Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I'm more concerned with the increased pet duration. I think we need it badly, but our target switching probs will probably be pulled out into the sun.

Worth.
    Only thing missing from their list from a Demo perspective would probably be the "Demonic Empowerment maintenance" issue. Its impact ofc would be lessened with a longer pet duration but its still not fun gameplay to maintain that buff. At least they fixed the LoS issues. PvP performance should be quite different with 3 shards as well.

I wonder if they'll buff Implosion if they increase pet duration ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I wonder if they'll buff Implosion if they increase pet duration ?
    That's doubtful and currently it's strong as is. IMO though it should've been baseline from the start potentially with associated artefact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    That's doubtful and currently it's strong as is. IMO though it should've been baseline from the start potentially with associated artefact traits.
    I only wonder because buffing pet duration would inherently devalue Implosion. Unless they think it's OP as it is, in which case it's slated for a nerf even if pet duration doesn't get buffed.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I only wonder because buffing pet duration would inherently devalue Implosion. Unless they think it's OP as it is, in which case it's slated for a nerf even if pet duration doesn't get buffed.
    I wouldn't put it past them, but that'd be an asinine nerf. Implosion is practically cheese damage. You can't meaningfully spend those globals on bosses—not at its current damage. If anything it should get a buff and go baseline.

You really can't be without it in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them, but that'd be an asinine nerf. Implosion is practically cheese damage. You can't meaningfully spend those globals on bosses—not at its current damage. If anything it should get a buff and go baseline.

You really can't be without it in dungeons.
    In Beta they ran into the issue of having Implosion being too strong so that it was the only thing worth using in any situation. I highly doubt they'd buff Implosion damage.

Deleted
    Disclaimer: I don't claim this to be the best possible opener for a demo lock, this macro is a work in process

I have been working on a demo opener macro, this version is currently running with my prefered dungeon setup; Shadowflame, HoD,Synergy,Darkglare
    The macro requires you to stand still for almost 30 seconds, so i recommend that you test it on a dummy.

Basically what the macro does, is that executes all the abilities up to Thal'kiel

How to use: Copy to a blank macro, bind the macro, spam it.

Note that you need to have a prepull Demonic Empowerment up before you start spamming the macro. Also note that i prefer to cast implosion and Felstorm manually after the macro has finished, since the macro itself can't fit anymore text.

The macro:

/castsequence reset=target Shadow bolt,Doom,Shadow bolt,Shadowflame,Summon Doomguard, Demonic empowerment, Shadow bolt,Shadowflame,Hand of Gul'dan,Shadow bolt,Call dreadstalkers,Shadowflame,Summon Darkglare,Demonic empowerment,Thal'kiel's consumption

This opener has some variance in the dps, due to the rng nature of synergy and crit.

Can you guys test this out, point out possible flaws etc. in it and suggest changes.

I have a gut feeling that the unempowered downtime for imps and dogs is too long between HoG and last empowerment.

With imps doing so much of our total damage, why is crit better than mastery? Is there a certain amount that we should be trying to get?

5-man normal/heroic talent suggestions for Demo

I've gotten pretty good and Destro and am trying my hand at Demo. I'm new to Demo in general but have read the guide and would hope someone might recommend the best talents for Legion 5-man normals/heroics? I know there are a lot of choices.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    With imps doing so much of our total damage, why is crit better than mastery? Is there a certain amount that we should be trying to get?
    Crit also affects Imps + it's better for anything 2+ targets because of Implosion/AoE mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post
    I've gotten pretty good and Destro and am trying my hand at Demo. I'm new to Demo in general but have read the guide and would hope someone might recommend the best talents for Legion 5-man normals/heroics? I know there are a lot of choices.

Thanks!
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Gf9m

or

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Cftm

Hey Not, thanks for the awesome guide and videos! I just have a quick question. Is there a point where I should be focusing on crit/mastery or is there no soft-cap to haste?

Quote Originally Posted by lRemedyl View Post
    Hey Not, thanks for the awesome guide and videos! I just have a quick question. Is there a point where I should be focusing on crit/mastery or is there no soft-cap to haste?
    No soft cap, just get Haste gear with whatever secondary. Crit is just preferred.

Deleted
    How does Darkglaire perform on boss fights in dungeons (mostly single target type) compared to conduit for you? i am mostly getting mixed results from the "randomness" of conduit..when it procs a lot its awesome, but cant decide if this randomness is worth the tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    How does Darkglaire perform on boss fights in dungeons (mostly single target type) compared to conduit for you? i am mostly getting mixed results from the "randomness" of conduit..when it procs a lot its awesome, but cant decide if this randomness is worth the tradeoff.
    They're both fine. Each have their own advantages.

Hey have you simulated the trinket Devilsaur Shock-Baton? I got it today 840 and its doing some good damage.

EDIT: nvm im blind, you already simulated it ._.
    Last edited by Bennus; 2016-09-12 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennus View Post
    Hey have you simulated the trinket Devilsaur Shock-Baton? I got it today 840 and its doing some good damage.

EDIT: nvm im blind, you already simulated it ._.
    If it makes you feel better, it was just done over the weekend.

When I run with dark glare in dungeons he is my top damage usually. Not as much on a boss fight but he is instant so some help on boss fights in ways that don't sim. Implosion is more the setup binary champ....either you nail it or it's junk. Single shard hog (talented hand of doom), shadow flame, dark glare , empower... Implosion feels more like the finisher like shadow burn used to be for destro. Play what you can execute better. I just like dark glare as he is stronger vs bosses than implosion.

Anyone is playing with Shadowflame? How do u feel about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Anyone is playing with Shadowflame? How do u feel about it?
    Its nice when its played with darkglaire like the post above mentioned. For trashpacks its imo better than the other two choices. For boss fights it sims higher than the rest talents but only if you do the staking of the debuff right (like Not writes in his guide), which is hard to do all the time.

IIRC the sim results we have on the patchwerk fight (where demo sims 4th in single target dps) uses shadowflame as a talent.

Any updates on our openner with the 3 shards factored in?