Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man fuck Blizzard for making us have to put in a small amount of effort to get gear, we should skip to each boss and get given a full set of gear. /s

Deleted
    The feeling after you finish a Dungeon in a Zelda game, is the feeling that WoW should aspire to. Not in terms of puzzles, but in terms of mechanics from, mostly bosses that require 100% focus.

Its why i like Halls of Valor the most, its the one place where at least 3 bosses on Mythic require that you actually play the game and not watch Netflix.

The worst dungeons are Darkheart Thicket, for being the polar oppossite, its a piss take and the bosses are dull. Court of the Stars sucks a million dicks, because its layout is pure cancer, and the trash is 10x times more difficult than the bosses. Something went wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The feeling after you finish a Dungeon in a Zelda game, is the feeling that WoW should aspire to. Not in terms of puzzles, but in terms of mechanics from, mostly bosses that require 100% focus.

Its why i like Halls of Valor the most, its the one place where at least 3 bosses on Mythic require that you actually play the game and not watch Netflix.

The worst dungeons are Darkheart Thicket, for being the polar oppossite, its a piss take and the bosses are dull. Court of the Stars sucks a million dicks, because its layout is pure cancer, and the trash is 10x times more difficult than the bosses. Something went wrong here.
    I freaking wish this game could give me a Zelda like feeling. I wish any game could give me that feeling, though. (Which reminds me, why are there so damned few Zelda clones?)

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I freaking wish this game could give me a Zelda like feeling. I wish any game could give me that feeling, though. (Which reminds me, why are there so damned few Zelda clones?)
    Off topic, but you can't clone perfection.

On topic, I've noticed an increase in speed in regards to dungeons now that more people know them. It's quite nice.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trashs are fine, would be nice if they dropped something good or have cc option like BC. You are just complaining because at its current state is not possible to steam roll the dungeon, you actually have to think before any action.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Dungeon trash blows up pretty quickly in my experience, even @ Mythic levels. No, I don't believe that the dungeons are unbearable. They're the same as any other, after a while you've seen them X amount of times and ain't exactly joining them for the thrill anymore. That is why I put my hope into Blizzard making sure to release more dungeons as the expansion goes on.

I do however hate feeling totally useless aside from blowing up trash packs damage-wise... They took my CC!! They could have given BM hunters (and MM) a frost trap mechanic designed to fit the fantasy of the spec. For BM hunters, it could be something along the lines of "Guard: Set your pet to menacingly guard an enemy target whilst turned invisible to other enemies. Lasts 1 minute" or something... Same principle as in Schutzhund training/competition, but ofc not as loudly... Can be seen as an example in this clip @ 1:20

Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-12 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Trash can drop AP and crafting mats for tailors.
    at like less than 1% rate? That's not what I meant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    at like less than 1% rate? That's not what I meant at all.
    I'm not sure about drop rates, I know cloth drops fairly often from certain mobs. AP is a different matter entirely. Granted it's not a lot but at least it's something.

Imagine for a second the amount of outcry if you should actually CC the trash mobs, kill them in a specific order without AOEing mindlessly and then drinking inbetween packs.

Would've been hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Trashs are fine, would be nice if they dropped something good or have cc option like BC. You are just complaining because at its current state is not possible to steam roll the dungeon, you actually have to think before any action.
    QFT

People got multiple expansions of speed runs through dungeons. It'll take them a while to get used to having to work for their items instead of them being essentially handed out for free.

Deleted
    Personally I enjoy trash. There I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm not sure about drop rates, I know cloth drops fairly often from certain mobs. AP is a different matter entirely. Granted it's not a lot but at least it's something.
    And that super low drop chance mitigates the excessive amount of trash? I don't personally think so. Even something as simple as the tabard/rep system would make all that trash acceptable. Simply adding more trash and saying "Look! RNG drops!" is crap.

And that super low drop chance mitigates the excessive amount of trash? I don't personally think so. Even something as simple as the tabard/rep system would make all that trash acceptable. Simply adding more trash and saying "Look! RNG drops!" is crap.
    3-4 packs is an excessive amount of trash for a dungeon? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Meh. I do like the puzzles though. Never got into LoZ

>worst dungeons this game has ever seen
    *Proceeds to list previous dungeons you consider worse as an exampel*

Well GG in your sad attempt to start a discussion.
    Let's be perfectly honest now, the amount of thrash is neither excessive or so little you'll be done too fast.

