im pretty sure its in cataclysm. rag, earthern ring, alakir, deathwing (friend of rag), they are all in cata. ill be looking around there a little

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Googled it. NO earthen ring NPC-s showing up on Broken Isle
    Except the ones that are in the landing area of Dalaran. There are 2 Earthen Ring shamans standing next to a portal, no? Not named, mind you, and a minor point, granted.

Gating may in fact play a part, but I think the hope we have is that it isn't a gated start like the Ashbringer seems to be- I'm fine with a gate, but I'd like one at a different place than the beginning myself. However, it would provide a mechanism to avoid every new rogue from running around with TF strapped on their back.

In regards to the pirate-theme... a few pages back, one poster brought up the likelihood that the Pirate-theme would probably play in to the NYI rapier skin. That seemed to me to be a very good point, so I've abandoned the pirate searching, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiffy View Post
    I did a little more mining and discovered a few more texts that seem related to the quest, but it only makes it more confusing. There seems to be multiple lines that say similar things.
    So I think thanks to Oiffy we have a real scope of how to get this appearance. BTW Thank you for this. I think this lets us really know what this entails. This is my interpretation of the data mined text.

After finding a binding of the Windlord.

NPC: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, player. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess. Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

Player Dialouge Option: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

NPC:Curious. Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations. But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the lord of Skywall.

Player Dialouge Option: What would the Windlord require to arrange an audience?

NPC: Bold, player. The elemental lords are not known for their generosity. Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord. Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

You recieve the quest to gather both bindings and ore at this point.

After completing the quest and summoning Thunderaan you receive this dialogue.

Thunderaan: Mortal player. You presume much to summon me.

Text if you do not have the original Thunderfury.

Thunderaan: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now. And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

Optional Dialouge from Thunderaan if you have the original Thunderfury.

Thunderaan: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power. I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Finishing Text for Audience.

Thunderaan: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all. Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind. And so it is done, player. Do not call upon me again.

I feel like the other text is remnants of the older obsolete quest. Where the player acted more hostile towards the Windlord. Where in this manner we act more honored by his presence.

I feel like with what we know and what has appeared in the database a trigger/prerequisite/attunement doesn't exist and this comes down to RNG like the original bindings. Until we have evidence of needing a pre-req I am done looking in the obscure parts of the game. Good luck to everyone who wants this skin. It seems it is up to chance now.

Deleted
    Great work on the data guys, now we play the waiting game I guess

Hi, I've been here many of times, but never got around to making an account. Been following this thread since it started. I made a ticket a couple of days ago and this is my response. I'd be happy to post screenshots if needed.

Pylanwne
    Greetings, Grayson!

My name is Game Master Pylanwne. I understand you're requesting information about an item that hasn't yet been found in the game! Thanks for contacting us about this, as it's my pleasure to help!

I thank you also for your patience while we worked to get to your ticket! It's a very busy time for us, but I'm glad you reached out for help!

While we can assist with many issues you might run into, Support does not provide detailed or specific information on gameplay within World of Warcraft. Doing this would directly undermine many of the Development Teams design decisions made throughout the game and that is not something Support is here to do. Many of the rare and highly sought after items of this nature have hidden requirements and providing such information would ruin the Exploration and Discovery factor around these elements altogether. However we highly recommend you seek information from others in the Community and also refer to many of the Third Party sites available on these as well.

I hope this helps answer your question! If there's anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for playing and have a great day!

Cheers,
    Game Master Pylanwne

I quote "Many of the rare and highly sought after items of this nature have hidden requirements and providing such information would ruin the Exploration and Discovery factor around these elements altogether." the entirety of the response neither confirmed nor denied the existence or eligibility to obtain the hidden appearance, however that one sentence alone definitely confirms that either having a certain amount of Artifact Knowledge is key to unlocking the trigger, I've also looked at a few of the achievements and I do believe if any, AK 10 would be the prerequisite, simply because there is an achievement for reaching AK 10, maybe requires more but who knows. On the other hand this could also confirm that possibly having Defiant Legacy will benefit the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    So I think thanks to Oiffy we have a real scope of how to get this appearance. BTW Thank you for this. I think this lets us really know what this entails. This is my interpretation of the data mined text.

After finding a binding of the Windlord.

NPC: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, player. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess. Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

Player Dialouge Option: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

NPC:Curious. Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations. But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the lord of Skywall.

Player Dialouge Option: What would the Windlord require to arrange an audience?

NPC: Bold, player. The elemental lords are not known for their generosity. Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord. Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

You recieve the quest to gather both bindings and ore at this point.

After completing the quest and summoning Thunderaan you receive this dialogue.

Thunderaan: Mortal player. You presume much to summon me.

Text if you do not have the original Thunderfury.

Thunderaan: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now. And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

Optional Dialouge from Thunderaan if you have the original Thunderfury.

