Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I'm not even sure the CPU in the MBA even meets the minimum thresholds for clock speeds. The i5/i7 mobile chips have a turbo boost on them but I'm thinking that's for single core only and who knows how long the machine can sustain it thermally. New areas (MoP and later) would probably kill the computer.
    I'm sure, I've been playing on it.

Deleted
    So to sum up I think we can all agree that macbooks look cool and that bootcamp means I'm not special; that I should buy one over the interwebs, install wow and see what happens as I can return it if it doesn't make me look hip?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    I'm sure, I've been playing on it.
    So your MBA which you said was miserable with HotS is fine for WoW, the latter of which has significantly higher minimum system requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    So your MBA which you said was miserable with HotS is fine for WoW, the latter of which has significantly higher minimum system requirements?
    HotS is running on a way more modern engine, unlike WoW which can be run even on a toaster. I wouldn't recommend it as a main machine for WoW, but at least it's gonna be somewhat playable, unlike HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    So to sum up I think we can all agree that macbooks look cool and that bootcamp means I'm not special; that I should buy one over the interwebs, install wow and see what happens as I can return it if it doesn't make me look hip?

Yeah, MBP should be ok (just don't play on @2x :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    HotS is running on a way more modern engine, unlike WoW which can be run even on a toaster. I wouldn't recommend it as a main machine for WoW, but at least it's gonna be somewhat playable, unlike HotS.

Yeah, MBP should be ok (just don't play on @2x :P).
    That's not even true anymore. If you look for yourself on the HotS and WoW pages, WoW has higher minimum spec requirements. Spec creep on WoW seems to have been quite substantial to the point where Ironforge is probably one of the lightest areas in the game which is a stark contrast to back in 2005 when it used to be the one area that killed toasters.

The last time I looked via MSI Afterburner, MoP areas load the CPU and GPU a lot more than pre-MoP areas and WoD areas even more than MoP areas. If I had the expansion right now I'd check the new areas and my guess would be the demands are even higher.