Hrm, excessive? It really doesn't seem excessive at all to me. It seems about right down the middle. Lower for some instances, higher for others. But overall it's really not that bad. Not sure at what difficulty level you are tackling them but the stuff dies incredibly fast. Normal is face roll easy, far easier than any expansion with variable difficulty before. The stuff falls over dead generally before I can get a full AoE rotation off. Heroic they die nearly as quickly. Mythic they die right as I start my next rotation.

Did you play during BC or vanilla? Was just wondering where your perspective lies. In all honestly a large part of me misses the days when you had to CC stuff, pull the rest of it back and be very careful when dealing damage as to not break CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Imagine for a second the amount of outcry if you should actually CC the trash mobs, kill them in a specific order without AOEing mindlessly and then drinking inbetween packs.

Would've been hilarious.
    Yep and dungeons would be memorable.

Heroics are already rushed in 15 minutes, just 2 weeks into expansion. When dungeons become too easy, dungeons stop being interesting and turn into boring chore.

I can't disagree with the trash more. Personally i can't wait for Karazhan, if that thing is going to take 2 days to clear, that's what i'm looking for when i enter a dungeon.
    It's an adventure on it's own. So far there's a mixed reaction from the Legion dungeons.
    I sort of like what they are going for with them and some are already my personal favorites.
    But then again some are lackluster. I think the pacing with trash is mostly fine.

We can all probably agree that Violet Hold was just a dumb move. I'm sure it was a cheap move, hence why it's here.
    But it's no dungeon.

Difficulty hasn't changed from WoD, these things are still aoe fests and i think that's what they will remain on base level.
    The keystones will be a whole other subject, i'm guessing the good old cc from tbc will make a reappearance on enough high difficulty level, to satisfy the need for that.

So what's good in Legion then? In my opinion Black Rook Hold is hands down the best dungeon in a long while.
    Followed by Vault of Wardens and Halls of Valor. Well done instances, Halls of Valor could have been slightly longer.

Maw of Souls is in the middle, it's short i'm sure it will be good for the LFD generation. Eye of Azshara is also there in the middle, it didn't really get my jam on, but didn't really disturb me either. It's got the open sky size advantage going for it, the trash is good, mostly what doesn't rise it above is the bosses, they just lack. The first boss you kill is tied to the story conclusion and Deepbeard is also linked, but other than that it's just naga and Azsharas general forces. Lady Hatecoil has her ties more in the history. I still haven't done the Suramar dungeons, but they look like they are tied to the zone story more.

The weak points. Darkheart Thicket. I didn't really feel anything. It just felt like a cheap glue on to the raid, and introductory to the raid art style. Xavius being the raid boss, like why are we fighting his shade, we will get to him shortly when EN opens. Don't get me wrong the art style is fine and sure it had to conclude the story of the zone, but since the raid is there, the conclusion of the zone would have belonged there. It was a disappointment.
    Neltharion's Lair, same thing, even though this one doesn't have a raid on it's side. The zone was excellent, but the main villain is lackluster and the absolute weakpoint of the zone. I felt like the Bloodtotem's were really the antagonist and climax of the zone, not the underking. The Neltharion's Vault part in the questing was excellent and i was sort of expecting something similar from the 5man. But it just fell down on it's ass like a pancake. The layout is interesting, but the bosses are not. The whole final room with the trash is just like.. I don't know at first glance that looked like "oh yeah" we are in for a fight. But afterwards it was like "what that was it?"

Still all of them are the baseline linear type we've grown to. Not really choice or options to go about them. The biggest choices are which trash do you want to skip?
    Overall they are not a bad experience, BRH alone could carry the weight.
    But if we really look what i would like to see is in a dungeon, it's length, it's complexity (and this doesn't mean encounter mechanics), it's choice, it's danger, it's trash, it's bosses, it's story, adventure.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2016-09-12 at 10:39 PM.

Need to do mythics to be 830+? Get 850 gear from HCs lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Yep and dungeons would be memorable.

Heroics are already rushed in 15 minutes, just 2 weeks into expansion. When dungeons become too easy, dungeons stop being interesting and turn into boring chore.
    Heroics are what normal were in WoD. Mythics are the new heroics.