Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if there is a level of haste that would make Ancestral Swiftness better than Hailstorm? What I mean by that is, if you have low haste and high mastery
    (say 45%-50% mastery and only 15ish% haste) would that make AS better than Hailstorm? Or is there no stat point where AS beats out Hailstorm?

How does this trinket rank compared to other ones? Picked it up from WQ http://www.wowhead.com/item=135691/v...est&bonus=1482 (850 version)

Only way to tell for sure is to sim it out. Grab SimCraft and it's corresponding WoW addon.

Got to say, getting a 3rd relic slot (with an epic relic too!) has really changed how powerful the spec feels doing world quests. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Got to say, getting a 3rd relic slot (with an epic relic too!) has really changed how powerful the spec feels doing world quests. Love it.
    I agree. Unlocked mine before mythics last night, and I felt a huge difference. My DH dungeon runner was really starting to outpace my single target damage(legendaries have that effect :/). But after I got my 3rd relic I jumped ahead on single target again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    I agree. Unlocked mine before mythics last night, and I felt a huge difference. My DH dungeon runner was really starting to outpace my single target damage(legendaries have that effect :/). But after I got my 3rd relic I jumped ahead on single target again.
    And then everyone else gets their 3rd relic slot and we're back to 3rd place. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    And then everyone else gets their 3rd relic slot and we're back to 3rd place. ;P
    I'm not seeing that at all. I'm routinely beating the DH and Mage I run with in ST dps.

Enh ST is very strong.

Sorry if this has been answered, could not find any information on this.

On single target, with Crashing Storm talented, why is Crash Lighting prioritized after Stormstrike? I was curious about this because of the artifact skill “Gathering Storms” that buffs Stormstrike after Crash Lightning.

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses.

i think its because when stormbringer procs after the first stormstrike and resets it you will hit bigger because it stacks with the clash lightning buff talent

Quote Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post

On single target, with Crashing Storm talented, why is Crash Lighting prioritized after Stormstrike? I was curious about this because of the artifact skill “Gathering Storms” that buffs Stormstrike after Crash Lightning.

I asked this about two pages ago and it was answered so let's repeat the last two pages again.

You CL after stormstrike because CL hits with both weapons therefore is an extra chance to proc stormbringer if it hasn't procced yet. By the time stormstrike is up again your gathering storms buff will be up again. This is for SINGLE TARGET DPS only.

When you go into your second rotation your gathering storms will be up. Please note this is only for ST dps.

nvm 10char
    Last edited by LeoDT; 2016-09-09 at 04:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post

Because Stormstrike hits a hell of a lot harder and you want to get as many stormstrikes out as possible during an encounter. If you get a stormbringer proc while base SS is off CD you wasted an SS. If it's on CD with an SB proc you get 3 stormstrikes, if it was off CD you only got 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    Wondering if there is a level of haste that would make Ancestral Swiftness better than Hailstorm? What I mean by that is, if you have low haste and high mastery
    (say 45%-50% mastery and only 15ish% haste) would that make AS better than Hailstorm? Or is there no stat point where AS beats out Hailstorm?
    I really doubt ever on single target, on a fight which lasts a reasonable amount of time.

Quick question, Does the 0,7 ratio between haste vs mastery apply on the amount of those stats, or on the percentage displayed on your character window? Sorry, but it's not really clear to me.

@Akinawe It's based on the Ratings, 5000 mastery should equate to 3250 (assuming a 65% haste to mastery, which is my personal sweet spot, would be 3500 with the default 70%)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akinawe View Post
    Quick question, Does the 0,7 ratio between haste vs mastery apply on the amount of those stats, or on the percentage displayed on your character window? Sorry, but it's not really clear to me.
    It would be the stat amount. I wouldn't seriously consider dropping mastery to get a 70% ratio though. It's more of a general aim of wanting mastery but haste to back it up.

There was a similar situation sometime in MoP (I think SoO?) where you wanted around a 3:2 mastery:haste ratio (pretty sure it was SoO because ToT was haste prio). But dropping mastery for haste is going about it wrong. It's more of guideline for what you're aiming for, I'd only consider dropping mastery for haste if the ratio is really getting low, ie. less than 45-40% maybe. I was running a passive haste trinket over a mastery one for a while because I felt haste was really low compared, but that was an exception. I'm running around 4.6K haste to 10K mastery at the moment (at 845) and I don't feel like my haste is lacking for the current content. Maybe if the fight drags on longer in a raid, but they are a ways off yet.
    Last edited by mmoc0df596f2b8; 2016-09-08 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks for the quick answers! One more:
    How does Ancestrall swiftness interact with this ratio. If you already have a near 70% ratio with the stuff, does it is really worth it, or hailstorm become better? A lot a person on this forum seems to be using hailstorm, but i've read that AS is better, especially for AOE, wich is a good partof those mythic dungeons.
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Akinawe View Post
    Thanks for the quick answers! One more:
    How does Ancestrall swiftness interact with this ratio. If you already have a near 70% ratio with the stuff, does it is really worth it, or hailstorm become better? A lot a person on this forum seems to be using hailstorm, but i've read that AS is better, especially for AOE, wich is a good partof those mythic dungeons.
    Thanks a lot.
    AS is worth 3500~ Haste rating, so you can effectively add that to what you have to work out if the ratio is correct. AS however is not better than Hailstorm unless it's 5+ targets of sustained AoE, Hailstorm is extremely strong.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    AS is worth 3500~ Haste rating, so you can effectively add that to what you have to work out if the ratio is correct. AS however is not better than Hailstorm unless it's 5+ targets of sustained AoE, Hailstorm is extremely strong.
    How come AS boosts my haste to 30% from 18%?

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    How come AS boosts my haste to 30% from 18%?
    Because it's a 10% increase to all your haste, alongside a flat 10%. I just gave a rough amount that people can value it on at current low Haste values, since adding that in will make it yet more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Because it's a 10% increase to all your haste, alongside a flat 10%. I just gave a rough amount that people can value it on at current low Haste values, since adding that in will make it yet more confusing.
    Hmm ok thanks. They ought to say so in the tooltip.