Thunderaan: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power. I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Finishing Text for Audience.

Thunderaan: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all. Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind. And so it is done, player. Do not call upon me again.

I feel like the other text is remnants of the older obsolete quest. Where the player acted more hostile towards the Windlord. Where in this manner we act more honored by his presence.

I feel like with what we know and what has appeared in the database a trigger/prerequisite/attunement doesn't exist and this comes down to RNG like the original bindings. Until we have evidence of needing a pre-req I am done looking in the obscure parts of the game. Good luck to everyone who wants this skin. It seems it is up to chance now.
    I love the way you did that! What I find very interesting is that this skin interaction, if that's what this truly turns out to be, does hold some sort of Lore-bait. Ragnaros was potentially destroyed, as Hamuul Runetotem talks about in the Firelands raid... but Hamuul reappears in Legion now obviously for Druids, in Val'sharah and the Emerald Dream, and has headed back to Hyjal again. I wonder if he's trying to find out who the new Firelord is or what the Legion is trying to do with the Fireplane access in MH.

I wonder if there will be a storyline progressing the Elemental Lords and their part in the fight against the Legion. Could be a mid-tier raid story? I dunno. I just like that there is a lot more going on behind this. And good on the Windlord for wanting to go after Ragnaros... or whoever has risen in his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Damagedtank View Post
    I love the way you did that! What I find very interesting is that this skin interaction, if that's what this truly turns out to be, does hold some sort of Lore-bait. Ragnaros was potentially destroyed, as Hamuul Runetotem talks about in the Firelands raid... but Hamuul reappears in Legion now obviously for Druids, in Val'sharah and the Emerald Dream, and has headed back to Hyjal again. I wonder if he's trying to find out who the new Firelord is or what the Legion is trying to do with the Fireplane access in MH.

I wonder if there will be a storyline progressing the Elemental Lords and their part in the fight against the Legion. Could be a mid-tier raid story? I dunno. I just like that there is a lot more going on behind this. And good on the Windlord for wanting to go after Ragnaros... or whoever has risen in his absence.
    The shaman class hall quests are about uniting the Elemental Lords, Lord Smolderon is the new Fire Lord. There might be more plans for Firelands tho as the shamans have a updated version they can go to, where the platform Ragnaros once stood on is completely smashed and there is a massive lava pit there now.

Several pages back, someone mentioned archaeology in Azsuna. Well, I have a digsite at the temple of one thousand lights at the moment, which is where we got our dreadblades. Will post if I find anything.

Edit: Nothing significant, just another digsite.
    Last edited by pinchbottom; 2016-09-14 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbly View Post
    The shaman class hall quests are about uniting the Elemental Lords, Lord Smolderon is the new Fire Lord. There might be more plans for Firelands tho as the shamans have a updated version they can go to, where the platform Ragnaros once stood on is completely smashed and there is a massive lava pit there now.
    Oh wow. I honestly thought someone was joking when they said "Smolderon". Completely thought it was a fake name. Any lore behind him? On my phone atm.

Deleted
    "Smolderon is a powerful fire elemental who took up the role of Elemental Lord of Fire after the defeat of Ragnaros. During the third invasion of the Burning Legion, the shaman of the Earthen Ring attempt to recruit Smolderon and the other lords to their cause. In response, the new Firelord sends a servant by the name of Baron Scaldius to join the Ring at the Heart of Azeroth."

Nothing more so far mate
    Last edited by mmoca102b1d37a; 2016-09-13 at 11:37 PM.

Has anyone tried interacting with Elariel? (wowhead. com/npc=70906/) and perhaps maybe Andrestraz, who was added at the same time. They have done nothing until now, and Elariel has hidden squirrels one can see through Detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiffy View Post
    I did a little more mining and discovered a few more texts that seem related to the quest, but it only makes it more confusing. There seems to be multiple lines that say similar things.

ID: Text

119150: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, $r. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess.

Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

119151: I do not fear the Windlord. As long as I have this binding, he should fear me.

119157: I care little of your Bindings.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the Windlord.

119158: Bold, $r. The elemental lords are not known for their generosity.

Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

119159: What would the Windlord require to arrange an audience?

119161: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

119162:Curious.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the lord of Skywall.

119397: Mortal $r. You presume much to summon me.

119398: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now.

119399: And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

119400: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all.

119401: Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind.

119402: And so it is done, $r. Do not call upon me again.

119403: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power.

119404: I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Also to note, a few of the 119397-119404 have a note of "PlayerConditionID = 42188" or"PlayerConditionID = 42187" I don't see anywhere in the database at all where these numbers are mentioned.

Another thing: That new quest that popped up overnight is not listed in my database at all. I'm not sure if they have some way to hide it or something, but I can't figure it out. I'm sure there are people that have been looking at this type of stuff for longer that could possibly figure it out.

