green gems from 150 to 100 stat

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Don't see the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    blue gems from 250 to 150 stat

green gems from 150 to 100 stat

Thoughts?
    Thoughts are that a great team made Legion, and they handed it off to 5 temps to keep things running, and they're shitting on it. Kite nerf, toy nerfs, skinning nerfs, timeworn artifacts still being unable to turn in, gem nerfs, profession gear being not worth the effort.. There's a long line of 'WTF is going on..' right now.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-08 at 07:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Thoughts are that a great team made Legion, and they handed it off to 5 temps to keep things running, and they're shitting on it. Kite nerf, toy nerfs, skinning nerfs, timelost artifacts still being unable to turn in, gem nerfs, profession gear being not worth the effort.. There's a long line of 'WTF is going on..' right now.
    Skinning nerf was needed. I got way too much too early. I had like 5000 total after I hit 110 and I only skinned most of what I killed and nothing else. Kite nerf is just a test it might be changed again. However the biggest issue I have is the Brulfist change, they should at least have made it go higher than Demon Hunter's double jump.

omg....

blizzard logic, nerf gems that are fucking hard (expensive) to craft anyway because of the rng "gemchip" game.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-08 at 06:29 PM.

(1) This was going to happen at some point. Sockets were notoriously over-budget.

(2) This will almost certainly have no impact on the value of JC as a profession because socketed gear is still BiS at any given ilvl.

(3) Can we please stop calling everything a ninja nerf when the clear pattern is that hotfixes are applied at will and then cataloged by Blizzard in a digest post overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Skinning nerf was needed. I got way too much too early. I had like 5000 total after I hit 110 and I only skinned most of what I killed and nothing else. Kite nerf is just a test it might be changed again. However the biggest issue I have is the Brulfist change, they should at least have made it go higher than Demon Hunter's double jump.
    Skinning could use a nerf yes, but when each rank only gets you a CHANCE to get one single extra leather/scale? And it's not like say mining, where everyone can share a node, and you can spawn an extra mob for 10+ extra ore. Other gathering professions also can't be griefed by people tagging something and not looting. Would see it far more reasonable if rank 1 got you 1-3, rank 2 got you 4-6, and rank 3 got you 7-9.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    (1) This was going to happen at some point. Sockets were notoriously over-budget.

(2) This will almost certainly have no impact on the value of JC as a profession because socketed gear is still BiS at any given ilvl.

(3) Can we please stop calling everything a ninja nerf when the clear pattern is that hotfixes are applied at will and then cataloged by Blizzard in a digest post overnight.
    Actually if a change happens before it's documentation, that is kind of exactly what a ninja nerf is. Secondly, 50 stat difference between a green and a blue, and you think that's fine given the cost difference between the two?

Wish they'd quit stealth nerfing. Glad they nerfed the gems though, a socket was worth way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Thoughts are that a great team made Legion, and they handed it off to 5 temps to keep things running, and they're shitting on it. Kite nerf, toy nerfs, skinning nerfs, timelost artifacts still being unable to turn in, gem nerfs, profession gear being not worth the effort.. There's a long line of 'WTF is going on..' right now.
    The kite nerf made perfect sense. It circumvented the entire point of engineering as a profession. If everyone gets toys that do the key things engineering does, how does that make players feel who raised that profession up to max? This was a common sense nerf 100%.

The same goes for the totem, which circumvents the gnomish gravity well of engineers (albeit weakly).

Secondly, 50 stat difference between a green and a blue, and you think that's fine given the cost difference between the two?
    In what way is this remotely different from the way stat enhancements have been handled in the past? The incremental improvement between best and second-best has always come with prohibitive cost.

Deleted
    Not at all surprised. 250 secondary stats was RIDICULOUSLY strong for a socket upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The kite nerf made perfect sense. It circumvented the entire point of engineering as a profession. If everyone gets toys that do the key things engineering does, how does that make players feel who raised that profession up to max? This was a common sense nerf 100%.

The same goes for the totem, which circumvents the gnomish gravity well of engineers (albeit weakly).
    Yes, you're right, that's why they made a new glider this expansion to use this expansions mats.

....Oh wait...

Even if so, 15 minutes? 6-10 minutes would of easily corrected that, as then if you want better, you go for an expansion-old engineering pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    In what way is this remotely different from the way stat enhancements have been handled in the past? The incremental improvement between best and second-best has always come with prohibitive cost.
    The rarity of the materials needed. Prospected 500 felslate, got 5 rare gems.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-08 at 06:43 PM.

Casually ninja removing 500 crit from my char, thanks blizz!

Yes, you're right, that's why they made a new glider this expansion to use this expansions mats.

....Oh wait...

Even if so, 15 minutes? 6-10 minutes would of easily corrected that, as then if you want better, you go for an expansion-old engineering pattern.

The rarity of the materials needed.
    I don't understand what your point is. What difference does it make if engineers get a new glider or not? The point in engineering is to have glider, nitro boosts, and many other useful items. How can you not see that the kite negates and entire professions purpose?

I don't understand what your point is. What difference does it make if engineers get a new glider or not? The point in engineering is to have glider, nitro boosts, and many other useful items. How can you not see that the kite negates and entire professions purpose?
    It matters because the engineering glider is last expansion, you have to make the profession user go to old content to farm mats for it. There should be a new version for this expansion if it is indeed 'what the profession is supposed to do', and once again, 6-10 minute cooldown on the glider would do exactly what you want, which is making the engineering glider superior, 15 minutes is simply stupid.

Also if the 'entire profession's purpose' is a glider, that profession needs to be reworked.

it make no sense, all professions are useless why should enginner be useful ?

ppl will just use the goblin glider then ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    It is a good change because it makes the quite rare sockets worth less, thus making luck less of a deciding factor when gearing. If you can't see the logic in this, I don't know, keep crying I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    It is a good change because it makes the quite rare sockets worth less, thus making luck less of a deciding factor when gearing. If you can't see the logic in this, I don't know, keep crying I guess.
    Wouldn't be much of an issue if they increased the amount of rare gems you could get, as right now it's pretty much pointless to make blue gems over green given cost compared to only a 50 stat increase, in a time where one piece of gear can give well over 1000 of a stat.

Deleted
    Well we simply can nerf their income Yes???
    The reason sockets to be rare is that they are valiuble(dint they say this in WoD)
    100 stat for this level is nothing its like to wear green gems in WoD after all we do not have 16 sockets on the gear

It matters because the engineering glider is last expansion, you have to make the profession user go to old content to farm mats for it. There should be a new version for this expansion if it is indeed 'what the profession is supposed to do', and once again, 6-10 minute cooldown on the glider would do exactly what you want, which is making the engineering glider superior, 15 minutes is simply stupid.

Also if the 'entire profession's purpose' is a glider, that profession needs to be reworked.
    The glider that actual engineers use isn't from last expansion. You are just complaining at this point. By your logic, tailors should be able to make plate armor, anyone can craft a gem, and there should be world drop enchants. What you are saying just doesn't make any sense if you follow your logic out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    it make no sense, all professions are useless why should enginner be useful ?

ppl will just use the goblin glider then ...
    So if I don't have tailoring, I can make cloaks? Please, show me how to do that.