Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People really need to accept it's happening irrespective of opinion and actually try and make it work rather than whining like immature bitches. Either put up and shut up or GTFO, we need people to make best of a situation not QQ and footstomp
    Looking at it from a practical view, I think your best solution is lowering corporation taxes and actively challenge the EU in attracting business by getting a good deal with europe.
    This is basically betting on europe not looking after its business WHICH HAS HAPPENED LOTS OF TIMES so you might actually have a good shot at that, AND the British economy actually attracting people.

Basically put, taking on world economy all by yourselves. Could work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    *Beep.*

Wrong

People need to realize it's actually never going to happen, because even if a Brexit happens it will be nothing but an illusion and wool over people's eyes leaving the UK with exactly the same rules and regulations they had before. Leaving the EU's sphere of influence is absolutely 100% impossible, the only thing a Brexit is going to achieve is the fact that the UK no longer has any say over EU policies while still having to obey them (through trade agreements) and will have made itself more submissive to and dependent on the EU.

Brexit is like sawing off your foot to try and get unchained only to realize you're still chained by the neck and arms.
    Theories aside that really has no bearing to what I said

Deleted
    What I find funny is that 2 people who should no say at all in the matter because they decided to squander there vote by doing no research are the only ones moaning about it.

Remoaners indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    *Beep.*WrongPeople need to realize it's actually never going to happen, because even if a Brexit happens it will be nothing but an illusion and wool over people's eyes leaving the UK with exactly the same rules and regulations they had before. Leaving the EU's sphere of influence is absolutely 100% impossible, the only thing a Brexit is going to achieve is the fact that the UK no longer has any say over EU policies while still having to obey them (through trade agreements) and will have made itself more submissive to and dependent on the EU. Brexit is like sawing off your foot to try and get unchained only to realize you're still chained by the neck and arms.
    this guy seriously.leaving the EU is possible you take WTO rules not EU ones, please stop talking out your backside, can tel lyour probably a remain voter i can smell the salt coming out of your post

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i find the remoaners funny, if they had won and the leave side wanted to have another vote they would say the same thing now, if you voted remain suck it up you lost its not best out of bloody 3, part of me wishes we do have a 2nd referendum just to see leave win again, that would be like slapping the remoaners in the face with a big wet tuna
    Funny, I could have sworn I saw Farage the evening of the vote, stating that if it was close "like 52-48 to remain" that the Leave campaign would continue and they would push for a second referendum. Suddenly when he won by that amount, it was a done deal and any talk of a second vote was insane.

But we don't expect consistency or sense from anyone in the Brexit camp. Hell, you can't even get an answer out of them regarding what they were voting for, apart from some vague nonsense about "taking back control".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Funny, I could have sworn I saw Farage the evening of the vote, stating that if it was close "like 52-48 to remain" that the Leave campaign would continue and they would push for a second referendum. Suddenly when he won by that amount, it was a done deal and any talk of a second vote was insane. But we don't expect consistency or sense from anyone in the Brexit camp. Hell, you can't even get an answer out of them regarding what they were voting for, apart from some vague nonsense about "taking back control".
    could say the same about cameron being pro leave and then changing to remain and then leaving his job the next day cos he lost, you remainers all think its just the leave side who told lies, when the remain side can be accused aswell. we have mor control outside the EU than we would do inside of it, dnt you understand free movement of people is allowed in the UK alsong as you have an EU passport, we leave the EU we take control of our country, but as a salty remain voter your just gonna notl isten to anything i have to say cos your ignorant to any counter to your arguments

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People really need to accept it's happening irrespective of opinion and actually try and make it work rather than whining like immature bitches. Either put up and shut up or GTFO, we need people to make best of a situation not QQ and footstomp
    Have a look at the bookmakers. The current favourite for the date of activation of Article 50 is "2018 or never". And the reaction of the markets in the time since the vote backs that up; they dropped massively when they thought it was happening, and then recovered when they realised that it is unlikely that it ever will.

That doesn't mean it won't; the Tories are facing a massive quandary. Go ahead and leave, and it will cost them a massive number of votes from people in the remain camp, while a significant proportion of the Leave camp don't normally vote. Or they can ignore the vote, and the Leave voters will probably come out against them in the next election. Either way they lose.

