Im playing BM hunter and sitting at 90% mastery while im with only 7% haste, should i try to swap some of those two stats to increase my haste a bit even decreasing my mastery since the primal stat after agility is mastery for BMs? Thanks for any answer since now

Just got the Chrono Shard set yesterday. 6,020 Haste proc for 10 secs feels extremely good for marksman. Every time it's up it just helps recharge those sidwinders quickly and gives me a nice boost to passive focus regen along with the lower GCDs. I think there is a healthy balance of mastery and haste you need to aim for so that you don't have dead periods during long fights.

Pounced#1519

Did barrage damage to main target been nerfed in the recent change?

Deleted
    got two world quest trinkets. one blue 830 with: agil:1023 and also a 845 world quest trinket:agil:1173 crit:915. not sure which ones it best to use. as for second one am using horn hc version frome valor instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    got two world quest trinkets. one blue 830 with: agil:1023 and also a 845 world quest trinket:agil:1173 crit:915. not sure which ones it best to use. as for second one am using horn hc version frome valor instance.
    If you're going to ask for help it wouldn't be a bad idea to not be so lazy when typing out stuff. "horn hc version frome valor instance" may not ring a bell for everyone unless they've seen the Horn of Valor before.

But more importantly, you didn't even type out the secoondary stat of the first trinket you described, which seems like picking the 845 one is obvious. You also didn't even specify your spec.

Anyways, I looked at your armory and noticed you seem to play MM and the first trinket is agi/mastery. I'd say keep that over the 845 one with agi/crit, and replace your horn of valor with the 845 one. Versatility is likely your worst stat as an MM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    Just got the Chrono Shard set yesterday. 6,020 Haste proc for 10 secs feels extremely good for marksman. Every time it's up it just helps recharge those sidwinders quickly and gives me a nice boost to passive focus regen along with the lower GCDs. I think there is a healthy balance of mastery and haste you need to aim for so that you don't have dead periods during long fights.
    I agree with this entirely. Going by Azor's stat weights, haste seems to be very undervalued for MM hunters when it can help a lot. How much does your simsoftware account for human lag/error Azor? I could see the software thinking haste is worth less than it may be for some people if it works under the assumption that you're pulling of a constant millisecond perfect rotation. I'm very open to being convinced I'm wrong, though. But even so, I feel like the greatest value with haste is that once you get below 1.8-ish you can do Sidewinder>AS>AS>Marked without losing the Vulnerable buff before Marked shot, which is possible unless you pay attention above 1.8s cast times for your AS.
    Last edited by mmoc77f24adff0; 2016-09-09 at 05:45 PM.

I just got these from Eye of Aszhara mythic - are they the best legendary or is the belt better?

http://i.imgur.com/sqqzmgi.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post
    I just got these from Eye of Aszhara mythic - are they the best legendary or is the belt better?

[image redacted because low post count]
    It depends on encounter entirely. The effect of the boots is completely lost if you manage to kill a boss before you can get in a 2nd Trueshot. If you somehow are so lucky as to have both the legendaries, keep both around and (imo) swap to belt as soon as you are doing trash or a boss that you know will die quickly for maximum efficiency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post

http://i.imgur.com/sqqzmgi.png
    Already covered and answered in the guide for which this thread was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Already covered and answered in the guide for which this thread was created.
    Sorry didn't see it, thanks

It was a fuckup of mine to recommend Crit over Haste at any point and I deeply apologize for it, something to do with talent combos and really just fucking stupid methodology. It's very close, as it was before (basically, everything is as it was before). Goes to show how slightly bad simulations can fuck up the whole result and why I bitch so much about people doing bad sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some googling/searching but couldn't find, is there an updated version of Azor's UI? Thanks in advance.

You know, it really pains me to feel like the hunter has just been hardcore shafted on 2 specs, and 1 of them in terms of lore (looking at you BM). It does very well in dungeons, I'm aware of that...I just despise Hati. And I've been BM for 7 years.

MM is the best spec, but is pet-less, which is like 75% of my dislike of MM. The rest is that I don't like the rotation whatsoever. It just feels clunky and boring to me. I know that I can use a pet with one of the other tier1 talents, but they're both garbage compared to just a flat bonus to everything.

SV is fun, entertaining, and honestly should've been BM, granted, with some tweaks... But it's just not worth bringing it when MM has none of the downsides of SV, and overall better damage done easier...

I swear, hunter is like stockholm syndrome for me atm. It took me days, to decide which artifact to do first, ended up doing the gun...regrets were had until lvl 102. I really enjoy SV, but...is it worth investing in it for the purpose of raiding? I know that I can technically do whatever I want since I'm not going to be progress raiding, but I can't enjoy being intentionally subpar to another spec, because it just...makes me feel awful. Sucking is not fun, but playing something I hate is counter-productive as well.

God I feel so dumb atm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Murder of crows or barrage for dungeons? Seems to change depending on the person, the guide recommends volley but no one uses it.

MoC is better for ST but with the aoe packs taking up the most time of the dungeon is it best to go barrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Murder of crows or barrage for dungeons? Seems to change depending on the person, the guide recommends volley but no one uses it.

MoC is better for ST but with the aoe packs taking up the most time of the dungeon is it best to go barrage?
    Not saying I'm doing it perfectly, but Volley was recommended and so I've been using it. I don't turn it off for single target. Maybe I should but (anecdotal) my Skada shows I do more even on ST leaving it on. These are your typical dungeon boss kills that last 1-2 minutes as well.
    For the AoE trash packs and 2 target cleave I am still doing more damage with volley than Barrage and (anecdotal) other than geared DH's or DK's I am usually highest on the meter for all trash packs.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-09-10 at 02:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It was a fuckup of mine to recommend Crit over Haste at any point and I deeply apologize for it, something to do with talent combos and really just fucking stupid methodology. It's very close, as it was before (basically, everything is as it was before). Goes to show how slightly bad simulations can fuck up the whole result and why I bitch so much about people doing bad sims.
    Fair enough I've done my fair share of theorycrafting and I know how easy it is to get things wrong when you don't keep a very close look on most parameters. You're doing a great job being basically _the_ theorycrafter for hunters at the moment, but you're just a human like the rest of us so don't take it too harshly. Keep up the great work!

Anyone know at what point I should stop stacking Mastery as BM, if at all?

Currently sat at 95.72% Mastery, 14.55% Haste, 18.07% Crit and 2.44% Vers.

This as at iLvl 845, Artifact iLvl 870 with 18 Traits unlocked.

This may have been covered already but I haven't seen it and can't find it ...

Does vulnerable buff aimed shot when I finish casting or when it hits the target? If I can squeeze an aimed shot out before vulnerable drops off but it'd be gone by the time it hits the target is it worth it or should I reapply vulnerable?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Hits. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    @Azortharion Do you have an update pawn strings for this? I'm still using your ones from Icy Veins guide.

The ones from the Icy-Veins guide are the correct ones, else they would obviously not be in the Icy-Veins guide at all.