Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Of course i know what Aleppo is ... there are things like general education, geography and news, you know?! Where i live we get to enjoy all those things, so it seems to me that someone who is running for president of the US should know things like this:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-aleppo-227878

The guy is batshit insane, who cares if he doesn't know one of the oldest cities on the planet?

Sorry, but i cannot believe his ‘I blanked’ story. Either you understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict - like he proclaims - and you know that Aleppo is major focus or you don't. The way i see it he does neither.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Sorry, but i cannot believe his ‘I blanked’ story. Either you understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict - like he proclaims - and you know that Aleppo is major focus or you don't. The way i see it he does neither.
    Seeing how he has discussed it in detail prior to this flub I am willing to believe him over you.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Seeing how he has discussed it in detail prior to this flub I am willing to believe him over you.
    This might be true, i don't follow him.

Edit: Can you link examples for this?
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2016-09-09 at 12:45 PM.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

I think I would rather he admit he drew a blank at that moment instead of trying to spew some bullshit answer.

hes just that stupid yes, now u see what kind of ppl support unlimited immigration, ppl like gary johnson who want to become president but dont even know what Aleppo is which is one of the oldest cities in the middle east, like hundreds of years old, did this fuckboi gary even read a book in his pathetic sjw life

Based on the clip and his claim that he just misunderstood, I find his claim plausible. That the media finally found something they're interested in covering about Johnson really speaks volumes. I prefer Johnson's lack of instant familiarity with Aleppo to the Clinton and Trump enthusiasm for bombing the shit out of any hot areas that are on their radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary doesn't know what Confidential "C" means and Trump thinks that Ted Cruz is involved in the JFK assassination...

Are people really REALLY complaining about this? Time to put them on ignore.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    btw: capital of Uzbekistan is of course Taschkent. Basic knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it being a big deal. It's not like everyone in the US will know what Allepo is. Doesn't seem like it would be common knowledge. Hell, I didn't even know what Allepo was.

Still, as a politician I feel like you should know especially if you wish to become the president.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Still, as a politician I feel like you should know especially if you wish to become the president.
    This is what the big deal is. It's a rather fundamental part of foreign policy knowledge -- which an average joe doesn't need to know, but a presidential candidate should. Syria is a bit of a mess that the next president is going to have to deal with. A lack of knowledge in this area is problematic for the next commander in chief.

EDIT -- frankly I'm becoming increasingly dismayed at the seeming lack of standards we're developing for presidential candidates. It's not like these people wake up in January and decide to run for president that year. They know for a while and have lots of time to get up to speed -- and if they don't that should be concerning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    This is what the big deal is. It's a rather fundamental part of foreign policy knowledge -- which an average joe doesn't need to know, but a presidential candidate should. Syria is a bit of a mess that the next president is going to have to deal with. A lack of knowledge in this area is problematic for the next commander in chief.

EDIT -- frankly I'm becoming increasingly dismayed at the seeming lack of standards we're developing for presidential candidates. It's not like these people wake up in January and decide to run for president that year. They know for a while and have lots of time to get up to speed -- and if they don't that should be concerning.
    Yeah you're right.

So much for voting third party, huh? So now it's either you have a chronic liar, a wannabe moron politician who has no idea what he's doing, or someone who is uneducated about the world's countries which makes you wonder what else doesn't he know about. Such great choices. At this rate I should run for president if the standards are this low.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-09 at 06:19 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I don't see it being a big deal. It's not like everyone in the US will know what Allepo is. Doesn't seem like it would be common knowledge. Hell, I didn't even know what Allepo was.
    I doubt most Westerners know where Syria is.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate I should run for president if the standards are this low.
    I think collectively as a country we'd do ourselves a huge favor if we started expecting more from our politicians. I think people are so disgusted with politics that they actually enable poor behavior because when it comes out people just shrug and go "eh, it's a politician." I know I've been guilty of that myself but with a lack of a better choice I don't really know what to do other than continue picking who I feel is the least bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I doubt most Westerners know where Syria is.
    Most Westerners aren't running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I don't know what Allepo is either.

Well I do after reading your tidbit OP. But still. Not really useful to most people to know the name of a city in Syria.
    Most people are not running for president.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no clue where or what Aleppo is. Thought it was dog food.

I guess Gary is who I should vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    hes just that stupid yes, now u see what kind of ppl support unlimited immigration, ppl like gary johnson who want to become president but dont even know what Aleppo is which is one of the oldest cities in the middle east, like hundreds of years old, did this fuckboi gary even read a book in his pathetic sjw life
    wow an old city in the middle east? WOW. like who the fuck cares? lmao this is downright silly now and resorted to nation bashing. good job europeans, you never fail.

Living up to the stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    wow an old city in the middle east? WOW. like who the fuck cares? lmao this is downright silly now and resorted to nation bashing. good job europeans, you never fail.
    yea i see u read just as many books as gary which is zero.

the middle east wasnt always a shithole, it has a very rich history, aleppo is a famous city, i dont expect a guy like you who has 4k posts on a wow forum to read books but gary johnson wants to be POTUS