Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoD doesn't deserve that. Kael'thas does. Blizzard needs to allocate more resources to paying Micky Neilson to finish that EIGHTY-PAGE NOVELLA.

At this point, all WoD deserves is a tiny mention in an Ask CDev Q&A saying "Someone sealed the breach between the two universes so now AU Draenor is never going to be an element in the story ever again. We dunno who sealed it, but they did." And if someone asks any questions that result in holes in that story, they can be like "Uh.........we'll explain later........uh, yeah, actually, uh, we wrote down a long 80-page novella about how that happened, and we've had it for years, we've just uh..........been trying to figure out how to release that, yeah, that's it.....we'll leave you hanging for 10 years, and hopefully by 2026, you'll have forgotten about AU Draenor so we can keep shoveling on more of what everybody loves: Being ordered around by Khadgar and hanging out in Dalaran after the Seventh Purge of Dalaran shattering all trust between Horde and the Kirin Tor for the millionth time, but they somehow mend fences again despite the Kirin Tor never acknowledging that they're the ones in the wrong. Oh, and we'll make the Horde look like whiny begging dogs every time. Sound fun?"

At this point, no.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

As soon as Gul'dan drops dead the story of WoD will be over and done with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    WoD doesn't deserve that. Kael'thas does. Blizzard needs to allocate more resources to paying Micky Neilson to finish that EIGHTY-PAGE NOVELLA.

At this point, all WoD deserves is a tiny mention in an Ask CDev Q&A saying "Someone sealed the breach between the two universes so now AU Draenor is never going to be an element in the story ever again. We dunno who sealed it, but they did." And if someone asks any questions that result in holes in that story, they can be like "Uh.........we'll explain later........uh, yeah, actually, uh, we wrote down a long 80-page novella about how that happened, and we've had it for years, we've just uh..........been trying to figure out how to release that, yeah, that's it.....we'll leave you hanging for 10 years, and hopefully by 2026, you'll have forgotten about AU Draenor so we can keep shoveling on more of what everybody loves: Being ordered around by Khadgar and hanging out in Dalaran after the Seventh Purge of Dalaran shattering all trust between Horde and the Kirin Tor for the millionth time, but they somehow mend fences again despite the Kirin Tor never acknowledging that they're the ones in the wrong. Oh, and we'll make the Horde look like whiny begging dogs every time. Sound fun?"
    It's not going to happen, let it go and you can't really say WoD deserves it. Thirdly Micky doesn't work for Blizzard anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's absolutely retarded that Yrel says "If you ever need us, we will be here."

I'd say the Legion wrecking our shit qualifies as a need. Where is she?
    Especially since it is their Gul'dan we are dealing with. I like to imagine that Khadgar was just fed up with Yrel and decided to not bother calling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Especially since it is their Gul'dan we are dealing with. I like to imagine that Khadgar was just fed up with Yrel and decided to not bother calling.
    Blizzard stated they had their own issues to attend to in the old world - probably cleaning up and such. Though I´d say the story for wod was messy enough as it is, so many things they could have done better there.
    But at least there are plenty story points in Legion that adresses the fact that is isn´t "our" Gul´dan in the world atm.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

My only problem with WoD in Legion, the one thing I can't forget about is the "If you need us, we will be here" comment by Yrel.

Now, if this was just some quest text written by some retard quest designer, fine.

But it was a damn cinematic. The cinematic right before Legion's launch.

So I have to assume one of the following is true

1. Khadgar took Yrel's offer, asked her, and she laughed and told him to fuck off home and built a wall and made Azeroth pay for it.
    2. Khadgar doesn't think we need help, we've after all ONLY lost the leader of the Horde, Alliance and the Argent Crusade. Why would we need back up, familiar in battling demons?
    3. Blizzard totally forgot.
    4. Blizzard didn't forget, and is just going to pretend that cinematic didn't occur.

All 4 are terrible.

ALL it would've taken is to have Yrel be at the broken shore and die, or either help us there then vanish. We don't see Gelbin Mekkatorque around much, but because he was at the Broken Shore, we KNOW that hes at least fighting the Legion with us. All they had to do was have Yrel be at the final showdown, perhaps she stays behind to try and recover Tirion after Krosus vapes him.

Gahhh!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I never want to go back to Draenor.

Lets assume the time shards broke, and the connection between the two worlds vanished.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I just assume that we have no real access to the AU Draenor anymore, really. Whoever of our troops chose to remain behind is, well, basically and in game term: opted for not buying the Legion expansion.

