Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Well I've to say the resto shaman artifact was the worst experience I've had in legion by far. I couldn't use the Vashir mount. I got killed by other shamans. Clue's where annoying to find. And the mage was bugged and did not participate on killing the naga at the end.
    I experienced that in Vashir too, but the people in zone chat were pretty helpful (surprisingly!) and mentioned that if you enter a building and leave it again your seahorse will start working.

What's the go to Legendary?
    I'm asking if you could pick any - which one should the R. Shammies aim for?

7+ Year Old Account
    Chain heal felt weak initially, but now that I'm 842 it's doing it's job well.

For talent's I'm using deluge/high tide except for certain boss fights where I switch to Ancestral Guidance.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Chain heal felt weak initially, but now that I'm 842 it's doing it's job well.

For talent's I'm using deluge/high tide except for certain boss fights where I switch to Ancestral Guidance.
    if it felt weak when lower geared it will probably feel weak again when doing higher mythic+ dungeons where you are kinda undergeared.

Deleted
    I think chainheal, Gift and healing rain are pretty bad tools for heroic but will shine in certain fights in raids, especially when you have incomming predictable group damage. I find that I very rarely use it to heal mythics and because of that taking Deluge or High Tide right now is incredibly stupid
    Having said that, I will most likely take high tide when raids come out, depending on the encounter.
    Ancestral Guidance is incredibly awesome with how much it heals and far and away outperforms Deluge, unless you somehow can constantly heal melee, which really isn't reliable.
    Legendaries are really not something you should be worried about, you either get them or you don't but so far they seem to be super rare (my 300 man mythic raiding guild with about 100 mains in it has managed to get 1 so far in the entire xpac with another 2 members reporting drops in pugs, I highly doubt anyone will have the majority of their raids equiped with legendaries anytime soon), having said that, in my opinion Praetorian, Nobundo, Rebalancers & Jonat are pretty much equal with Nazjatar slightly out-performing them all

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The quest was nice and I liked it but the Vashjr part was... bad.

Overall I'm quite disappointed from the artifact skill and traits as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on what you're doing. I switched to a Riptide-heavy build due to my artifact trait choice (Tidal Pools). I'm using Torrent / Deluge or Crashing Waves / Ancestral Vigor / Echo of the Elements / High Tide.

I'm literally spamming Riptide all the time (low mana cost, initial heal is nearly on Healing Surge levels and the HoT is nice as well).
    Has Deluge been very good for you? I've been using Crashing Waves, because I feel like Chain Heal is just too weak in Mythics.

I definitely found Vigor to be great, especially if you're dealing with a DH tank (which I am). He's a very good tank, and we've been able to do all of the Mythics other than the Suramar ones, but that's only because of rep. I really liked Stoneclaw Totem, too, but after a few Mythics I decided to see if I could help myself out with tank healing by switching to Vigor and I love it.

I switched to Ascendance for that extra CD since I lost out on Stoneclaw when switching to Vigor and I had the same qualms with High Tide as I did with Deluge. Ascendance is probably a better CD than HTT right now, HTT really feels underwhelming to press these days.

I've also been running EotE. Anyone using Cloudburst Totem in Mythics? I didn't play Beta at all cause I basically took 5 months off in WoD and wanted to come back to a new expansion with a fresh feeling, but I've struggled feeling comfortable with Cloudburst since I haven't had any practice with it. I feel like it wouldn't be a great tool for Mythic dungeons since trash is kind of a big deal, and often trash damage is very unpredictable.

I've got similar issues with Chain Heal in 5mans - I tried out Deluge because Chain Heal was (is) the only spread AoE heal we've got - in the end it's not very good in 5mans - even with Higher Tide. It's better to top off with Torrent Riptide and Healing Surge spam (so yes, Crashing Waves is better imho).

I prefer Ancestral Vigor as well because the Ankh Totem is difficult to handle and Ancestral Vigor is literally 100% up due to my Riptide spam.

Torrent + Echo of the Elements + Crashing Waves is for me the best talent build for 5mans right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody some information for Tidal Pools and can agree / disagree with me?

Does it only proc when you use Riptide or can it proc from HoT-ticks? (I think it only procced while applying it)

How many Tidal Pool totems can be active? (I got two due to the CD but maybe you can get more, e.g. with the legendary)

Is there an internal CD? (Don't think so, with Echo of the Elements I got two totems within a global CD)

Does Haste improve Tidal Pools?

I really love this trait. And the visual effect is stunning.
    Only when you actually USE Riptide. If the effect procs you will hear a totem sound and then the Tidal Totem appears at the place the person was when you cast the ability.

I've seen up to 3 when I get lucky (the first one goes away almost right as soon as that happens though, mainly due to time I believe).