I imagine that they are trying to analyse which bad option does them less damage at the moment. All the while thinking "maybe the horse will sing".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    and e never got an answer from the remain camp if we stayed in the EU, all we know if we did stay we will likely bailing out more fucking countries, remoaners so deluded like the UK needs the EU to survive, christ what did the UK thousands of years ago before the EU existed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Have a look at the bookmakers. The current favourite for the date of activation of Article 50 is "2018 or never". And the reaction of the markets in the time since the vote backs that up; they dropped massively when they thought it was happening, and then recovered when they realised that it is unlikely that it ever will. That doesn't mean it won't; the Tories are facing a massive quandary. Go ahead and leave, and it will cost them a massive number of votes from people in the remain camp, while a significant proportion of the Leave camp don't normally vote. Or they can ignore the vote, and the Leave voters will probably come out against them in the next election. Either way they lose. I imagine that they are trying to analyse which bad option does them less damage at the moment. All the while thinking "maybe the horse will sing".
    bookmakers have been biased and thats a well known fact, and you say tories wont get votes if we leave/ LMAO good the tories are shit just like labor. LEAVING THE EU AND TORIES GETTING LESS VOTES = WIN WIN

could say the same about cameron being pro leave and then changing to remain and then leaving his job the next day cos he lost, you remainers all think its just the leave side who told lies, when the remain side can be accused aswell. we have mor control outside the EU than we would do inside of it, dnt you understand free movement of people is allowed in the UK alsong as you have an EU passport, we leave the EU we take control of our country, but as a salty remain voter your just gonna notl isten to anything i have to say cos your ignorant to any counter to your arguments
    If we are outside the EU, then you are quite correct, we can control EU immigration. But that only represents half the immigration to this country; we already have control over immigration from outside the EU. If you wanted to reduce the numbers, wouldn't it make more sense to do something about the half you actually have control of, before worrying about the other half? Instead you are going to place all the control in the hands of people that have failed to do anything about the half they control.

And anyway, we only get control of EU immigration if we leave the EU market completely. Which means all our financial industry leaves; tens of thousands of jobs, and something like a quarter of our current tax income. Feel free to talk us through how that is going to be replaced. To say nothing of the damage to our general trade with the EU.

There is nothing "salty" about it. It's just a case of looking at the actual facts of the situation, and realising that there is nothing about Brexit that has been planned, thought through or considered properly. Just some jingoistic nonsense about taking back control, and that the rest of the world will be queuing up to trade with us on terms that are advantageous to the UK. Which considering that the last trade deals we negotiated were back in 1970, could be tricky.

Still, we can always try and get some decent foreign workers over here to negotiate the trade deals for us, eh?

Deleted
    Doesn't need a petition, your government can invoke the article but the referendum will be rejected due to not legally binding when it gets taken to a higher court, which it will.

- - - Updated - - -

i find the remoaners funny, if they had won and the leave side wanted to have another vote they would say the same thing now, if you voted remain suck it up you lost its not best out of bloody 3, part of me wishes we do have a 2nd referendum just to see leave win again, that would be like slapping the remoaners in the face with a big wet tuna
    I'm fairly sure a second referendum would be an overwhelming remain win because you'd be sure entirity of the UK would go vote that one, and that's why they don't dare to hold it, because the 750 billion pounds in revenue they've lost so far, would be for nothing, rest assured, when you leave the EU, you'll be losing another 500 billion pounds yearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Doesn't need a petition, your government can invoke the article but the referendum will be rejected due to not legally binding when it gets taken to a higher court, which it will.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly sure a second referendum would be an overwhelming remain win because you'd be sure entirity of the UK would go vote that one, and that's why they don't dare to hold it, because the 750 billion pounds in revenue they've lost so far, would be for nothing, rest assured, when you leave the EU, you'll be losing another 500 billion pounds yearly.
    Don't know how we'll cope without EU farming funding

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Wasn't the Queen of England one of the biggest beneficiaries of EU agricultural subsidies? No real relevance, just a fun little fact that I remembered due to your comment.

Deleted
    Do look up what happens when London stops being the financial heart of the EU.

Which will happen once the EU revokes the UK's financial passport.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-09-11 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    yeah cos farming in the UK was invented in the 70's right

10+ Year Old Account
    Do look up what happens when London stops being the financial heart of the EU.
    I'd laugh but I live here

Deleted
    Do look up what happens when London stops being the financial heart of the EU.Which will happen once the EU revokes the UK's financial passport.
    dnt have to be the heart of something to work cos if you have no outlets to pump to then your useless so stop saying that if london isnt the heart of the EU london will shutdown, people said the same bullshit when we wasnt gonna join the EURO, saying that london would collapse and look at now. the same doomsayers from years ago are saying the same shit now its getting fucking boring

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah cos farming in the UK was invented in the 70's right
    £3bn loss will be very damaging. Don't know why I even respond to you anyway

Deleted
    I'd laugh but I live here
    so why talk about farming when there are no farms in london, all farms are in rural areas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    What I find funny is that 2 people who should no say at all in the matter because they decided to squander there vote by doing no research are the only ones moaning about it.

Remoaners indeed.
    Im not moaning nor am I reverting to childish us them tactics... I'm saying it how it is, we need to make it work rather than bickering about it

10+ Year Old Account
    so why talk about farming when there are no farms in london, all farms are in rural areas
    My comment was obviously not related to London...