WoD was probably the worst expansion so far: not enough content, sloppily written plot and whatnot.
    But as a setting it intrigues me. It is, after all, a whole another world with which we have already gotten involved. Theoretically, they are rebuilding after a great war, but we moved on and left them frozen. (For that matter, this also goes for "our" Draenor and Northrend.) It does not deserve an entire patch... but if there was maybe a quest or three, perhaps a scenario, that allowed us to help out in cleaning up, I'd pop back to help out. Especially if that unlocked a phase with fewer ruins/fires/demons. Like, taking back Shattrath.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2016-09-08 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I am not going to deny that I loved Draenor the world. The leveling experience was also great, and is still one of the best. The idea behind leading an army was also good but practically it dealt a death blow to the entire setting, because we were portrayed as the Superman who came to Draenor instead of the stranded army leader who is desperately trying to survive in this savage world with his minimal resources.

It just is I really don't want anything from the AU to carry over. Gul'dan was the only exception, and luckily I could get behind that because I loved his role even in WoD, but aside of that I think that it's better to just leave them behind.

And people actually thought Yrel is coming with us. XD

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They could make a 3 second cinematic of Draenor blowing up to introduce the next patch and let that be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who cares what happens in another universe?
    WoD, and pretty much any "alternate universe" storyline ever, summed up in 1 sentence.

Nope, what transpired in WoD was a total disaster and joke. No more time travel BS for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Blizzard said they're leaving the people of AU Draenor where they are during Legion but they could certainly be brought back after that.

I agree and assuming Velen leads the Draenei to Argus, they will still need someone to stay behind and lead their people on Azeroth. Yrel is the only person who could do that because of how much lore she got in WoD. It could also be seen as a means of giving her more responsability. It could be explained as MU Velen going to AU Draenor and personally asking Yrel and the Council of Exarchs to lead their people on MU Azeroth while he goes to Argus. Could be either a story or even a quest chain.

If a quest chain, it would be about unifying both Draenei factions. The Azeroth Draenei gain the power of the Rangari and by extension, the Rogue Class. The AU Draenei gain the secrets of Shamanism as well. The Draenei starting experience + Bloodmyst Isle also changes: You are a young Draenei who just arrived from AU Draenor and are tasked with helping your people settle on their new home away from home. When you go to Bloodmyst Isle, you will work with the Hand of Argus to establish a new town for the Council of Exarchs: New Elodor When done with that, you are sent Azure Watch where you meet up with Yrel and Velen.

Velen tells you he's preparing to lead the bulk of their people to Argus on The Exodar and is entrusting Azeroth to you and The Council. He encourages you to meet with King Anduin Wrynn in Stormwind City, who Yrel herself has yet to meet. After meeting Anduin, word reaches you The Exodar has left Azeroth. Upon finishing the chain, when you return to where the Exodar was there will be a crater. A passing Mage will tell you all of the amenities that were in the Exodar including bankers and auctioneers were sent to New Elodor, offering to teleport you there. By the time you finish the chain you will be level 19 or 20.

For non-new Draenei and non-Draenei you can still do the chain starting with joining Velen on his trip to Elodor to meet with the Council of Exarchs to founding New Elodor and ending with seeing Velen off. Exodar Faction is also changed to New Elodor.
    This sounds amazing. And I think blizzard will do something like that, considering how good the story has been of late. (not sarcastic, i actually consider blizzard games lore very good)

If they do this, they will also have to do something about Belves, as they came in a package with the draenei. They could team up with the nightborne and finally become a force to be reckoned with. They have a lot in common, including obsession with the arcane and wells. And maybe the nightborne have better architects to help then rebuild Silvermoon after so many years. The level 1 Belf can help them with that, carrying slabs of concrete or something.

Blizzard already showed the ending of Warlords of Draenor: Grommash and his Iron Horde are abolished of all crimes committed against the Draenei people and everyone gets along peacefully with no conflicts for the rest of eternity.

Honestly, I think that at the time they were making the cinematic, the plan was for Draenor forces to join us in the war against the Legion - but later on, while making Legion, they've just realized that Draenor guys popping up would make a lot of people angry, so they've decided to cut that entirely.

As for me, I'd like to see them help us - maybe not as main story figures, but... some characters would be cool as foll... class hall champions. After all, if you wouldn't want to use them, you could just deactivate them and forget - but there would be something to show that at least some of them are helping out in some way

Deleted
    I'm more interested and invested in the fate of Outland and the people who suffer there at the moment. Reckless Illidan left that place in shambles and so did we. I want to go back and make things right for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phram View Post
    This sounds amazing. And I think blizzard will do something like that, considering how good the story has been of late. (not sarcastic, i actually consider blizzard games lore very good)

If they do this, they will also have to do something about Belves, as they came in a package with the draenei. They could team up with the nightborne and finally become a force to be reckoned with. They have a lot in common, including obsession with the arcane and wells. And maybe the nightborne have better architects to help then rebuild Silvermoon after so many years. The level 1 Belf can help them with that, carrying slabs of concrete or something.
    Lorewise, the Blood Elves have been gone from Azuremyst and Bloodmyst for years. They were also Kael'thas' followers, not the Horde-aligned Blood Elves who were chasing after the Exodar fromn Outland. The redesigned Quest experience would note this but the focus would be on securing Amen Vale and Azuremyst Isle. By the time you head to Bloodmyst Isle, the Alliance has sent supplies and laborers from Stormwind, Ironforge and Darnassus to help build new Elodor.

