Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    SO dying mather and force you to try not diying.

EQ had you loose EXP when you died and you had to go loot your equipement. You could even loose a level. Hell when you were about to die in that game you became nervous and really worked to stay alive.

In WoW if I'm about to die I'm just. oh well times to go to the restroom.
    So you are defending bad game design with worse game design?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    PvP server working as intended. I don't see the issue. You have an issue with PvP servers and there is a viable solution. You unwilling to pay for it is on you.
    And hearing my complaints is your problem. Deal with it.

And dude, I pay $15 a month and for expansions. Don't tell me paying $25 to a server I don't prefer is a solution to a bad game mechanic.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-09-10 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    And hearing my complaints is your problem. Deal with it.
    Never had any issue against your complaints. You made the issue with a PvP server that is an intended feature and I gave you a viable solution to that problem. You unwilling to transfer to a PvE server is your own fault for rolling on a PvP server that you knew the risks of in the first place.

Never had any issue against your complains. You made the issue with a PvP server that is an intended feature and I gave you a viable solution to that problem.
    My issue actually has nothing to do with PvP servers if you had read the title.

At the least it should take more deaths to get up to 2 minutes. At the moment it happens rather quickly.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-09-10 at 09:05 PM.

SO dying mather and force you to try not diying.

EQ had you loose EXP when you died and you had to go loot your equipement. You could even loose a level. Hell when you were about to die in that game you became nervous and really worked to stay alive.

In WoW if I'm about to die I'm just. oh well times to go to the restroom.
    I do remember those corpse runs. Fun times. The guild lobby kind of fixed all that :/
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    My issue actually has nothing to do with PvP servers if you had read the title.
    It has to do with Rez timers which in turn came from you being ganked. PvE servers would solve the issue of you being ganked consistently and in turn your long rez timers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Man, Legion must be really really good.

People are REALLY grasping at straws about things to complain about.
    Why would this be a dig against legion? This has been a bad mechanic since day one. If you take the time to run back to your body rather than using the spirit healer then you've done your penance. Why must there be yet another gate to cross through? That's just bad design.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

A lot of other games have far worse punishments for dying that having to wait up to 2 minutes. If you really don't want to wait, you can always spirit res, and take that penalty instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So you are defending bad game design with worse game design?
    Nop actualy I think diying in WoW should be more punishing.

Not punishing death just mean mindlessly rushign like a tard because nothing will happen if you fail. I'm sorry but if your bad enouhg to die multiple time you diserve the 2min waiting time (wow so punishing).

If your sad about getting ganked then why rolling on a PvP server ? The only difference betwen PvP and PvE server is the ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF11 had xp loss on death if I remember.
    Yes they did, and if you lose enough exp you will de-level (so exp bar still relevant even when max).

If you are raiding at max level, and you died a lot in raid event (Dynamis etc), if you de-level, suddenly you turn naked as you can no longer equip the gear that has max level requirement.

In comparison WoW's death is super forgiving already.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Yes they did, and if you lose enough exp you will de-level (so exp bar still relevant even when max).

If you are raiding at max level, and you died a lot in raid event (Dynamis etc), if you de-level, suddenly you turn naked as you can no longer equip the gear that has max level requirement.

In comparison WoW's death is super forgiving already.
    I remember I quit FF11 over it. I was so awful on my Red Mage despite how good it was but losing XP on death was just so fucking irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    He's clearly referring to ganking.
    ganking is the purest form of pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I quit FF11 over it. I was so awful on my Red Mage despite how good it was but losing XP on death was just so fucking irritating.
    If anything, exp is never an issue to RDM, I remember people used to whisper me and pay me per hour to exp with them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If anything, exp is never an issue to RDM, I remember people used to whisper me and pay me per hour to exp with them lol.
    Ye I was just terrible back then when I was a young lad and playing MMOs .

I think the larger issue is that for the longest time, people playing on PvP realms didn't need to PvP since almost every single PvP realm was dominated by either Horde or Alliance. With the advent of the new CRZ system, the likelihood of running into players from apposing factions is much higher and players who've long since been placated by the lack of World PvP are suddenly being forced to deal with it again... and most of them suck at it. I can empathize with the sentiment against ganking but I don't necessarily think PvP occuring on PvP realms is a bad thing.

Not punishing death just mean mindlessly rushign like a tard because nothing will happen if you fail. I'm sorry but if your bad enouhg to die multiple time you diserve the 2min waiting time (wow so punishing).

If your sad about getting ganked then why rolling on a PvP server ? The only difference betwen PvP and PvE server is the ganking.
    Yeah man you're totes right, they should just delete your character if you die. Everyone should be a hardcore elietist that never dies. Good thing all classes are created equally and are equally capable of surviving in most situations.

What's it like being that out of touch?

Deleted
    PvP server working as intended. I don't see the issue. You have an issue with PvP servers and there is a viable solution. You unwilling to pay for it is on you.
    Ah yes, the everyone is made out of money argument. Im laughing at you as i am typing this... thank you, i needed a good laugh. Was kind of a shit day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anqueetas View Post
    Ah yes, the everyone is made out of money argument. Im laughing at you as i am typing this... thank you, i needed a good laugh. Was kind of a shit day.
    Then you are stuck then I guess. Never said in my statement everyone is made out of money I said it was a solution if possible. They aren't going to ever change how a PvP server works when there is nothing to change.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why do you think it's appropriate to be arbitrarily punished in a game you pay for?
    You pay, so you can make every possible mistake without penalty?

ROFL! have people really become that clueless? *SIGHHH*

The MAIN difference between PvP and PvE servers is that people on PvP servers are more into competitive PvP. By that, I don't mean sad ass shit 5vs1 situations, or "hey, let's go kill some level 20 characters while we are 110!" ones. I am talking about >>>ARENAS<<< and >>>RBGs<<<! It's really sad how people think that someone would go to a PvP server only to gang others in the open world! .__________.

Take me for example, a 2.695 player (yes, I know, I missed 2.700 for 5 points, all jokes on me). I only play on PvP servers. Not because I like world PvP. In fact it disgusts the shit out of me because most of the time it is never fair, and I find myself against, say, a Mage, a Warrior, a Priest, their mothers, their brothers, their cats, and their neighbours (snd the pinnacle of it all are the "ROFL I OWN3D YOU N00B" whispers! xD) I play on PvP servers because of the good and competitive people you can find there. If you want to reach Gladiator, for example, would you roll on a PvE server? No, because people on PvE servers are more focused on Dungeons/Raids. You have WAY less chances of finding people of the caliber you are looking for. So for players like me (and presumably the OP) who want to be able to find partners but hate World PvP, the best answer is basically "rofl change server". Well, no, good sir. I refuse to. 25 euros x 9 characters is not money that I have, and HECK, I wouldn't spend them even if I did. It is hardly a "viable solution", and more absurdly a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    LOL, you sound bitter, if he doesn't know how to PvP why is it you that is dead?
    I am sorry mate, I don't want to offend you, but posts like these make me believe that a madatory IQ should be required before human beings are allowed to reproduce.

Because, GANKING? Duh! Maybe the lad knows how to PvP perfectly, but if he is alone, swarmed by 3, 4, 5, heck even more opponents what can he do? xD Jeez, some people!
    Last edited by Hollowinside; 2016-09-10 at 09:31 PM.