prolonged ST fight

Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    It's actually a negative chance you bursted close to 1m at 830 ilvl even more negative chance youre sustaining 500-700k. Please stop farming cata raids and do current content.