Jilted Lover doesn't react to monk, hunter, demon hunter, or warrior. It does react to deathknights and paladins. Priest/mage/rogue/warlock/shaman need testing.

The reaction is, when you get within a few feet, there is an orange line of emote text:
    "You! Yesssss! With that power in my hands, I can get him back."
    And the ghost attacks.

On my DK I took control of it and took it all around Azsuna but couldn't find anything happening in response.

Okay, I took the Groom to the Crumbled Palace und couldn't release him either. Seems to be a general thing.

And with Paladins also being concerned the Control Undead theory might not be able to stand since they don't have our possibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellikand View Post
    Found some big stones with runes on a cliff in Stormheim at 81.89, 67.56
    Just went there. Following a link with everything I've seen there

imgur.com/a/4KLJV

Quote Originally Posted by Lunder View Post
    Just went there. Following a link with everything I've seen there

imgur.com/a/4KLJV
    Kay, those are completely different from our usual DK runes.

a bit of a side-question: do you need to be 110 for a hidden skin?
    (in general not just one specific spec)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    a bit of a side-question: do you need to be 110 for a hidden skin?
    (in general not just one specific spec)
    Friend got the Resto Shaman hidden appearance from Eye while leveling.

I've also tried moving the ghost around different places in Azsuna using Control Undead, but nothing happened (and if it reacts to paladins too it may be completely unrelated to Control Undead).

Maybe we need an item first, like Havoc DHs?

Deleted
    A blizzard employee had said that with the bonereapers hook in particular that there was a "catch to it" also regarding the bonereapers hook an employee jokingly said they removed all crabs from the game (jokingly). thing is, i was doing archeology in Stormheim today when i discovered the most northern shoreline is COMPLETELY LITTERED with crabs. It made me think that the guy who jokingly said they removed crabs (followed by lamenting on how he couldn't stand the look of a crab anymore, he sounded emotionally drained like you get from a horrible grind) was perhaps assigned to field-test obtaining the UH hidden skin.

Just about everything regarding the UH hidden skin suggests fishing is involved

(the quotes from the blizzard employees are somewhere in the first 20 pages of this thread)

As for the frost hidden skin, i cannot help but believe it's something with Haustvald/Helheim (Helheim is a sort of purgatory for souls, stands to reason this is closely tied to the Lich King, or at least within the domain of the Lich King, he is after all, the jailer of the damned)

[[[ THE RARE MISSON IS BUSTED ]]] credits to Hctaz

also, the other day a rare mission popped up (lvl110) in my class hall (while in UH spec) that i could not do since my champs are too low level, that awarded an item that begins a quest, the item itself was a letter from presumably a vry'kul, writing to his "beloved" that his evil deeds have caught up to him, and was about to be send off to eternal damnation, the letter was a last goodbye to (presumably) the naughty Vry'kul's lover/spouse which ended with the dying wish for her not to forget him.

From the item description it was a soaked letter (drenched in water) coming from a Stormheim coast, this letter was the primary reward, and was a blue quality item.

It was VERY stupid not to have thought taking a screenshot right away as it disappeared rather quickly. Is there anyone here who did that mission, and the related questline who can confirm that isnt the one?
    Last edited by mmoc9b58699e8d; 2016-09-11 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesch View Post
    A blizzard employee had said that with the bonereapers hook in particular that there was a "catch to it" also regarding the bonereapers hook an employee jokingly said they removed all crabs from the game (jokingly), thing is, i was doing archeology in Stormheim today when i discovered the most northern shoreline is COMPLETELY LITTERED with crabs.

(the quotes from the blizzard employees are in the earlier pages of this thread somewhere up to page 15 i think)

As for the frost hidden skin, i cannot help but believe it's something with Haustvald/Helheim (Helheim is a sort of purgatory for souls stands to reason this is closely tied to the Lich King, or at least within the domain of the Lick King, he is after all, the jailer of the damned)

also, the other day a rare mission popped up (lvl110) in my class hall (while in UH spec) that i could not do since my champs are too low level, that awarded an item that begins a quest, the item itself was a letter from presumably a vry'kul, writing to his "beloved" that his evil deeds have caught up to him" from the item description it was a soaked letter (drenched in water) coming from a Stormheim coast.

It was VERY stupid not to have thought taking a screenshot right away as it disappeared rather quickly. Is there anyone here who did that mission, and the related questline who can confirm that isnt the one?
    It's just a dungeon quest for Maw of Souls. Nothing special.

Deleted
    A blizzard employee had said that with the bonereapers hook in particular that there was a "catch to it" also regarding the bonereapers hook an employee jokingly said they removed all crabs from the game (jokingly), thing is, i was doing archeology in Stormheim today when i discovered the most northern shoreline is COMPLETELY LITTERED with crabs.

(the quotes from the blizzard employees are in the earlier pages of this thread somewhere up to page 15 i think)

As for the frost hidden skin, i cannot help but believe it's something with Haustvald/Helheim (Helheim is a sort of purgatory for souls stands to reason this is closely tied to the Lich King, or at least within the domain of the Lick King, he is after all, the jailer of the damned)

also, the other day a rare mission popped up (lvl110) in my class hall (while in UH spec) that i could not do since my champs are too low level, that awarded an item that begins a quest, the item itself was a letter from presumably a vry'kul, writing to his "beloved" that his evil deeds have caught up to him" from the item description it was a soaked letter (drenched in water) coming from a Stormheim coast.

