Quote Originally Posted by Scottokemon View Post
    Now that I've got through my strop about how low the numbers are on trash, I'm finding the spec a ridiculous amount of fun.
    Yeah, feeling the same. Escpecially solo content, all the Wordquests involve 2 big pulls from me and are done. with 50%+ Mastery, 26% haste and 20% Crit I can really pull 4-5 Mobs with VT and SW: P on them, go Voidform, shadowcrash and they are all nearly dead.

Deleted
    Anyone know if pure haste is better on crafted gear, or do we need the secondary crit? I've rolled a few pieces with double haste and am wondering if those are worth 7/7ing, or is having the extra crit that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Yeah, feeling the same. Escpecially solo content, all the Wordquests involve 2 big pulls from me and are done. with 50%+ Mastery, 26% haste and 20% Crit I can really pull 4-5 Mobs with VT and SW: P on them, go Voidform, shadowcrash and they are all nearly dead.
    Yeah, I love doing this when I get the chance, but my server is so busy it's really unusual not to have five other people burning down mobs as soon as you've tagged them. Not complaining though. I basically levelled by dotting up the mobs I needed and dragging them to the nearest warrior.

This early in the expansion what do you guys think of Power Infusion? What about later on, when we get our T19 2p(which means we get MORE insanity from faster dots of the PI haste)?

I'm defaulting to mindbender so far but now I'm wondering how good PI is. Perhaps it's worth casting when we get to ~30 stacks on voidform(assuming S2M) so we get some strong burst? Think there are situations it's worth more than MB on bosses? Maybe for a better on-pull burst? I'll test it later today, but does anyone have experience with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Darkheart's Gnarled root is phenomenal. Thought it would be trash.
    Explain? Seems like a bad trinket on paper, does it have an insane proc rate?

Also, does anyone know when I should use void lord over reaper of souls, if ever? Is there any LI I should be constantly getting to make void lord better?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    This early in the expansion what do you guys think of Power Infusion? What about later on, when we get our T19 2p(which means we get MORE insanity from faster dots of the PI haste)?

I'm defaulting to mindbender so far but now I'm wondering how good PI is. Perhaps it's worth casting when we get to ~30 stacks on voidform(assuming S2M) so we get some strong burst? Think there are situations it's worth more than MB on bosses? Maybe for a better on-pull burst? I'll test it later today, but does anyone have experience with it?
    PI is better than mindbender for heroic boss fights IMO, considering most of them are only a minute long. You only get one use of mindbender, so really all you are getting is the insanity gain with it, since shadowfiend does around the same damage as well. With PI you get the insanity gain, and increased damage from the haste.

The thing is that tranquil tomes are expensive as hell, and mindbender is a lot better for just about everything else (yeah, even trash. I personally still want to do some damage on trash even if I'm at the bottom of the meters on them). Don't know how much you want to swap talents around just to do (slightly?) better on heroic bosses.

I think for raids, the sims that I saw showed PI as the top talent over mindbender with tier 19. Don't know if that's changed in recent sims.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-09-06 at 06:21 PM.

Yeah it procs an insane amount. Ends up being 10-15% of my damage with the 840 trinket@843 itemlevel.

Lowest % on a boss is around 6%, but that's rare. It can also proc on multiple ads in a cleave scenario.
    Nice, is it affected by void form too since it's shadow damage?

the trinket is good but since i got a 835 intel + haste trinket i can't go without it (i also have the world loot trinket at 850 ilvl) because it just hits the right haste point when I can go into VF without needing to refresh my dots.

Homophobia is so gay.

Darkheart's Gnarled root is phenomenal. Thought it would be trash.
    Started running that trinket and Shadow Crash for dungeons and I'm seeing decent numbers to be honest.

But then again its obviously not on pair with the top cleave specs, but it feels competetive to me.

Haven't had luck getting any trinkets at all Would love to mess around with some of them.

I absolutly LOVE Caged Horror. It doesn't have an ICD and helps a lot with AoE.
    <inactive>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Yea the disc priest in my guild is rocking both Darkheart's Gnarled Root and Caged Horror, says the even heal via atonement - he does pretty awesome AOE damage ><
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

is that the trinket from ravencrest ?

Homophobia is so gay.

So I have 5 825 Trinkets. Any help with which ones I should use?

they include:

Moonlit Prism
    Caged Horror
    Figurehead of Naglfar
    Stormsinger Fulmination Charge
    and Leycoral Shard, 977 int + 849 haste.

0.85 PPM is pretty bad though. It never proccs when i need it (big pulls), which makes it pretty mediocre. But maybe i will give it a try after the orb of voidsight nerf.

I have Caged Horror, and sure it's nice. But I can't get behind people saying that it helps, when it's available to any other caster. It does nothing to close the gap between spriest and other classes, which is the real issue here

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    0.85 PPM is pretty bad though. It never proccs when i need it (big pulls), which makes it pretty mediocre. But maybe i will give it a try after the orb of voidsight nerf.
    Wrong data i guess. Feels like 2-3PPM. Or i'm just an RNG god.
    Last edited by Theed; 2016-09-07 at 01:56 PM.
    <inactive>

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed heirloom trinkets. Time to redo those BIS lists boys. lol

I'll have to check the new proc rate on it, that's the only change I see. I know twintop is working on a new BiS list since wowhead's scaling went a bit wonky at first. I'll try and do a rough go of trinkets today.

@Theed Have you done any of those world quests that are pvp battles? I felt I was melting faces just great until a monk came over and just decimated me in 2 seconds >>

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'll have to check the new proc rate on it, that's the only change I see. I know twintop is working on a new BiS list since wowhead's scaling went a bit wonky at first. I'll try and do a rough go of trinkets today.

@Theed Have you done any of those world quests that are pvp battles? I felt I was melting faces just great until a monk came over and just decimated me in 2 seconds >>
    My Server is 99% alliance. So the normal "pvp" wquests are PvE. But the murloc and Arena wpvp quests are scary as shadow without a group. I miss spectral guise SO much. I think i will switch to Night elf again, even if it just to drop combat against NPCs.

I got pvp level 50 yesterday and prestiged to get the Vision of Madness artifact skin when i'm at 50 again. Shadow feels like a joke without Void Origins. It has to become baseline.
    <inactive>

My Server is 99% alliance. So the normal "pvp" wquests are PvE. But the murloc and Arena wpvp quests are scary as shadow without a group. I miss spectral guise SO much. I think i will switch to Night elf again, even if it just to drop combat against NPCs.

I got pvp level 50 yesterday and prestiged to get the Vision of Madness artifact skin when i'm at 50 again. Shadow feels like a joke without Void Origins. It has to become baseline.
    I thought that PvP Talents didn't work in World PvP.

I'm more talking about the brawl arena's, I'm on a PvE server that's 99% alliance as well, just more curious about it.