Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

watched the greymane vs sylvannas cinematic 1 thing confuses me

he says for varian,for gilneas for my son. now i know who varian is and what gilneas is but i want to know more information about greymanes son, did sylvanas kill him or turn him into an undead

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    he says for varian,for gilneas for my son. now i know who varian is and what gilneas is but i want to know more information about greymanes son, did sylvanas kill him or turn him into an undead
    she fired an arrow at Greymane, his son took it instead. So now Greymane blames Sylvanas.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the battle for Gilneas Sylvanas had a poisoned arrow aimed directly at Genn and his son jumped in the way of the arrow to save his father.

Genn's brat was never her target he just sacrificed himself for his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Play a Worgen and complete the starting experience, or look it up on YouTube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas took an aim at Genn, but his son jumped in to the line of fire, he was killed very shortly after. All Undead, and Worgen players would have learnt this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sylvanas took an aim at Genn, but his son jumped in to the line of fire, he was killed very shortly after. All Undead, and Worgen players would have learnt this.
    How could Undead players know it?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    gossip spreads through forsaken ranks I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    during the battle for gilneas sylvanas was in the city and the gilnean forces started attacking.

sylvanas aimed at genn but liam jumped in front of him and got the arrow.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you hear about it through the quests, if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Shhhhh...don't tell anyone, but some people have been known to roll alts just to see the story

/secret shame

Deleted
    I think Sylvanas tried to kill Greymane because she was jealous that Genn, as a mere human, is by far more attractive than she is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Shhhhh...don't tell anyone, but some people have been known to roll alts just to see the story

/secret shame
    He mentioned the Worgen and the Undead specifically, so I was just wondering what quest mentions it. I levelled an Undead and can't seem to remember it, however I am aware of the fact that my memory isn't perfect and I sometimes forget thing, which is the reason for which I asked the question. Can't see how you r answer to this question could help at all.

The Forsaken invaded Greymane's kingdom after the cataclysm shattered the Greymane wall. His son lead the defense of the city during the height of the entire struggle against the invading forces. Sylvanas fired off a posionous arrow at Genn in order to kill him and his son, Liam, took the shot for his father.

Liam Greymane has delivered one of the most epic speeches you'll find during this questline which plays out in the worgen starting zone. I've put it in the spoiler below for you.

"The Forsaken think we're weak. A broken people. They think we'll roll over like a scared dog. How wrong they are. We will fight them in the fields until the last trench collapses and the last cannon is silenced. We will fight them on the streets until the last shot is fired. And when there's no more ammunition, we'll crush their skulls with the stones that pave our city. We will fight them in the alleys, until our knuckles are skinned and bloody and our rapiers lay on the ground shattered. And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed... wounded and without hope... we will lift our heads in defiance and spit in their faces. But we will... NEVER SURRENDER!!!!! FOR GILNEAS!!!"

Liam's hasty funeral and Genn's promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E1WZDAbE3E

Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-09-14 at 03:48 PM.

My favorite part of the whole thing is how Genn is willing to damn an entire race because his stupid son wanted to be a hero. I'm not defending Sylvanas' actions, I support her cause but not her methods, but Genn's an asshole and I hope we don't have to see too much more of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    At the battle for Gilneas Sylvanas had a poisoned arrow aimed directly at Genn and his son jumped in the way of the arrow to save his father.

Genn's brat was never her target he just sacrificed himself for his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    My favorite part of the whole thing is how Genn is willing to damn an entire race because his stupid son wanted to be a hero. I'm not defending Sylvanas' actions, I support her cause but not her methods, but Genn's an asshole and I hope we don't have to see too much more of him.
    Genn's stupid son,Genn's brat..lol.You people are shamelessly showing your Sylvanas fanboyism here.

Liam was a decent character who was just trying to protect his kingdom,his people and his father.Just say it like it is;Sylvanas murdered him.And Genn's thirst for revenge is completely understandable.It is the most understandable,realistic motive for revenge in the world.Only an unrealistic character would be able to work with their son's murderer even if it meant the end of the world.

But i understand that you were hurt that your waifu got bitchslapped and her plans went to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Genn's stupid son,Genn's brat..lol.You people are shamelessly showing your Sylvanas fanboyism here.
    I don't even think it's just Sylvanas fanboying, I think everyone just hates everything these days. I've yet to see a character people like in a majority.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Liam was a decent character who was just trying to protect his kingdom,his people and his father.Just say it like it is;Sylvanas murdered him.And Genn's thirst for revenge is completely understandable.It is the most understandable,realistic motive for revenge in the world.Only an unrealistic character would be able to work with their son's murderer even if it meant the end of the world.

But i understand that you were hurt that your waifu got bitchslapped and her plans went to hell.
    Blizzard's storytelling would be disastrous if they had Genn's character forgive everything that was done to him, his kingdom, his family and his people.

Genn and Jaina are the only two Alliance characters that show an expectable and logical progression in terms of character development that is shaped by what is happening to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard's storytelling would be disastrous if they had Genn's character forgive everything that was done to him, his kingdom, his family and his people.

Genn and Jaina are the only two Alliance characters that show an expectable and logical progression in terms of character development that is shaped by what is happening to them.
    Exactly.What Genn is doing right now is what any realistic character,any realistic father, would do.

Fanboyism? Liam only exists in the Worgen starting zone. He's an unimportant character. Because I don't care about one faceless NPC I'm a Sylvanas fan boy? You're as ignorant as your grammar suggests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Fanboyism? Liam only exists in the Worgen starting zone. He's an unimportant character. Because I don't care about one faceless NPC I'm a Sylvanas fan boy? You're as ignorant as your grammar suggests.
    Dude you said his "stupid son wanted to be a hero".His son is a minor character and within his small role he's shown that he is a dutiful son,a dutiful prince who just wanted to keep his father safe.How the hell is it fair to blame Liam for anything at all.And blaming a father for wanting revenge for his son's murder is beyond retarded.Especially since the father is a fking Worgen.