Horde side, it's about bringing the Orcs of Draenor to Azeroth:

Varok Saurfang and Eitrigg ask you to join them on a diplomacy trip to Draenor where you meet with Durotan, Grom and Drek'thar. They wanted Thrall to come with them too but he declined. You arrive in Nagrand where you meet Durotan, Grom and Drek'thar at the Throne of the Elements. Grom had just finished telling them about how he met Garrosh Hellscream and of what had happened in his timeline when the Azeroth envoy arrives. Saurfang confirms the events were indeed true but thanks to the efforts of their Grommash Hellscream, the Orcs were able to sever the chains that bound them to the Burning Legion. Eitrigg then explains their Durotan and Drek'thar risked everything to protect the old ways and ultimately succeeded.

Then, things turn to the main topic: Bringing some of the Draenor Orc leaders to Azeroth. Drek'thar takes himself out of the nomination and says he wants to remain on Draenor. He wants to be there for whichever of the remaining two remains behind with him. Durotan shoots back, saying if he were to go he would move their clan to Azeroth as well. Grom interjects, saying he wants to fight you in a duel first before he makes a decision. Saurfang then makes a proposal: All three of them vs. the 3 Draenor Orc Leaders. If Team Azeroth wins, you will choose who goes without objection. If Team Draenor wins, they will decide among them. The terms are agreed and the teams fight.

After your team wins the tough 3 on 3 match, Eitrigg and Varok vote in favor of choosing Grom Hellscream and the remnants of the Iron Horde. Grom is obviously pleased and sets off to let those who still follow him know they're moving to a new world. Things then shift to the Gates of Orgrimmar. Grom is a little confused when he comes to the Horde seat of power named for him but then he remembers this world had its own Grom. It is here learns for the first time Garrosh Hellscream was the son of this world's Grom. Now possessing two Gorehowls, Grom vows to restore the honor of the Warsong Clan and remind their Green-skinned counterparts of what is possible if they stay united. Saurfang named Grom Warlord of Orgrimmar and the Warsong Clan.

Cutscene over, you are now tasked with helping the Iron Horde establish two settlements on Azeroth: One where Taurajo once stood in Southern Barrens, the other in Desolace. To move supplies into the Southern Barrens, the Horde builds a bridge over The Great Divide. The Quilboar jump at the opportunity to run interference but fortunately, our old friend Mankirk is taking point on keeping them at bay. In Deslace, the nightmare scenario happens: The Cenataur clans unite to take on the new settlers from Draenor. Then it's revealed they're being backed by the Alliance. Thanks to the timely arrival of Grom himself, the Centaur army is crushed and the Warsong Clan's settlement is secured.

This would be a a long quest chain and like the Alliance/Draenei version, it would scale with your level. After you clear it for the first time, new quest chains are unlocked in both zones.

The rehashed Southern Barrens expirience focuses on dealing with both the Quilboar and the Alliance, which still maintains a presence in the southeast and northwest. The Alliance version focuses on keeping the overland route to the northwest open, rebuilding Northwatch hold and trying to take the bridge the Horde built over The Great Divide. The final part of the chain for both sides involves an all-out fight between the Alliance and the Horde for the bride, ending with the quilboar attacking both forces in a bid to take advantage of the situation. After dealing with them, both armies decide to withdraw for now.

The rehashed Desolace expeirnece focuses on helping the Warsong Clan establish diplomatic ties with the Cenarion Circle, dealing with the demons nearby and taking Thunder Axe Fortress, which the Alliance recently captured and is reinforcing. The Alliance version focuses on ensuring efforts to establish a western overland suppy route west of the Cenarion Wildlands are not sabotaged by the Warsong Clan. Once it's done, you are called in to help capture Thunder Axe Fortress from the cultists who reside there before the Warsong Clan notices. Once taken, work is begun on reinforceing the Fortress. After the outer walls a rebuilt, you learn the Horde is coming in force to attack the Fortress. The final part of the chain for both sides has the Horde breaching the wall and getting inside...only to be driven back by Worgen reinforcements that arrived just in time.

Even though they won, the Alliance decides not to put too much into holding the stronghold for now: If the Horde makes another serious attempt, they would probably be able to take the Fortress. Thunder Axe Fortress will now be an outdoor PvP area. The faction that controls it gains a zonewide buff for all players of their faction in Desolace and Maradon. For PvPers, you will gain a Mark of Honor for taking it for your faction and any enemy players you kill in and immediately around the fortress.

...Head cannon went nuts again there XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D