Deleted
    OK thanks guys. I don't know if I want to have a macro AND two other buttons when my intention was to make this complex system of skills a bit simpler, so I guess having just two buttons would be better than three. Definitely seems to be the most buttons for a tank of all the tank specs; SS, Revenge, Devastate, TC, SW, VR (IV), FR, IP, SB, Intercept, HL, and that's just the more regularly used ones, on top of the five defensive cooldowns and one offensive one, taunting, HT, and possible engineering toys.

Whoever said all classes got simpler in this expansion hasn't played a prot warrior, I'm thinking.

I'm starting to level my warrior, but I've been spoiled by my DK while leveling, ie AoE half the zone. Is there an effective amount of mobs to pull to keep the warrior going or can/should I continue to just pull everything in the area but kill it slower? Ofc, I could be doing my rotation completely wrong, so there's that too.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I'm starting to level my warrior, but I've been spoiled by my DK while leveling, ie AoE half the zone. Is there an effective amount of mobs to pull to keep the warrior going or can/should I continue to just pull everything in the area but kill it slower? Ofc, I could be doing my rotation completely wrong, so there's that too.
    Level prot. jump around, intercept and throw yer weapon to pull EVERYTHING. AoE. if a mob dies, use victory rush to heal back up. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Is Into the Fray that good?

I love the Vengence / Ultimatium Combo, it's feels so fluid, and if you pool rage, you can get insane IP's going, but I see so much talk of Fray.

For those of you who have played both, what are positives and negatives?

Do you still get Ultimatium, or go something else?

Deleted
    Generally you should take ITF in dungeons or adds fights, but that is stil questioneble considiring ult/vengeance build is stil good on adds.

The thing is both builds work differently so its not as black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Level prot. jump around, intercept and throw yer weapon to pull EVERYTHING. AoE. if a mob dies, use victory rush to heal back up. Done.
    The one caveat here is that you can pull almost any number of melee mobs, but you need to be careful with casters since there's only so much you can do against magic damage (and you also run into the obvious issues of ranged mobs not grouping up). The eastern half of Suramar City that's full of elites is a great stress test for prot's solo capabilities; I've pulled upwards of 10 melee elites without difficulty but I top out at around 3 casters (regardless of the number of melee mobs in the pack) before my health starts to dip noticeably and it becomes a race to proc Victory Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    The one caveat here is that you can pull almost any number of melee mobs, but you need to be careful with casters since there's only so much you can do against magic damage (and you also run into the obvious issues of ranged mobs not grouping up). The eastern half of Suramar City that's full of elites is a great stress test for prot's solo capabilities; I've pulled upwards of 10 melee elites without difficulty but I top out at around 3 casters (regardless of the number of melee mobs in the pack) before my health starts to dip noticeably and it becomes a race to proc Victory Rush.
    Thanks to both of you. I'll have to work on my rotation, which shouldn't be too hard.

@Danin That's something I'm not looking forward to doing again after a DK. Wish they had the MOP rep gain at least for Suramar... oh well, maybe later.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    I'm at 6% haste, 39% mastery and 21% versatility, also with 7/7 raging furystone. I feel not spiky at all, honestly. Refreshing IP doesn't seem to be a problem whatsoever. I can chainpull through mythic dungeons without IP dropping once (aside from the random 15 sec pulltimer our unholy DK demands). Are you using the ult/rev talent build ?
    Jesus christ how much Versatility do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltan View Post
    Can't tell you the exact number, because I'm at work. I think its something around 8200-ish, though.

Deleted
    cool stuff

Deleted
    So what trinkets do we go for? Currently rocking 845 Str+Mastery WQ with socket and Mythic Horn of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    I'm at 6% haste, 39% mastery and 21% versatility, also with 7/7 raging furystone. I feel not spiky at all, honestly. Refreshing IP doesn't seem to be a problem whatsoever. I can chainpull through mythic dungeons without IP dropping once (aside from the random 15 sec pulltimer our unholy DK demands). Are you using the ult/rev talent build ?
    You could go a full crit build and ignore pain wouldn't drop off in mythic dungeons..

Quote Originally Posted by ChazTank View Post
    You could go a full crit build and ignore pain wouldn't drop off in mythic dungeons..
    That's a joke, right? Literally every other stat is better for maintaining IP than crit. And overall mitigation. It's not even our best dps stat. And if you read, he says it doesn't fall off, EXCEPT for the demands of a 15s timer that his DK wants. IP lasts 15 seconds. IT only falls off when he literally has to stop fighting over its full duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    That's a joke, right? Literally every other stat is better for maintaining IP than crit. And overall mitigation. It's not even our best dps stat. And if you read, he says it doesn't fall off, EXCEPT for the demands of a 15s timer that his DK wants. IP lasts 15 seconds. IT only falls off when he literally has to stop fighting over its full duration.
    He means that Mythic dungeons are completely trivial content that you can't derive much solid raid-esque information from.
    twitch.tv/heavenscalamity

Quote Originally Posted by heavenscalamity View Post
    He means that Mythic dungeons are completely trivial content that you can't derive much solid raid-esque information from.
    That makes sense now that I think about it that way, and rereading it. I thought he was giving the advice of switching to crit, not saying it didn't matter even if he was crit xD

Deleted
    Guys can I ask for vers/mastery prot warriors what trinkets are the best atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltan View Post
    I can stack up to over 9300 versatility and reach 23.xx% or something crazy like that.

Deleted
    I feel annoyed that lower ilvl stuff is very frequently better then 850 things I managed to drop :<
    Just my perception though since obiously Vers is best

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Just my perception though since obiously Vers is best
    Your perception is wrong because strength is more important than any secondary and ilvl increases strength faster than secondaries now.

Vers isn't even the "obviously best stat" you guys are all suddenly clamoring on, even Marok has said that it's not 100% clear yet and not to take things off of one set of sims. He just gave evidence that what he sees SO FAR says versatility is better. Basically all of this is silly and pointless arguments anyways because your choices of gear in raids is limited. You aren't getting the best of every stat you want. What matters is that if the piece doesn't have crit on it, it's a good piece.

Haste has such a clear advantage for DPS, and not even an actual disadvantage for damage taken that I don't see why people are suddenly jumping off the ship so damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    Your perception is wrong because strength is more important than any secondary and ilvl increases strength faster than secondaries now.

Vers isn't even the "obviously best stat" you guys are all suddenly clamoring on, even Marok has said that it's not 100% clear yet and not to take things off of one set of sims. He just gave evidence that what he sees SO FAR says versatility is better. Basically all of this is silly and pointless arguments anyways because your choices of gear in raids is limited. You aren't getting the best of every stat you want. What matters is that if the piece doesn't have crit on it, it's a good piece.

Haste has such a clear advantage for DPS, and not even an actual disadvantage for damage taken that I don't see why people are suddenly jumping off the ship so damn hard.
    Bold mine.

Just anecdotally. Jumping so hard because alot of tanks got into tanking to not be a frentic haste stacking blur of motion but a meat shield of epicness. We will stack it if we have to. But I for one would much rather not have to. Personal preference is probably playing a huge role.

Happy Tanking