Don't think there is any sort of Internal CD, I've gotten two in a row before since I'm running Echo.

I don't think Haste affects it. It seems to have a consistent amount of time between tics.

I've got similar issues with Chain Heal in 5mans - I tried out Deluge because Chain Heal was (is) the only spread AoE heal we've got - in the end it's not very good in 5mans - even with Higher Tide. It's better to top off with Torrent Riptide and Healing Surge spam (so yes, Crashing Waves is better imho).

I prefer Ancestral Vigor as well because the Ankh Totem is difficult to handle and Ancestral Vigor is literally 100% up due to my Riptide spam.

Torrent + Echo of the Elements + Crashing Waves is for me the best talent build for 5mans right now.
    After running about 4 of the Mythics this week as Resto I think I will probably be swapping to AV instead of the Ankh totem myself. I run a heavy RT build currently since I went for Tidal Pools and the tank usually requires most of my attention. A couple of Chain Heals buffed or not in my Healing Rain will usually be enough for the melee and a random HS/RT on a ranged person is sometimes all they need.

Like you said, the Ankh Totem is nice, but I think at a 5 minute CD it's not enough for me. Especially since usually if the tank wipes we're going down anyway or we can just have our DK/Druid rez them.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-09-06 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Like you said, the Ankh Totem is nice, but I think at a 5 minute CD it's not enough for me. Especially since usually if the tank wipes we're going down anyway or we can just have our DK/Druid rez them.
    I tried Ankh Totem in beta a bit and never really liked it. It's marginally useful, and for it to be good you have to a) see someone's going to die, and b) cast the ankh totem before they die, which basically means letting them die instead of trying to save them.

I switched to AV soon thereafter and have been using it for months, and never looked back. AV is good ALL the time, on multiple people, and likely prevents more deaths than Ankh Totem has saved by a large margin.

What are you guys using for mobility in 5-mans? Leveling up, and in general use, I've really been enjoying Gust of Wind. I recently found out why it's not as good as Blink, when I was doing Nelth's Lair Mythic. Apparently the stone hands on Ularogg are not the same as every other stone hands mechanic in the game. For his, if you ever touch one of the hands at all, it kills you. Meaning you're actually punished for being faster and moving (or Gusting) when you see the red arrow. You have to wait and not move until you see which way the hands are facing and where the hole is, so you don't Gust/move over a hand on your way out.

Extremely frustrating, but it had me wondering if Graceful Spirit would be better. Having more access to Spiritwalker's Grace is probably never bad, and lessening my reliance on Gust of Wind now might be a good idea. While I know Wind Rush Totem will be great for certain raid fights, I'm not sure I want it in 5-mans. I've noticed a few times where I thought it would be useful had I had it, but there honestly hasn't been that many of those situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    What are you guys using for mobility in 5-mans? Leveling up, and in general use, I've really been enjoying Gust of Wind. I recently found out why it's not as good as Blink, when I was doing Nelth's Lair Mythic. Apparently the stone hands on Ularogg are not the same as every other stone hands mechanic in the game. For his, if you ever touch one of the hands at all, it kills you. Meaning you're actually punished for being faster and moving (or Gusting) when you see the red arrow. You have to wait and not move until you see which way the hands are facing and where the hole is, so you don't Gust/move over a hand on your way out.

Extremely frustrating, but it had me wondering if Graceful Spirit would be better. Having more access to Spiritwalker's Grace is probably never bad, and lessening my reliance on Gust of Wind now might be a good idea. While I know Wind Rush Totem will be great for certain raid fights, I'm not sure I want it in 5-mans. I've noticed a few times where I thought it would be useful had I had it, but there honestly hasn't been that many of those situations.
    I've stuck with Graceful Spirit and honestly I'm quite happy with it. I'm getting quite used to popping in and out of Ghost Form any time I move around so the extra speed is great, and anytime I need Spiritwalker's Grace I usually have it up thanks to the CD reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
    Yeah Ive experienced the same. Healed all mythics. There's wayyyyy more tank damage than anything else which pretty much makes surge/riptide our main heals. I think given that, mastery is our best dungeon stat right?

Base chain heal feels weak and expensive. Ill sometimes use healing rain pre-emptively if group is fairly stacked. It's basically just riptide->2x surge->riptide->2x surge, etc.
    This has been my experience so far in Heroics and some Mythics. There seems to be just so much damage going out, particularly to the tanks, that I’m constantly playing catch-up, and I can’t relax enough to use HW. I do, occasionally, use CH if everyone is down below 20-30%, but I always have to follow it up with HS spam on the tank. It’s honestly a little disappointing that like 90% of my casts are either RT or HS. I almost never bother with our artifact heal because it just doesn’t do much, and the group usually is too spread out to make it worthwhile. I expect that will change when raiding, but for dungeons it’s just not on my list of useful spells.

