Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    Blizzard could very easily implement this, they just chose not to and have stated the reasons to do so, one of them being that they want YOU to chose the people you're gonna do the dungeon with. They want you to socialize. Outrageous in an mmorpg, isn't it? You have the ui to easily find people: trade and lfg channel, group finder. You could also ask your friends to join you. I know, outrageous option!
    I just click invite on the first people that pop into the list. I could literally care less who it is.

Which is why I just wonder why They couldn't save me the time and do it automatically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I didn't take days off for the mop release so I wasn't 100 the night of the release but I doubt me taking an afternoon more to level made any difference. I certainly remember huge pulls from the beginning and no noteworthy punishing mechanics. The clientele in lfr obviously also always did a rather decent job showing why you those didn't work.
    I don't know, I was grinding the dungeons 1 day after release. I remember having trouble with Sha boss in Shadopan for example. The monk guy in scarlet monastery too.

LFR also very clearly showed people learnt. After the first reset it got much faster, barely anyone walked below the boss anymore. A bigger problem was no one telling anyone what to do, people just left and then everyone else left too.
    Mogushan Vaults 2nd boss also had tons of wipes the first reset. I don't actually know why that happened.

Heh groups that require achievements for gated content when the expansion has only been launched for two weeks is funny.

Though, saying that, the groups that I run clearly state that you need 8k rep blah blah and we still have folks signing up who apparently don't know what that means -_- If only our guild healers didn't slack and were attuned already <_<

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    What the actual fuck. Are we already at the "waaah, but I'm out of content and there's nothing to do"-stage.
    Fuck off.
    Reading obviously isn't your strong point, not the nothing to do stage but the less to do than previous expansions stage. In all the previous expansions the heroic dungeons has 24h lockout meaning you could run 60+ a week if you so wanted, in Legion the mythics (new name for heroics) have a 7 day lockout so you can run 8-10 a week depending on rep, as somebody who quite likes dungeons it really sucks.

Deleted
    The thing is that as much as some people want a queue for mythics to exist it won't really happen. Blizz already said that the reason that's not going to happen is that the content is somewhat difficult so they can't guarantee a decent success rate for random groups.

"But mythics are the old heroics!!!11!" - Maybe they are. Right now in LFG you also get a 15% dmg buff. You also get all manner of people who can't interrupt or kill adds, tanks who don't pick up adds off of people, etc. Mythics are a step up from normal HCs. HCs are a step up from LFD HCs due to the 15% buff. While an experiment by blizz where they make mythics queable for some weeks to get the success rate(ilvl scaled down to the minimum req) would be interesting that would only cause more problems as removing something after it having been available will upset people a lot more than something never having been available.

"Mythics are clearable in 810" - Sure they are, by people with a modicum of common sense i.e. move out of the fire and interrupt things while actually doing some DPS but that's not a guarantee in random groups. For more info see HFC HC Socrethar groups with ilvl 720+ which wiped constantly because killing adds is hard and doing more than 50k dps is just a far away dream.

One other issue right now is the loot that drops from them. It being 840 at base level makes it way too close to the gear that drops from the raid. Making them queable would also mean removing the weekly lockout but if done now it would more or less guarantee that everyone will be 845+ for the raid release which would make it a bit too easy. Sure, there are people who will have that ilvl anyway when the raid opens but it will have required some sort of effort to get - either spamming HCs or getting really lucky with WQ/Mythic drops. Given the difficulty of base mythic having it available with no lockout as it is now will just serve to make the first raid tier even easier which i'm not sure is the best idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I just click invite on the first people that pop into the list. I could literally care less who it is.

Which is why I just wonder why They couldn't save me the time and do it automatically.
    Because they represent two different designs and they want recognizable and significant separator between the two. They've been desperately trying to turn back the clock on these features that offer "too much" convenience and accessibility (class/spec/talent change distinction, no flying, LFR-signifigance etc). This is one of those things.

You can of course choose to ignore it and do as you wish, I guess it wouldn't be very hard to write an addon that does everything by push of a button. But on Blizzard's end they're still two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Reading obviously isn't your strong point, not the nothing to do stage but the less to do than previous expansions stage. In all the previous expansions the heroic dungeons has 24h lockout meaning you could run 60+ a week if you so wanted, in Legion the mythics (new name for heroics) have a 7 day lockout so you can run 8-10 a week depending on rep, as somebody who quite likes dungeons it really sucks.
    That sad sad song you're trying to play on your extremely tiny violin isn't really working. It sucks you can't run 24/7 mythic dungeons. I feel for you. You can run Heroic dungeons instead. Or normals. If you like dungeons.

This "mythics is the new name for heroics" nonsense just needs to stop. It's incredibly stupid. Mythics are still mythics. Heroic dungeons are still heroic dungeons and normals - yes, they're still called normals.

They didn't change names. Discuss the "unfairness" of lockouts all you want, but use the correct names. Staph.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-09-13 at 09:29 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    This is a fallacy.
    Nope, Blizzard even confirmed it, Legion mythics (non +) are the direct replacement for pre-Legion heroics (legion heroics and normals both having their difficulty scaled down also).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That sad sad song you're trying to play on your extremely tiny violin isn't really working. It sucks you can't run 24/7 mythic dungeons. I feel for you
    I get the feeling you're still not reading the posts you quote, hence irrelevant nonsense like this.