I'll keep looking.

This is interesting Oiffy! Thanks for coming back and procedding with your skillfully crafted data mining skills. Can't wait to see what else you find. Also I find the 'masking' part very suspect, the two i.d. numbers that cannot be tracked.

Deleted
    Now I haven't read through this entire thread yet so I dont know if it has been brought up before but...

have people tried running around while dead before?

Now similar to how in classic you could get a questline from a ghost for blackrock depths that you could only see while being dead yourself, I wonder if maybe they would re-employ this for something in Legion, seeing how much convoluted and hard to find steps some other hidden artifacts require.

The reason why I think its Outlaw that has this, is because Ghost Pirates fit extremely well into the Outlaw fantasy, especially since the blades we are wielding are cursed by the dead.
    I also read before that some GM answered someone saying that there were maybe phasing issues that were hotfixed, I wonder if those issues partained to not being able to see the ghost.

Since its maintenance on EU right now I cant check myself, but I would assume its either on the peninsula where we got our dreadblades, or on the Eye of Azshara (since that has a ton of sunken/destroyed ships and has that one pirate skeleton in front of that lone tree on the northwestern tip), and I mean the Zone EoA, not the dungeon (I dont even think its possible to explore that as a ghost)

Just some random thoughts I had, I think its worth considering that this might be a possibility. I would also suggest checking places that other people might not ever visit while dead.

this might be nothing but there is s cave with the rare spawn ragemaw. infront of ragemaw there is a dead dwarf with t2 on and thunderfury in one hand. i looked this up and found that u can loot the thunderfury from the dwarf . but i am on my rog now and cant interact with it at all. i think its called damaged thunderfury
    Last edited by thii; 2016-09-14 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thii View Post
    this might be nothing but there is s cave with the rare spawn ragemaw. infront of ragemaw there is a dead dwarf with t2 on and thunderfury in one hand. i looked this up and found that u can loot the thunderfury from the dwarf that starts a quest chain. but i am on my rog now and cant interact with it at all. i think its called damaged thunderfury
    Yet again, shaman campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsuke View Post
    Yet again, shaman campaign
    damn shamans

Deleted
    Source from July - WoW Europe ( French ) gonna translate with my own words

Ok guys, so apparently someone said that the bindings are lootable from Ash'Golm ( In the Warden Vault ) http: //imgur .com/ JggGwIC and from the last boss in Neltharion's (Still by dropping the Chinese Screen) lair but are not yet in the loot table because it require some prerequisites wich might be combinated with the fact that a GM reported (Even if we don't know yet if what he said was right ) that the outlaw hidden apparence was not obtainable because of a phasing problem.

When i read that i was more inclined to tell myself, maybe there's something we had to do in order to be able to loot them or make accessible this other loot table
    -Maybe some dataminers may have an idea to track an Hidden table loot from the extracted CASC files ? ( or maybe the SQL one's if you're brave enough and you wish to import the files in a SQL table )

then to continue, Once again it was said that you need one of the bindings to start the quest and that you'll need to talk to Thrymjaris or Tonneraan to lunch an Event

Quote Originally Posted by Saenyx View Post
    Source from July - WoW Europe ( French ) gonna translate with my own words

Ok guys, so apparently someone said that the bindings are lootable from Ash'Golm ( In the Warden Vault ) http: //imgur .com/ JggGwIC and from the last boss in Neltharion's (Still by dropping the Chinese Screen) lair but are not yet in the loot table because it require some prerequisites wich might be combinated with the fact that a GM reported (Even if we don't know yet if what he said was right ) that the outlaw hidden apparence was not obtainable because of a phasing problem.

When i read that i was more inclined to tell myself, maybe there's something we had to do in order to be able to loot them or make accessible this other loot table
    -Maybe some dataminers may have an idea to track an Hidden table loot from the extracted CASC files ? ( or maybe the SQL one's if you're brave enough and you wish to import the files in a SQL table )

then to continue, Once again it was said that you need one of the bindings to start the quest and that you'll need to talk to Thrymjaris or Tonneraan to lunch an Event
    Do you know if this was mythic or heroic?

Deleted
    i don't know but if i may give my point of view i think Mythic

Ahoy, you dirty Booty thieves

Okay, so I did a daily quest, found this hidden gem and decided to explore this area more. Came across this island way off the coast of Azuna. Filled with Murlocs and a mighty treasure collection, and also a big ass pearl. Maybe connected to the other pearls found around the Broken Isles. One is in a cave northeast of High Mountain. (this place pings a discovery when you find it and its named)

I believe Neo

That big ass pearl does something. xoxo

even more islands and stuff out here. hmmmm
    Last edited by Cheerbleeder; 2016-09-14 at 03:31 AM.