TBH, one thing that I’ve found myself getting a surprising amount of usage out of in dungeons is the lightning surge totem. That little baby is great for stabilizing these trash pulls. Any time the tank grabs more than 3 or 4 mobs, I’ll drop one down at the start to help get things under control. Or if I need to buy some time to get others in the group back up, and I need a break from spam healing the tank to keep him from dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Anyone using Cloudburst Totem in Mythics? I didn't play Beta at all cause I basically took 5 months off in WoD and wanted to come back to a new expansion with a fresh feeling, but I've struggled feeling comfortable with Cloudburst since I haven't had any practice with it. I feel like it wouldn't be a great tool for Mythic dungeons since trash is kind of a big deal, and often trash damage is very unpredictable.
    I don't really feel like trash damage is unpredictable, but then again I ran those dungeons many many times on beta. On that note, I use cloudburst more often than not in mythic dungeons.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    I know eventually I will need to give up Echo of the Elements for Cloudburst Totem...it's so much better for predictable damage. But I just love double riptide and HST.

I need to get the practice in now instead of later I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I know eventually I will need to give up Echo of the Elements for Cloudburst Totem...it's so much better for predictable damage. But I just love double riptide and HST.

I need to get the practice in now instead of later I suppose.
    I don't think that Cloudburst will be better in 5mans than Echo. Riptide is so strong and so cheap right now (and if you're using a heavy Riptide built it's simply your best heal), it's a great healing ability. Torrent + Crashing Waves + Echo = Cookie Cutter build for ST healing (and even group healing when you can cast Riptide on literally everybody).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that Cloudburst will be better in 5mans than Echo. Riptide is so strong and so cheap right now (and if you're using a heavy Riptide built it's simply your best heal), it's a great healing ability. Torrent + Crashing Waves + Echo = Cookie Cutter build for ST healing (and even group healing when you can cast Riptide on literally everybody).
    Oh totally not worried about 5 mans, I'm talking about raiding with my 20ish man group.

You can take Echo away from me in 5 mans over my cold, dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I don't really feel like trash damage is unpredictable, but then again I ran those dungeons many many times on beta. On that note, I use cloudburst more often than not in mythic dungeons.

How do you generally use Cloudburst? I find I'm never happy with the results when it expires or I pick it up. Is it essentially the same healing as normal (i.e.: Riptide on CD basically, keep HR down if it makes sense, HS/HW as needed)? Are you running any other talents to support it, or is it pretty solid with any other setup you'd want to go with?

Hey guys and girls

What do you think of this build in the picture for heroic and mythic dungeons?
    imgur.com/uawQzyy

Im using crashing waves, vigor, echo of elements and wellspring.

Two questions, would earthen shield totem be better then vigor for dungeons? And lastly is wellspring bad? i just think its better then high tides since i almost never use chain heal.

What would u change for raiding?
    60 talent: Im thinking deluge and ancestral guidance would be better then crashing waves
    90 talent: cloudburst over echo
    100 talent: high tides over wellspring

Quote Originally Posted by henrikhoe View Post
    Hey guys and girls

What do you think of this build in the picture for heroic and mythic dungeons?
    imgur.com/uawQzyy

Im using crashing waves, vigor, echo of elements and wellspring.

Two questions, would earthen shield totem be better then vigor for dungeons? And lastly is wellspring bad? i just think its better then high tides since i almost never use chain heal.

What would u change for raiding?
    60 talent: Im thinking deluge and ancestral guidance would be better then crashing waves
    90 talent: cloudburst over echo
    100 talent: high tides over wellspring
    I used Wellspring for a while, but it really just isn't very good. It also costs a lot of mana, so if you end up in a long fight because a DPS dies to something stupid or whatever, it could end up hurting you a lot. I also don't use Chain Heal, so I went Ascendance for the extra CD. Ascendance actually feels very strong, quite a bit stronger than HTT, and it's nice to have and extra CD so you don't feel bad about popping a CD on trash if needed in Mythics.

Earthen Shield Totem felt great, especially as a CD that's up almost every time you feel uncomfortable with a trash pull (every other pack or so). I think it depends a bit. I'm using Vigor now, mostly because I run with a DH tank, and it just makes healing him feel a lot better, but I could definitely see myself trying to fit Earthen Shield Totem back into my build at some point.

I love the Torrent, Crashing Waves, EotE setup, it's been super effective in Mythics, so I think you can't go wrong there. I plan to test out Ancestral Guidance and High Tide together tonight, and maybe using a little more Chain Heal to see if I like that. If Ancestral Guidance feels close enough to Ascendance, and High Tide makes Chain Heal not feel so bad, I might like that setup.

So am I missing something or is Queens Decree really weak?