You can run Heroic dungeons instead. Or normals. If you like dungeons.
    Problem being Legion heroics are the replacement for pre-legion normals and Legion normals are a new extra easy mode. If I want to do faceroll easy content with worthless loot then I will just go solo Dragon Soul for the chromatic drake...

This "mythics is the new name for heroics" nonsense just needs to stop. It's incredibly stupid.
    Tell Blizzard that, it was their idea to realign the difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to ask for a source, but I'm already pretty certain you're just pulling words out of context.
    It's already been linked, read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As soon as they release the numbers and show that Mythic dungeon participation is very low they'll add an automated group finder or drop the feature entirely. Manual group finding has no place in MMOs anymore.
    yes how dare they think people will be ok with talking to each other first and forming a party to venture into a dungeon on a Multiplayer RPG game.. that is clearly outdated and unacceptable system!

More breaking news on 12: plight of the millennials that are complaining about all the driving they had to do on a need for speed game had reached the designers! Lead designer agrees that the system is outdated and announced that he will be working on cars that drive themselves while the user is jerking off.

Deleted
    I did mythic Court of Stars with a full group of Germans that didn't speak a word of English, a healer that healed for the first time in his life with no points in his artifact and a Monk Tank (and a ret pally pulling 50k dps on bosses).
    We wiped a few times and still got it without saying a single word to each other.

Mythics are fine, just group up and kill stuff.
    Stop with this bullshit.

Legion normals are a new extra easy mode.
    Normals are the SCALING mode for levelers. You shouldn't be seeing 110s in them unless you ding while running one.

Heroics are the basic 110 non-scaling dungeon.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Normals are the SCALING mode for levelers. You shouldn't be seeing 110s in them unless you ding while running one.

Heroics are the basic 110 non-scaling dungeon.
    Indeed /10char

- - - Updated - - -

In forum arguments this is usually code for: "I'm talking out of my ass and I don't dare to or care to link the 'source' because it's pretty obvious it wouldn't actually back up my claims".
    Actually it's code for: "I CBA to re-read the entire thread just because you haven't bothered to read any of it".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious, when you join a Mythic through Group finder. Do you get to know each and every one of the people you are running with? Do you all share battlenet IDs and stop by each other's houses for BBQ on the weekends? I did a chunk of Mythic runs at the end of WoD and it was just like LFD. No one spoke the whole run, outside of the basics "interrupt skull, kill adds"

So I want to know more about the socializing you are apparently doing in your runs and how I can get some of that. I love BBQ
    at least people in group finder know what an interrupt or battle Rez is for the most part. I have had people in lfd or lfr tell me warlocks or dk's don't have battle rez's or know what an interrupt is. Also they don't know to focus the target marked either. The average player in this game is not that good. Most people here go on and on how good they are then in the next breath put the themselves down by saying everything is so easy. Yes it is easy for YOU with a coordinated group but with a looking for it wouldn't be so. It is so shocking how quickly people forget the cata dungeon experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Just do what I do. Don't buy Legion. Refuse to give them money until they remove LFR LFD phasing, sharding, Suramar, and bring back global chat and fix the in game community. The game is pointless as currently constructed if you want a multiplayer online game.
    Glad to see someone who did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I did mythic Court of Stars with a full group of Germans that didn't speak a word of English, a healer that healed for the first time in his life with no points in his artifact and a Monk Tank (and a ret pally pulling 50k dps on bosses).
    We wiped a few times and still got it without saying a single word to each other.

Mythics are fine, just group up and kill stuff.
    Stop with this bullshit.
    You got lucky then. Because 99% of the time that would of turned into a name calling, finger pointing mess and you know it. At least those in there knew the problem and accepted and and moved along 99% of runs like that would not of. Don't let the outliner speak for the mass amount of runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You got lucky then. Because 99% of the time that would of turned into a name calling, finger pointing mess and you know it. At least those in there knew the problem and accepted and and moved along 99% of runs like that would not of. Don't let the outliner speak for the mass amount of runs.
    How do you know its the outliner? I haven't heard of a single bad story in my guild or group of friends yet. So to me it seems like your "bad" experiences are the outliners.

Deleted
    no it's not. if you want to see all the content, put in some effort

Quote Originally Posted by 90vyd View Post
    no it's not. if you want to see all the content, put in some effort
    Not to mention that some of the instance locations are damn gorgeous and it would be a waste not to go there.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You lack common sense if you think it's okay to just tell people to go find a specific quote in a 25+ page thread.
    No, it's actually common sense not to jump into a 25+ page thread and ask people to find you the stuff that's already been covered (you're outta your element Donnie!!") try asking the guy who agreed with me above he may be in more of a mood to do your work for you.

It's already been linked, read the thread.
    I have, and just went through the entire thing again. Saw many people making the claim, saw a link to a completely unrelated post by Blizzard a long time ago, but never saw an actual link, quote, or source where Blizzard stated that Mythics are the new Heroics (or anything of the sort).

It is, of course, possible I missed it, but so far as I can tell it has not actually been linked anywhere in this thread, nor do I recall ever seeing or hearing that claim from Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's actually common sense not to jump into a 25+ page thread and ask people to find you the stuff that's already been covered (you're outta your element Donnie!!") try asking the guy who agreed with me above he may be in more of a mood to do your work for you.
    Since you have also read the entire 25+ page thread, would you please remind me of where this was? The link to Ghostcrawler's discussion about dungeon difficulty dating back to Cataclysm was on page 10, post #193, and was the closest thing I've seen to an actual quote, link, or source (and isn't really all that close, since it's completely unrelated).