I believe thats a mission to do maw of souls, which rewards dungeon loot.

Deleted
    Alright, so the crabs/fishing is still on the table i guess.
    Ill be grinding Archeology on Stormheim on a daily basis from now on, since i noticed today, that i only get digsites in Stormheim (really not a single one in any other zone) having completed a couple digsites caused new digsites to spawn in Stormheim only, something i find weird.

Gonna try to log my paladin to see if i can get digsites to appear in some other zones on another class.

It also seems like there's a connection/overlap with the DK and Pala hidden skins, the "heart of corruption" item is said to have to do with knights of the ebon blade (who once held the Corrupted Ashbringer) and the hidden for Ret is called Corrupted Remembrance.

Deleted
    Alright, so the crabs/fishing is still on the table i guess.
    Ill be grinding Archeology on Stormheim on a daily basis from now on, since i noticed today, that i only get digsites in Stormheim (really not a single one in any other zone) having completed a couple digsites caused new digsites to spawn in Stormheim only, something i find weird.

Gonna try to log my paladin to see if i can get digsites to appear in some other zones on another class.

It also seems like there's a connection/overlap with the DK and Pala hidden skins, the "heart of corruption" item is said to have to do with knights of the ebon blade (who once held the Corrupted Ashbringer) and the hidden for Ret is called Corrupted Remembrance.

Archaeology has been overhauled - every week we get a different zone, and every 2 weeks we get a quest for a rare solve. We can't get rare solves outside of those quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried bringing the groom to the jilted lover in the cave. Nothing happened. Releasing him there didn't help either.

7+ Year Old Account
    did anyone try to use '' Dark stampede" when echo of arthas appears ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorius 01 View Post
    did anyone try to use '' Dark stampede" when echo of arthas appears ?
    or perhaps Rottgut with echo of arthas ?

Deleted
    One of the few places we have not explored yet is the Ocean of the Broken Isles.

Blizzard has added underwater mounts this expansion. There is a rare Whaleshark in Suramar (I'll try do something with him) and Great White Sharks with Hooks in them. Also lots of ruins and shipwrecks and places that may hold something of value to initiate the whole thing.

It's far fetched but at this point many things have been tried already with not much success :/
    Last edited by mmocfb72b6c64d; 2016-09-11 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    One of the few places we have not explored yet is the Ocean of the Broken Isles.

Blizzard has added underwater mounts this expansion. There is a rare Whaleshark in Aszuna (I'll try do something with him) and Great White Sharks with Hooks in them. Also lots of ruins and shipwrecks and places that may hold something of value to initiate the whole thing.

It's far fetched but at this point many things have been tried already with not much success :/
    I recently got underlight angler, so I will take a look.

I thought the crabs being removed comment was part of an April Fools patch note back in 2014. How was this linked to Bonereavers Hook?

Deleted
    Hi Niccer!

This is GM Bophegos, thanks for contacting Blizzard Support. We're sorry about the unusual delay in our response, but we're extremely busy with the recent release of Legion.

I understand your issue and I'd love to help ^_^ If the post was a bluepost (in blue text) on our forums, then you can take it that it's in the game. Otherwise, take it with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to give you any more information

We have an official response for this:
    "While we can assist with many issues you might run into, Support does not provide detailed or specific information on gameplay within World of Warcraft. Doing this would directly undermine many of the Development Teams design decisions made throughout the game and that is not something Support is here to do. Many of the rare and highly sought after items of this nature have hidden requirements and providing such information would ruin the Exploration and Discovery factor around these elements altogether. However we highly recommend you seek information from others in the Community and also refer to many of the Third Party sites available on these as well."

However, I would suggest that you have a look at the WoWhead comments on the item, as players are trying to figure out how to find it.
    [Link to the item on WoWHead. I had to remove it to post it here]

I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but thank you for your patience, and have a great day

- - - Updated - - -

My ticket was: Niccer
    Hello. I know that many people have already asked about this and I know you can't tell much but I would really like to know if the item is obtainable right now at this time. I mean like if I go and do what I have to do if I can get the item at this moment. I read a GM post that said It is in the game at the moment and he also said that It's kinda like a puzzle to get it. I don't want a hint or w/e I just want to know if I can get the item right now. Thanks.

GMs know nothing about the hidden appearances right now, thats a stock answer.

I think the only two viable avenues right now is that it somehow is related to our Deathcharger level 2 research or drops off a raid boss \ world boss.

Deleted
    Are people still testing the jilted lover/wedding stuff? I think that's a FANTASTIC lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    Are people still testing the jilted lover/wedding stuff? I think that's a FANTASTIC lead.
    Yeah i'm still trying right now, I'm about to take a shaman friend near the ghost to see if he can interact with it (only melees were confirmed to not interact, except DK and Ret obvs) i'll edit in a bit